Juice Steeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Most of the ejuice i buy online is fresh made before shipping, never has this happened, more often than not i've vaped some of them out of the box, never had any taste or smell of chemicals.
There might be something off with that juice but here's hoping someone with more knowledge than me comes around.

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I recently bought myself some Drip Hacks Congo Bongo, a diy starter kit, as I've heard a billion great reviews of their kits. I did everything in the instructions and a 1 week steep was recommended, but it still smells slightly chemical-y plus looking a bit cloudy. Does it just need more time or is it a lost cause?
Hola,
It is important to taste/vape your dilutants separately. ( a drop or two on the finger or on a coil just to test)
If you have any "odd" tastes, they will taint your finished juice.

PG seems to be the most prone to chemical taste for me and nicotine the second most.
VG seems to absorb ambient odors if stored incorrectly. ( I had some from a pharmacy that tasted of perfume or deodorant feminine hygiene products)
If the flavoring contains alcohol, a few hours with the cap off may be just the ticket to reducing "off" tastes.
Despite any suggested aging times, I will test my mixes asap, make a note and then allow it to age as needed.
I don't suggest heating the mix, but a good shake every day seems to encourage the mix to maturity.

My daily vape is TFA- Double RY-4. I mix 1000ml at a go and leave it to age a minimum of 30 days.

Cheers
I

Reactions: smacuser

a1m330910

Jan 23, 2020
Hola,
It is important to taste/vape your dilutants separately. ( a drop or two on the finger or on a coil just to test)
If you have any "odd" tastes, they will taint your finished juice.

PG seems to be the most prone to chemical taste for me and nicotine the second most.
VG seems to absorb ambient odors if stored incorrectly. ( I had some from a pharmacy that tasted of perfume or deodorant feminine hygiene products)
If the flavoring contains alcohol, a few hours with the cap off may be just the ticket to reducing "off" tastes.
Despite any suggested aging times, I will test my mixes asap, make a note and then allow it to age as needed.
I don't suggest heating the mix, but a good shake every day seems to encourage the mix to maturity.

My daily vape is TFA- Double RY-4. I mix 1000ml at a go and leave it to age a minimum of 30 days.

Cheers
I
Thanks for the reply, this kit is just flavouring/pg then you add the vg and nicotine to the bottle and leave to steep, so not many variables. I think I'll leave it another week or 2.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I recently bought myself some Drip Hacks Congo Bongo, a diy starter kit, as I've heard a billion great reviews of their kits. I did everything in the instructions and a 1 week steep was recommended, but it still smells slightly chemical-y plus looking a bit cloudy. Does it just need more time or is it a lost cause?
Might like to ask your question in this forum below (the "New Member forum" is used basically as a polite way of saying hello to all ECF members):
DIY E-Liquid
These folks can talk volumes about steeping.

• Useful

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Looked it up and it's what is known as a "one-shot" flavor. I'm guessing because it's a fruit mix it should not need a lot of steeping. Do you know what % you mixed it at?
As mentioned, check out the DIY forum (under general e-liquid forum)
It might just be mixed too strong but not familiar with that brand.
It would help to know what device you are using and what VG/PG ratio the DIY juice is.
Did you shake it up really good when you mixed it (that's very important)?

a1m330910

Jan 23, 2020
Looked it up and it's what is known as a "one-shot" flavor. I'm guessing because it's a fruit mix it should not need a lot of steeping. Do you know what % you mixed it at?
As mentioned, check out the DIY forum (under general e-liquid forum)
It might just be mixed too strong but not familiar with that brand.
It would help to know what device you are using and what VG/PG ratio the DIY juice is.
Did you shake it up really good when you mixed it (that's very important)?
I'm using my Dead Rabbit V2 rda. It's mixed at 20% and 80/20 vg/pg. I did everything in the instructions correctly. From the amounts to shaking it till my arms ached. Although I've recently had other users tell me 7 days is optimistic and they left theirs for 4 weeks so maybe time is key ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread