Juice problems :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arge3

Jul 23, 2019
New here :)

So I went to buy my first bottle of juice a couple of days ago and not knowing anything the guy at the shop made something for me. Long story short the 70ml of juice I bought has no nicotine in it. Great...
So I go to another shop (first one I went to was too far to go back to) and asked the guy there if it was possible to add nicotine to the juice I had already bought. He gave me 2 10ml bottles of unflavoured nic and told me to empty some of the juice I had bought and add the two bottles.
Still no effect/hit at all...
  • The first bottle I bought was 70ml with 50/50 VG and PG
  • The 10ml nic bottles had a concentration of 166mg/10ml
Can anyone explain what the hell I'm doing and what sort of solution I have at this point cus I am so confused...
Thanks guys :)

Reactions: Izan

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
If there are 166 mg nicotine in the each 10 ml bottle of nic then it is 16.6 mg/ml nicotine.

If you add both of those to 50ml of the non nicotine ejuice then you would end up with 332 mg of nicotine in 70 ml of ejuice. this would be 4.75 mg/ml nicotine ejuice.

If you mixed it with the entire 70 ml of no nic juice it would end up being 90 ml of 3.7mg/ml nic

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hi Arge3,

In addition to Izan's questions, could you tell us:
  • What setting are you vaping at?
  • How much (if anything) you used to/currently smoke (what you're used to will affect your nicotine tolerance)?
  • Does the nic bottle say anything about salt?
  • Could you double-check the nicotine concentration? 166 mg/ 10 ml is very unusual. Concentration is usually shown in mg/ml, and 166 is an odd number - not that it isn't possible. Shops can do some very strange things.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
If your numbers are correct, and assuming you are getting off cigarettes, then the shop guy's suggestion should work fine. Persoanlly, I needed stronger nic than that to quit. Do you know thw VG/PG ratio of the 10ml bottles? The original bottle is 50VG/50PG... nothing wrong with that but very thin juice and also some people don't like that much PG. No worries, I would just go for it, and then order some juice online after you find out if it's enough nic and if you are OK with that much PG (I don't like anything over 35% PG... bothers my throat) If you are quitting cigs, you need to be vaping ASAP... better than smoking any day!

Reactions: stols001

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
Welcome Aboard
It's really a question of trial and error in the beginning. I got off the Cancer Sticks using only 6 or 9 nic but that is unusual, I would maybe start with 12 or 18 and 70/30 VG/PG.

Try buying online, from any of the big stores, I like MVS myself, but most are good. Do you have a store near you that would let you try different flavors? That's how i found one of my favorites, Earl Grey Tea from East Coast Liquids. I wouldn't go with a subscription package at this stage you can end up with a lot you don't like.

As above what hardware are you using, where are you located etc. as much information as you feel comfortable with giving out is helpful.

You have come to the right place there are so many wonderful people here with a wealth of knowledge and everyone wants to help you stay of the cigs.

Lastly keep on vaping. You have taken a giant step already, you may mix in smoking as well until you get this sorted out and you will sort it out.

Arge3

Jul 23, 2019
Hi and welcome to ECF,
What nicotine level do you normally use? (and hope to increase the new 70ml to?)
What device are you using?
Where are you located? US/UK/AU?

I'm sure we can figure out a solution for you and your issue.

Cheers
I
Ok so after some research and talking to the friend I was borrowing juice from before I feel pretty stupid. :laugh:
What I was borrowing from him was salt nic nic which has way more nic in It than I previously though (25mg/ml)
Anyways I should have probably done my research before hand and asked him before just walking into a store and buying whatever... Lesson learnt
From what I have read there's not much point in trying to add that amount of nic as it can get dangerous dealing with it.
Thanks for the help guys anyways my stupid mistake :)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Ok so after some research and talking to the friend I was borrowing juice from before I feel pretty stupid. :laugh:
What I was borrowing from him was salt nic nic which has way more nic in It than I previously though (25mg/ml)
Anyways I should have probably done my research before hand and asked him before just walking into a store and buying whatever... Lesson learnt
From what I have read there's not much point in trying to add that amount of nic as it can get dangerous dealing with it.
Thanks for the help guys anyways my stupid mistake :)
I disagree, but if you have everything sorted...

Well, congrats!

Cheers
I
I mix DIY using 10%/100mg/ml nicotine.
It's much less harmful than most household chemicals; drain cleaner, bleach, Et al.

• Agree

Arge3

Jul 23, 2019
I disagree, but if you have everything sorted...

Well, congrats!

Cheers
I
I mix DIY using 10%/100mg/ml nicotine.
It's much less harmful than most household chemicals; drain cleaner, bleach, Et al.
My main problem would be finding that concentration of nic. The shop I went to had max 16mg/ml and being in Italy I don't know what they're legally allowed to sell. Buying online also gets complicated so I don't really have that option :(
Although DIY mixing does sound very interesting :laugh:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
My main problem would be finding that concentration of nic. The shop I went to had max 16mg/ml and being in Italy I don't know what they're legally allowed to sell. Buying online also gets complicated so I don't really have that option :(
Although DIY mixing does sound very interesting :laugh:

Condolences from Spain.
I had to import from the US.

The EU/UK regulations are oppressive. :grr::grr::grr::grr:

If I buy retail, I use 20mg/ml unflavored nic shots "neat" in my pod devices. It's almost strong enough...:facepalm::facepalm:

cheers
I

Arge3

Jul 23, 2019
Welcome aboard.
That concentration of 166mg/10ml (16.6mg/ml ) is very strange.Usually nicotine boosters come at 20mg/ml ratio (at least in Europe).
I know it's really weird but I think it might be because it's made by/for the shop Specifically. Can't add the picture from my phone but it's 166mg/10ml for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread