Help w/ juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2010
Michigan
I think I may be doing something wrong. Have been buying smilin menthol cartos in 18. Ordered the same juice in 18 to re fill used cartos a few times. Is the juice stronger at 18 than the pre filled cartos? Also not nearly as good of flavor from the refilled carts as from the original pre filled carts, also much harsher flavor. I figured I must be doing something wrong in this process. Help anyone?

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I don't think you are doing anything wrong, there is a difference between Cartomizers and juice in both strength (i.e. freshness) and flavor so it does seem notably different. It might take a little while to for you to get use to, were you using Wow or Premium Smilin? I also notice that sometimes the menthol flavors seem a little unbalanced at first. I went through this with some Wow Nuport, so I put it on a shelf for a couple of weeks and the flavors were more balanced as the tobacco flavor started to come through. All in my head? Maybe, but my taste buds were certainly convinced.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Mmc,

I had the same experience with the Smilin 18. And if you read the threads, it apparently happens with the other flavors as well. Sometimes there is a difference in taste between the carts and the juice. Haven't tried Snowdragons solution, so since I have refilled any Smilin in quite awhile, I'll refill some tonight and see how they compare.

SnowDragon

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 28, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    I would certainly give that a try.....does it seem like it's menthol overkill right now? If so, that was the issue I was having with the Wow Nuport which was produced 7-08-10....so it was only a month old by the time I got it.

I would leave the cap on the juice and put caps (condoms) on the Cartos so they don't dry out. I gave it 2 weeks and the mentol flavor and tobacco flavor became notably more balanced.

Just a funny side note, my last order of Wow Nuport was some older stock (round bottle) production date 5-11-10 and it was delicious. So I requested some of the same production date and the crew came through for me and it is delicious straight from the bottle...vaping it right now.

As well, you may want to think about ordering some blanks just to ensure that this may not be an issue with old pre-fills.

Last edited:

wader2k

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 8, 2010
    NE Illinois
    My best guess as to the difference in taste between prefilled and 30ml refills is that the juice is fresher. It hasn't sat in a cart for any appreciable length of time. I generally much prefer the taste of a freshly filled cart.

YMMV!

edit. I would definitely 2nd SnowDragons recommendation to try using blank carts instead of refilling a used cart....just to see if it makes a diff.

Last edited:

Mmc

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2010
    Michigan
    I ordered some blank carts today as well as a bottle of wow cowboy menthol, I'll cap the ones I filled, only had been used once ( first juice order) and let them hang out for awhile. I better stock up on carts though if you have to let the juice sit. Any chance you need a lower nic strength in juice than in pre filled?
    If that was a stupid ? Just ignore it - very new to this

Mmc

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2010
    Michigan
    Alright, I don't think it's me. My last order I ordered som blank cool carts and also a bottle of wow cowboy menthol. The cowboy tasted just like the sampler I got, but the smilin is still awful. I tried a fresh pre filled smilin cart and the blank cart filled with the juice - no comparison. And yet the cowboy was the same. Should I wait a month and try to reorder a different lot number?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread