Juice behind screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
Hey eveybody, so i've had my Topside Dual for almost a month when this happened, i went to use it and i notice droplets on the screen. Dovpo have been more than accomodating and are sending me a new one. I am just curious if anyone knows of a tear down video. I posted about this on reddit.com and one of the users said there is a vid and he or she was going to see if they could find it but i guess they had no luck. The store i bought it at actually sold me a 1st gen for $120. I found out it was 1st gen by the people at Dovpo, they asked for a pic of the mod around the bottom side where the charging port is. The lady, whos name is Rita told me that it was 1st gen and that they would send me a 3rd gen. Pretty awesome customer service if you ask me. But if i can get this one working then it will def be a bonus, so if anyone knows of a trick or a link for a tear down video, i would be grateful. Thanks everyone. Happy New Year!

Reactions: HigherStateD

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
Thank you. I’m very impressed with their customer service. I see you said you had one with the he same issue. Did it resolve it’s self or did you disassemble and clean it? Or is it a paperweight now. Thanks for the tips. I tend to squeeze hard but I don’t fill the bottles because I came to the conclusion that if you fill the bottle, and your trying to put batteries in, you’re gonna have a bad time

Reactions: RuiG

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
This is the one I used as a guide
I’m on Mobile right now and it won’t show me the video. Is it the Russian dude? I believe, if it is the same vid, he is doing a tear down on a v2. I have a v1 but I can’t see there being that much of a difference. But I’m going to try the bag of rice trick for a week before teardown
Dovpo Topside Dual V.2 / disassemble / repair

My rules for topsides:
-Don't fill bottle up to the top
-Squonk gently.

Happy New Year.

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
I managed to open mine up to a point but it needed desoldering on battery door to fully take it apart. Used some paper towels and cotton to clean it up, bagged it in rice grains for some weeks, assembled back together and it's working perfect. As long as th3 bottle is not full to the top and I don't squonk hard.

It's the Russian dude video.

Thank you. I’m very impressed with their customer service. I see you said you had one with the he same issue. Did it resolve it’s self or did you disassemble and clean it? Or is it a paperweight now. Thanks for the tips. I tend to squeeze hard but I don’t fill the bottles because I came to the conclusion that if you fill the bottle, and your trying to put batteries in, you’re gonna have a bad time

• Winner

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
That one? That one is the first mod I ever got my hands on. It's been dropped more times than I can count, from several feet, onto concrete. The juice behind the screen eventually went away though, right before the 510 stopped reading atomizers for a while, so I put it in storage to work on later. I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago, and the damn thing is working fine again.
IMG_20210101_114758.jpg

As stated, the number one rule is, some air in the bottle. Juice can't compress, so if squeezed, it has to go somewhere.
Also, make sure the bottle is built well, tight screws and such, make sure the sled is all the way up, and the cap is on correctly. As long as the cap is tight, you can change the battery all you want without a leak.

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
I managed to open mine up to a point but it needed desoldering on battery door to fully take it apart. Used some paper towels and cotton to clean it up, bagged it in rice grains for some weeks, assembled back together and it's working perfect. As long as th3 bottle is not full to the top and I don't squonk hard.

Ya I watched that vid. Thanks for the reply. You had to desolder eh? I’m not too keen on that. But I have a friend that knows how to do that. Or so he says lol

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
That one? That one is the first mod I ever got my hands on. It's been dropped more times than I can count, from several feet, onto concrete. The juice behind the screen eventually went away though, right before the 510 stopped reading atomizers for a while, so I put it in storage to work on later. I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago, and the damn thing is working fine again.
View attachment 924421

As stated, the number one rule is, some air in the bottle. Juice can't compress, so if squeezed, it has to go somewhere.
Also, make sure the bottle is built well, tight screws and such, make sure the sled is all the way up, and the cap is on correctly. As long as the cap is tight, you can change the battery all you want without a leak.
Yes exactly the same. I just finished cleaning the bottles and I’m going to let it sit in a 50 gallon barrel of rice. See what happens. Hopefully I get an outcome like yours!

• Optimistic

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Yes exactly the same. I just finished cleaning the bottles and I’m going to let it sit in a 50 gallon barrel of rice. See what happens. Hopefully I get an outcome like yours!
The board isn't waterproof, and can be shorted out by prolonged exposure to e-liquid, as the PG will attract water. As soon as I noticed the streak of liquid behind the screen protector, i figured out why it was happening, and became careful to hold the tip of the fill bottle totally in the fill port. If I over fill, I let the bottle suck back the overage, and the tip being below the top, is a good gauge of a stopping point. I never felt the need to disassemble that unit, and just let the e-liquid take care of itself. I did get several more, just in case though. HTH.

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
The board isn't waterproof, and can be shorted out by prolonged exposure to e-liquid, as the PG will attract water. As soon as I noticed the streak of liquid behind the screen protector, i figured out why it was happening, and became careful to hold the tip of the fill bottle totally in the fill port. If I over fill, I let the bottle suck back the overage, and the tip being below the top, is a good gauge of a stopping point. I never felt the need to disassemble that unit, and just let the e-liquid take care of itself. I did get several more, just in case though. HTH.
Mine was fine but then it wouldn't turn on unless i opened the battery door and let the batteries slide down a bit, then i would push them up and close the door and it would be fine. After awhile i noticed it would run throught where i vape, usually 2.5 to 3.2 volts down to 1volt. That was when i said "ok enough i'm going to have to do something if i want to save this". Dovpo have been A1 as far as customer service and are sending me a new one but if i can have two working, why not right?

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020

Ya i've seen his video. It's weird that he has the only tear down video for this mod, seeing how many people have run into this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread