Juice Seems To Be Too Thick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keebler

Dec 18, 2009
Clearwater, FL
When I started I had millions of questions and always got the answers I needed, so i try to return the favor. Juices will spoil if not stored properly. They should be stored at normal room temperature in a dark place. NOT a refrigerator and away from heat and UV light. I store mine in my bedside table and it's been fine. If this vendor has a batch that bad, he is not storing his product properly and you can be sure that applies to all of it. My first bottle of juice was cappuccino, and for some reason it started tasting like a foot, and i realized it was because I left it in my car for a few hours in the sun (not summer, but it still got warm in the car) not only heat, but it was exposed to direct sunlight, too.

Keebler

Dec 18, 2009
Clearwater, FL
The general consensus is that it is good for a year after it is mixed, so if it sat for a while before you bought it, you won't get a full year. I bought a large (120mL) bottle of 0mg 2 years ago since it was cheap and my plan was to go off nicotine altogether. I found it recently, stored properly but out of the way, and it had thickened in the bottle. It is highly unlikely you will have a flavor you like still around after 2 years, and this is why most vendors sell max 30mL bottles. I have vaped small bottles that I set aside and forgot about for 6 months or so without any noticeable change.
Halo puts an expiration date on their bottles, and I think they are mixed when you order them.

Poppsie

Mar 17, 2012
England
Ummm, the "menthol" vendor said his juices are mixed when he receives the order, but no one can prove this I guess. At the moment I'm "playing around" with filling the cartos and getting an idea of how long a 10ml bottle of juice will last me. Ideally for me is to have a small stock of smaller size bottles, at least for the moment, while I get more experienced with vaping and suss out my fave flavours. A shelf life of a year is good but like you say, I wouldn't expect to have a favourite flavour still lying around after that time.

darkstorm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
Colorado
www.vaportrailz.com
Straight VG is thinner in consistency than honey. From what is being described here there is something very wrong with this bottle of juice. I would not attempt to thin it down as whatever happened to the liquid its obviously spoiled, crystallized or otherwise failed. Its thicker than pure VG, much less a supposed 50/50 mix. Get a refund or replacement. Barring that submit a poor vendor review and move on with life. I am not certain that thinning this particular juice, given its unnaturally thick consistency, is a safe recommendation.

Keebler

Dec 18, 2009
Clearwater, FL
I agree with Darkstorm, something is wrong with that juice and trying to use it could ruin your atties or worse, make you sick. There is no way to prove what the vendor says is true, but it seems to me it was heated up, which evaps what water is in it. VG can be reduced by boiling down to a jelly. I try small bottles from different vendors and I have received many I found to be unusable due to taste, consistency, etc. It is less painful to throw away a small bottle. Order a small sample, then order a bigger bottle if you like it. If the vendor does not offer a sample size (5ml) then they don't have repeat business and you should move on to another vendor.
For reference, cuz I think you asked, I vape 3-5ml a day. Your consumption will vary due to vaping style and what hardware you use. I vaped about 1ml a day with the standard 510 pen style

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread