Juice in mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortenhy

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2017
I just bought a Uwell Whirl 24mm tank (2ml here in Denmark, but I just pull out the coils from the container so its 3.5 ml)..And sorry for my spelling, I am Danish.
I use a 50/50 liquid with 9 mg of nicotine and a 1.8 ohm coil (10 to 15 watts).

I keep sucking up e juice in my mouth and I have tried these things:
Changed the airflow
Increasing wattage and decreasing
Change coil and bought a new pack of coils and tried them too
Tried another drip tip
Take lighter draws
Only fill the tank half way full
Blow into the airhole

Someone in here with other ideas? I have search on Google for the last two days and I am getting no where. .

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
@sonicbomb and @greek mule have good suggestions there.

There are one or two potential problems that are unique to tank cartomizers like the one you are using which haven’t been mentioned though the others are more likely I think.

1. The coil may not be seated correctly and juice is leaking into the coil through means other than the wick. This usually means it either wasn’t put in right or there’s a bad o-ring somewhere.

2. The coil itself may simply be designed badly.
I had an elitar with two coil choices. One was great but the other was terrible and had this same problem. It was inherent to the coil design and nothing could really be done except to not use that particular model of coil for that atty. my eventual solution was simply to get another atty entirely which worked quite well.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
These are good suggestions above, and I've found that the answer is almost always- just poor design. I've also noticed that this doesn't bother a lot of people, and you'll be baffled that no one else reviewing the same device doesn't mention it. This might be my #1 vaping peeve though.

Finding longer drip tips has helped me, and also doing the "power of christ compels you" shaking the excess juice into the sink once or twice a tank. But it shouldn't have to be that way. Best of luck...you've officially taken the Whirl off my list of future purchases :)

mortenhy

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2017
Thanks for all the answers. Meanwhile I was arguing in the shop and they gave me a new tank (the same model) , and even though I use 100%VG and almost not sucking, the problem remains ...but the thicker juice def helps, but no so much that I can live with it.

I have watched all reviews on YT and no one mentioned that particular problem, which is weird....I will be on the lookout for a new tank instead.. Thanks for all the answers.

Reactions: drysprocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread