Steeping issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1m330910

Jan 23, 2020
Hi everyone, so I was advised to post this here. I've recently brought a did starter kit from Drip Hacks which seems to be very good and have heard nothing but great reviews of their stuff. I did everything on the instructions and the recommended steeping is 7 days. This is a tropical mix but after 7 days it's still cloudy and has a slightly off smell. I tried a quick vape and it just tastes sweet/slightly burnt. Does it just need more time?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If you have a heavy cream or custard in there you'll want to give it 2-3 more weeks. If it's just fruits try on a different coil maybe or different wattage. Without knowing what flavors or what gear you're using can't offer many suggestions. I wouldn't worry about the smell, some flavors just stink but taste good.

a1m330910

Jan 23, 2020
If you have a heavy cream or custard in there you'll want to give it 2-3 more weeks. If it's just fruits try on a different coil maybe or different wattage. Without knowing what flavors or what gear you're using can't offer many suggestions. I wouldn't worry about the smell, some flavors just stink but taste good.
All I can say is its a tropical mix, mango/pineapple/the usual suspects. I had it on my Dead Rabbit v2 sitting on the Vaporesso Gen. Whats making it more frustrating is I seem to be the only one having problems with this juice. 7 days did seem a bit optimistic to me so maybe patience is key?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
All I can say is its a tropical mix, mango/pineapple/the usual suspects. I had it on my Dead Rabbit v2 sitting on the Vaporesso Gen. Whats making it more frustrating is I seem to be the only one having problems with this juice. 7 days did seem a bit optimistic to me so maybe patience is key?
If this juice is new to you, it might just be a combination of flavors that simply don't appeal to you.
I love fresh mango and pineapple (but don't eat them together), but can't stand them in a vape. All I taste is burnt plastic.

HTH
I

a1m330910

Jan 23, 2020
If this juice is new to you, it might just be a combination of flavors that simply don't appeal to you.
I love fresh mango and pineapple (but don't eat them together), but can't stand them in a vape. All I taste is burnt plastic.

HTH
I
Now this is very interesting to me, everyone seems to have very different opinions so you could be right! I've never been a fan of mango vapes but this a general tropical. I mean I've had other vapers tell me they leave theirs for over 4 weeks and others just shake and vape. Some saying let it breathe and others just pop it in the cupboard and let it be. but I know it's not right as it's supposed to be a golden colour and is most definitely not at the moment. It's a minefield...

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Mango is a pretty distinctive flavor and hard to mask. If it is too forward for you after another 10 days or so might try adding a dark berry to the mix. This is why I don't use one shots, no control over how much of any single flavor is in there.

a1m330910

Jan 23, 2020
None of my tropical usual suspects are ever cloudy. What do you mean by an off smell?
Almost alcoholic/chemical? I have let it breathe each day and given it a shake which has helped a bit. Although I do think the 7 day recommended steeping is a bit on the low side, as I said I seem to be the only one having problems so I'm the only one who doesn't have any patience... it does smell better the last couple of days but when I vape it I can only taste sugar/burnt which makes me think it's not quite ready.

• Optimistic

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Almost alcoholic/chemical? I have let it breathe each day and given it a shake which has helped a bit
    Maybe taking off the lid and giving it a few squeezes to replace the air in the bottle, and a shake always helps. No idea what you're vaping it on or if it's a fresh coil/wick, but 'burnt' to me means lower the watts.
    Anyway, was that a one shot or individual flavors mixed at specific amounts?

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    It makes me think it is contaminated, and that part is the "cloudy part." Did you wash everything before mixing it or was it a pour this into a that and whatever and whatnot.

I think you should call the company and ask. Chemical/ETOH smells don't require off lid steeping for day s in a row to evaporate.

I would not vape it, personally. It's up to you if you want to wait but well IDK, I mean, nothing hurts to email or call the company I would think. They can either reassure you or say "Sounds like something went wrong."

Anna

Reactions: ShamrockPat

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Almost alcoholic/chemical? I have let it breathe each day and given it a shake which has helped a bit. Although I do think the 7 day recommended steeping is a bit on the low side, as I said I seem to be the only one having problems so I'm the only one who doesn't have any patience... it does smell better the last couple of days but when I vape it I can only taste sugar/burnt which makes me think it's not quite ready.
    Cloudy does happen is some mixes and can effect the taste. Suggest you contact seller and see what they suggest:
    +44 1260 540900 ?? Or email at their site: E Liquid Concentrates | Vape Concentrates | DIY E Liquid UK | DripHacks

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Once I had two or three flavors that I liked, I bought those for current, but also the future. I wanted all juices to be properly steeped without my having a consideration or need to keep track of individual flavors. I just steeped juices, that I bought, for 1-2 months. I bought them and stored them in a drawer.

I had the juice supply that I bought last week, a juice supply that I bout a month ago and another group of juices that I bough a month and a half ago.

Pretty simple, pretty effective.

Hope helps

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread