Joytech eGo-C 900mah battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
So over the years of vaping I have grown to enjoy the 900mah eGo batteries. In the mail today I got my first Joyetech brand one and really like how the button will tell you when the battery is dying by changing color and how smooth the hit feels from it. Does anyone know where I can find more of these? I like to have a few in different colors for backup. The place I purchased from only has a few basic ones.

Does Anyone know if there is a 900mah vv or twist eGo? The one I did end up trying was bigger than the 900 and a bit clumsy for me to use. I like the smaller batteries and have sacrificed not having a vv for comfort but would switch if I could find what would work for me.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Does Anyone know if there is a 900mah vv or twist eGo? The one I did end up trying was bigger than the 900 and a bit clumsy for me to use. I like the smaller batteries and have sacrificed not having a vv for comfort but would switch if I could find what would work for me.

You may have this one already, but there are two types - the eGo-c 900mAh batt and the eGo-c "upgrade" batt. The first has a regulated 'constant mode' underload voltage of 3.3-3.4 Volts and the upgrade batt has two modes - the regular 'constant' mode and what they call the 'variable mode' - it isn't a true VV like the Twist, but it runs like a regular unregulated 3.7V batt where you're 4.2 V off the charger, then goes to 3.6 - 3.7 for most of the charge dropping to 3.2V at the end. This would give you more wattage. I use this mode on certain flavors that can take the extra heat, but also taste good in the 'constant' mode. Changing to the variable mode with a 1.8 ohm coil will get you over a 1 Watt increase - which can make a difference with some flavors. And a bit more vapor.... and there isn't the size difference (very slight) vs. the 900 mAh Twist. Even the 650 mAh Twist is longer than the 900 or 900 upgrade batt.

The white, to light blue, to dark blue charge indicator works only in the constant mode - but you can change modes to check charge - 5 clicks on/off, hold for 8 seconds, 5 click on/off changes modes.

Joye eGo-C Upgrade Battery, Joyetech eGo C Upgrade battery, eGo-C Upgrade battery

scroll down to "eGo-c upgrade 0009" for black and 900mah.

You may have this one already, but there are two types - the eGo-c 900mAh batt and the eGo-c "upgrade" batt. The first has a regulated 'constant mode' underload voltage of 3.3-3.4 Volts and the upgrade batt has two modes - the regular 'constant' mode and what they call the 'variable mode' - it isn't a true VV like the Twist, but it runs like a regular unregulated 3.7V batt where you're 4.2 V off the charger, then goes to 3.6 - 3.7 for most of the charge dropping to 3.2V at the end. This would give you more wattage. I use this mode on certain flavors that can take the extra heat, but also taste good in the 'constant' mode. Changing to the variable mode with a 1.8 ohm coil will get you over a 1 Watt increase - which can make a difference with some flavors. And a bit more vapor.... and there isn't the size difference (very slight) vs. the 900 mAh Twist. Even the 650 mAh Twist is longer than the 900 or 900 upgrade batt.

The white, to light blue, to dark blue charge indicator works only in the constant mode - but you can change modes to check charge - 5 clicks on/off, hold for 8 seconds, 5 click on/off changes modes.

Joye eGo-C Upgrade Battery, Joyetech eGo C Upgrade battery, eGo-C Upgrade battery

scroll down to "eGo-c upgrade 0009" for black and 900mah.

Thanks for the information! Mine is a constant mode model (I tried to be sure) and doesn't change the voltage. One more question for you... What type of resistance would be best in a cartridge for this? Right now I'm using a CE4 with 2.4 ohm and tend to have issues with the liquid having a burnt taste after a bit. Should I just have lower resistance? Thanks for your help!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thanks for the information! Mine is a constant mode model (I tried to be sure) and doesn't change the voltage. One more question for you... What type of resistance would be best in a cartridge for this? Right now I'm using a CE4 with 2.4 ohm and tend to have issues with the liquid having a burnt taste after a bit. Should I just have lower resistance? Thanks for your help!

Many time top coils like the CE4, since they are 'above' the ejuice level after a bit, will get dry hits and burnt taste. This is why I switched to bottom coil clearos (BCC's). I use the Tabac BCC from good prophets which has a 1.8 coil and get 2.2 replacement coils for my lighter flavors. The lower the resistance the more heat. So if you stick with the CE4 you might want to try a 2.6 or 2.8 ohm coil but keeping the wicking wet should help - turn it upside down in between hits once you see the juice level is below the coil. And 'long wicks' aren't always a good solution. See:

A PBusardo Rant & Review - Vision eGo Clearomizer V3 (long wick) - SnG Vapor - YouTube

http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=478

http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=479

Kanger has other BCC's - tried them all, like this one the best - good view of the tank good capacity 3ml, and no leaks... If you want smaller try sun vapors Baby T3.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Haven't tried fasttech yet but did just pull them up.. Would you consider these good quality?

If you do a search here on 'fast tech' you'll see a lot of problems but some who had none. More common is like: "I bought 6 eGos from fast tech and one was DOA, another lasted a week but the others work just fine!" Still, they are Quite a bit cheaper than Joyes or Visions so some think it is worth it. You decide....

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Kent C really has a handle on the eGo thing! :thumb: As he said, the top-coil clearomizers with the hanging wicks have problems not wicking up against gravity, particularly with thicker juices. You have to tilt and rotate them to keep them wet. This is probably more responsible for your dry taste than the resistance. Certainly try a bottom coil clearomizer, such as a Kanger EVOD, or if you need a glass tank for tank-cracking juices, a Kanger mini ProTank. The 1.8Ω coils (which sometimes read a bit higher in reality) should give you a bit over 6 watts at 3.3V--not very high, and the 2.2Ω a bit under 5 watts. IMO, the 2.5Ω coils that some come with are too high for 3.3V, especially when they turn out to really be 2.6-2.7Ω.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
FT has serious shipping issues for past 6 weeks..U may never get your order, with or without batteries..its not the place to be buying from now....FT has even stopped doing any shipping business with Singapore post..

for joytech batteries, heres a CT-USA well known site selling them... JoyeTech Discount Vapors..ships to your door in 2-3 days....$25.99 Joytech 1000a Twists variable voltage..

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Have you ever considered fasttech? I know...people are all "you get what you pay for"

After using only genuine Joyetech for 18 months, I tried a fasstech as well as a clone from local vendor.

NO COMPARISON IMHO. Fit and finish not same, whole feel of button lasting doesn't feel right, etc.

My Joyetechs 18 months and counting.......

GENUINE Vision Spinners are okay too.

I think in this case you do get what you pay for. Also, joyetech has the safest safety features you ccan find. You can try to blow up the battery but I never have been able to. :) I also have some older Ego Ts and they work flawlessly

Toots Aplenty

Oct 31, 2013
Iowa
MyVaporStore.com has a huge selection of products to customize your vaporizer any way you'd like. I almost went with Oklahoma City Vapes but they didn't have the accessories I was looking for. MVS also has $6 second day shipping via USPS - Free on orders of $75 or more and they're quick in getting your order packaged up and to the post office.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I just upgraded to a Ego had a dire need fro a PV so went to local smoke shop and got a White Rhino Ego style battery with a clearo on it and charger. I guess form looking on here people say its a 650mah and the clearo looks like a ripoff of the No-Wick CE4 CE4 No Wick eGo Clearomizer [CE4EGONOWCKCL] - $5.99 : it vapes really nice! think ill order a couple of the CE4s, but im also still using a couple Kanger T4s but got these Kanger G5s of 1.8 ohms coming will they be ok on a 650mAh battery? I wasnt sure if 1.8ohm be too low on the bigger battery?

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I want to order another battery figure Ill stick with a 650mah looking at the Kanger EVOD. But I think it would be more interchangeable if stayed at same size battery wouldnt the bigger 1000mah EVOD put out stronger volts and say if the 1.8ohms are ok with the 650 they might not be with the 1000mah?? Im new to the Ego I had been vaping 510s since 2011 and just recently changed to using the clearos and have never payed any attention to the ohms till now.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I want to order another battery figure Ill stick with a 650mah looking at the Kanger EVOD. But I think it would be more interchangeable if stayed at same size battery wouldnt the bigger 100mah EVOD put out stronger volts and say if the 1.8ohms are ok with the 650 they might not be with the 100mah?? Im new to the Ego I had been vaping 510s since 2011 and just recently changed to using the clearos and have never payed any attention to the ohms till now.

The mAh (milliwatt hours) that a battery is rated as, has nothing to do with the voltage it has. Both the 650mAh and 1000mAh batts will still be 3.7V. Some are regulated to 3.4V. So that won't be a problem. You can figure about 1 hour of charge for each 100 mAh's. So a 650mAh will last about 6.5 hours and a 1000mAh about 10 hours. There is a significant diffference in length. IF I want more than the 650mAh batt, I prefer the 900mAh - it's a bit longer but not as long as the 1000 and get 9 hours charge. For me, that extra hour isn't worth the extra length.

As far as ohms go - on an eGo style batt - 1.8ohms is good for stronger flavors and 2.2ohm coil is good for the lighter flavors. There's a chart around here for that stuff but that's really all you need to know for those batts. If you later go for the eGo-c Twist (or a VV mod) - which is variable voltage, then track down the chart :)

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
Thank u Kent Im taking from the size of this White Rhino compared to a battery chart on here id say its a 650mAh also someone else had a pic of one I saw and they said it was a 650mah I like it, it defenitly last awhile, but im used to 510s so guess its a big increase! I like the size of it so will probably get another 650mah thinking about the Kanger EVOD 650mah. U like Kanger? those good battery? it is a little cheaper but I hear alot of good about there name, I use there Clearos. I dont think ill get one with a variable voltage just too much for me lol. I like the ripoff No Wick CE4 clearo that came with the White Rhino, ill probably order a couple real CE4s and the smaller Kanger T4s that i been using they sem to vape good off the ego think there a 2.2-2.4 and try these Kanger G5s in 1.8ohm i got coming, I vape 555, RY4, and Congo Craze my 3 favs right now all are dark juices that are pretty thick at 50/50 the T4s was always gunking up bad and having to dry burn well with the 510s..vaping just went to the next level with a ego!! lol

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I like the No Wick CE4s CE4 No Wick eGo Clearomizer [CE4EGONOWCKCL] - $5.99 : I got a rip off one made by White Rhino and its really good im def. going to get some of the real No wick CE4s 1.6ml is plenty big enough tank for me im still using some of the .9ml Kanger T4s and got a couple of there 1.8ohms G5s coming, but the no wick is great!!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
So over the years of vaping I have grown to enjoy the 900mah eGo batteries. In the mail today I got my first Joyetech brand one and really like how the button will tell you when the battery is dying by changing color and how smooth the hit feels from it. Does anyone know where I can find more of these? I like to have a few in different colors for backup. The place I purchased from only has a few basic ones.

My response in the fasttech thread
Nice...got em in!

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1487500
1487500-4.jpg

October 31, 2013 , 8:37 am
Out for Delivery
BAYTOWN, TX 77521

October 31, 2013 , 8:27 am
Sorting Complete
BAYTOWN, TX 77521

October 31, 2013 , 6:51 am
Arrival at Unit
BAYTOWN, TX 77521

October 27, 2013
Depart USPS Sort Facility
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94128

October 27, 2013 , 7:21 pm
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94128

October 26, 2013 , 4:42 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
October 26, 2013 , 9:21 am
Processed Through Sort Facility
HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG

October 20, 2013 , 12:23 pm
Acceptance
HONG KONG

Order Placed:
10/15/2013

So far I am impressed...never had an eGo style battery (other than the corded USB bypass rig) but for 2x-1300mAh battery for under $13.00 and the mantra "backups for your backups of your backups" nice to have...plus a few of the vape-a-loan rigs I have are too big and people don't like em (Totally Wicked Tornado RCS) these are actually pretty daggum small and came almost full charge (only about 2-3 hours on a 150mA cigalike charger than I got when I ordered a Totally Wicked Titan Tank kit which broke in a week at $50+!!! (they did send me a replacement though so customer service is solid enough)

So far I like it, I have a BCC mini at 2.5Ω coil that I pulled off my Vamo V3, I run my Vamo at 6.5 watts all day long and the vape is warm and full, on these batteries the vape is MUCH cooler with less throat hit but still a good volume of vape cloud

[main reason I got em was to see if I could duplicate these problems that people keep having and to see if there is a viable fix or underlying flaw, plus to get my hands on one for the ability to have something tangible in my hands to help with troubleshooting and whatnot]

Not bad for a cheap backup I suppose...was less than $13 for two batteries...let see how well they hold up, if they break...meh...I still use my other workhorse rigs Vamo V3 (and soon to be MVP2 yay!) anyway

All of you do go back and under the "Details, Options & Support" link above the "Track Package" button and click the "delivered" button to let them know you got it right? ;)

Pics or it didn't happen of course :p
eGo1300_zps5f1b956f.jpg

Top:Vamo V3 APV with digital Marpat desert wrap (2000mAh Efest IMR - removeable), Middle:eGo 1300 (1300mAh internal battery - fixed), Bottom:510-X automatic cigalike (400mAh internal - fixed)
I have been HAMMERING on these things...the black one after a full charge lasted over 18 hours and didn't flash drained before I went ahead and put it back on charge, so far pleasantly pleased...the 2.5Ω coil I am currently using has a very cool vape...I think a 2.0Ω-2.2Ω would be spot on for this rig

So far so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread