Juice or cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2010
Michigan
Ok, I know I am the new kid on the block, but I don't get it. I finely found a cart, smilin menthol, that I thinks great! Have both in 18 and 11 strength. Bought the 18 strength juice- yuk. Figured I was doing something wrong, or to strong. Watched the videos, and ordered 11 smilin juice. Less yuk, but still not the same as the pre filled carts. much harsher and not the smooth taste of the cart- missing the smooth coffee after taste. Is it me, or do I have to start all over with trying 100 flavors of juice from scratch as they don't match the pre filled?

phishtraveler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
...in middle america
i agree with Ocean City. prefilled carts taste MUCH better than ANY of the matching juices. i guess that keeps us buying carts, right? some juices are closer than others...but i have yet to try one that i can't tell the differnce between prefilled and one i refilled myself. even with a syringe.

2Packsaday

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Sometimes the juice is spot on. Other batches are just off. You will never know from batch to batch. I decided to never buy more than 1 bottle of juice before I test it, and make sure it's right. If it's good, then buy a ....-load immediately before it changes again. You really have to be your own QA person with this stuff.

Last edited:

Joyce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
West Virginia
i agree with Ocean City. prefilled carts taste MUCH better than ANY of the matching juices. i guess that keeps us buying carts, right? some juices are closer than others...but i have yet to try one that i can't tell the differnce between prefilled and one i refilled myself. even with a syringe.

Words cannot express how much I disagree with this. I find the prefilled carts to have a plastic-y taste that I never find in one I fill myself. Ones I fill myself have always had a purer taste of the juice. That is, the cool cart blanks do. The same cannot be said of the WOW blanks.

Last edited:

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
I have never had a problem with taste using bottles to refill. I quite enjoy it, and it saves money. I never clean the carts or mess with them other than to just refill them and vape. I have heard the juice is better when stored in the fridge, can anyone verify if this is the best way to store the e-juice? (Not for taste so much, but for longevity and freshness).

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
Words cannot express how much I disagree with this. I find the prefilled carts to have a plastic-y taste that I never find in one I fill myself. Ones I fill myself have always had a purer taste of the juice. That is, the cool cart blanks do. The same cannot be said of the premium blanks.

That's actually what I mean't. I just didn't want to prejudice anyone one way or the other;)

VapNfool

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
Hands down, the juices are better...particularly in consistencey vs the cartos. I've found some cartos are pretty good and others are bland with not much flavor kick. Whenever I have filled a new blank with juice, they ALWAYS give me that kick of flavor...even when topping them off while vaping. Sure, ya might not like the taste of a juice, but the flavor is definitely there virtually everytime with fresh juice in them. I won't buy cartos...only juice now. The only cartos I get are the freebies from V4L. I can sample those to get a feel for my likes and dislikes of a flavor. Then I buy juice if I find a good one. My $0.02 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread