Juice with no flavor after steeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle Wolff

Jun 23, 2019
Hi, I am new to vaping (coming from cigarettes) I ordered 4 juices at first and they all tasted great. So I went wild and ordered a bunch more from two different companies (different than the first) and none of them had flavor, zero flavor. That is how I found out about steeping. While I waited for those to steep, I ordered from the first company expecting them to have flavor since the first order did and they too have none. It has been 3 weeks and I have 20+ bottles of flavorless e-juice! What am I doing wrong?? It has become very boring to taste nothing and I am so disappointed that I am ready to toss them all!! I have read about vapers tongue and I don't believe that is it because when I go back to what little of the original order I have, they taste great.

BTW the steeping method I used is Shake daily and let sit in a dark cool place.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Any more info from you would be helpful for us to help you.
Gear that you use(Pod/regulated mod with atty on top/AIO)?
What resistance?
What wattage/power setting?
Different juices at different pods/attys or are you filling with different juice once it's almost empty?
Are you doing mtl or dl inhales?
Are you changing the coil/pod after a consumption of 40-60 ml for a coil,20-30 ml for a pod?
Your e-liquid is Free base or Nicotine Salt and at what percentage of nicotine?

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Michelle Wolff

Jun 23, 2019
haha, ok. I will try to answer this..............
I am using an Innokin Endura T20s these are the spec from the site I ordered it from:
  • Simple One Button Operation
  • Designed for a Mouth to Lung (MTL) Vaping Experience
  • Dimensions: 5-1/8"" x 13/16"" (Including Prism T20S Tank)
  • Diameter: 20.5mm
  • 510 Threaded
  • Built-in 1500mAh Battery
  • Maximum Resistance:18W
  • 2.0ml e-Liquid Capacity
  • Top Fill Design with Twist Off Cap
  • Tr-Color LED Battery Life Indicator
  • Charged via Micro USB 5V/1A
  • Utilizes Flavor Enhanced and High VG Compatible Endura Prism T20 Kanthal Atomizer Head for Variable Wattage
  • Includes (2) Endura Prism T20S Kanthal 0.8ohm Atomizer Head (16-18W)
  • Includes Drip Tip Cap
I will admit that I do not know what some of this means.

With the 4 that had flavor, I would add a different flavor when the tank got low. With the new ones that have no flavor I was putting a little in the tank to try them and then vaping all of it, washing the tank then trying a new one. Since none of them had flavor, after trying them all, I just would fill up half with whatever and then top off with the original ones that did. (does that make sense?) The original 4 had so much flavor that adding them to juice that didn't still gave me something.

I did not know about changing the coil after "x" amount of use. I thought it was just changed when it quit working. Can you tell me more about that?

I am not using salts. One that I have that has really strong flavor is Millennial Juice from Vaporfi. I assume this is "free base"?? The first 4 (had flavor) were 70pg / 30vg with 3mg of nic. The ones I got that have no flavor are 30pg / 70vg with 6mg of nic. Some of the bottles are 100ml and some are 30ml.

I hope this helps. Thanks for taking the time...........

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There are several possibilities here:
1: you may just have vapers tongue and nothing tastes like anything at the moment.

2: The other issue is the way artificial flavors work. Everyone tastes them differently. You may be buying juices the flavors of which simply don’t agree with you

3: they might actually have no flavor. Is there a way you could get an outside opinion on them?

Michelle Wolff

Jun 23, 2019
I have 20 or so different flavors. Some fruit, some coffee and some dessert. They all smell great so I know there is some flavoring in them. It can't be that they all disagree could it? Since I am new, I ordered from 3 highly recommended sites and read all the reviews that said the flavors were really deep and good.
I will see if someone else will try them.
Thanks

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Thanks for the info.Coming from cigarettes,you are using too low percentage of nicotine IMHO.Step up to 18mg/ml to satisfy your nic cravings.Millennial Juice from Vaporfi uses free base nic,not that this has something to do with your taste.

A coil usually last for consumption of 30-60 ml of e-liquid.When you notice decrease of flavor and/or decrease of vapor production,it's time to change it.

Your first juice works better with your tank for two reasons.
First,it is 70% PG and wicks more efficiently than a e-liquid whith high VG ratio.Plus PG is a better flavor carrier than VG.The coils of T20s have tiny wick slots and maybe the coil is not fully saturated when using the 70vg/30pg juice.It is more viscous e-liquid.Thus the lack of flavor.Probbably you are tasting slightly burned cotton.

Second,your device does direct output,that means when battery is fully charged it output 18 watt(with the 0.8 ohm coil) but as voltage of battery decreases,power deacrease.Meaning that perhaps as voltage drops the power is not enough to vaporize a high VG juice.A juice that isn't vaporized efficiently junks the coil and deacrease flavor.

I suggest to use 70pg/30vg or 50/50 e-liquids whith this kit.
Always saturate a new coil before installed,drip juice at the center of coil(5-7 drops) and at the side of coil(2-3 drops at each wick slot).Install coil,fill your tank and let it rest for at least 10 minutes.If you can't wait that long just do 2-3 primary puffs without hitting the fire button but no more or your coil is going to flood.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have 20 or so different flavors. Some fruit, some coffee and some dessert. They all smell great so I know there is some flavoring in them. It can't be that they all disagree could it? Since I am new, I ordered from 3 highly recommended sites and read all the reviews that said the flavors were really deep and good.
Thanks
Whether a given person likes a given flavor is basically random. It has to do with the physics of how flavorings work. If YOU find that you like a lot of stuff that a given reviewer like though you may have similar tastes so that particular reviewer might be useful to you.

Reactions: DeloresRose

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks
If they smell good but you can’t taste them that implies vapers tongue.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
First try with a new coil and 70vg/30 pg or 50/50 to make sure flavor is fine with these ratios.If it is all you can do for the high vg e-liquids you have, is to add distilled water to them at 5%.At a 30 ml bottle of pre-made juice for example add 1.5 ml distilled water(this is equivalent to 45 drops).This will drop the flavor a bit but at least you can make use of all your bottles.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
So, since I have all of these juices, what can I do with them? Can I add more flavor? Or an I just stuck using them flavorless?
There were lots of suggestions. You could search vaper’s tongue and get some ideas how to get your sense of taste working a bit better.

You could be patient while your taste buds recover from smoking - they do.

You could thin your higher vg juice a bit with distilled water. Or buy a device that’s better suited to those juices.

You could change your coil and keep more charge on your device.

Just keep in mind, as mentioned, good reviews mean nothing in e liquids. Tastes are incredibly subjective. I almost never like what everyone else does. I have literally found one commercial juice recommendation that works for me. I make 99% of my juice for that reason.

• Winner
Reactions: Izan

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
What's devices would you recommend for the higher vg ones I have?
If distilled water fixes the problem you don't have to buy a new device,though it is good to have a spare one for backup.After finishing those 20 bottles just always buy 50/50 or higher pg e-liquids.
Kroma-A mtl Kit can handle 70%vg e-liquids.

• Agree
Reactions: DeloresRose

Michelle Wolff

Jun 23, 2019
If distilled water fixes the problem you don't have to buy a new device,though it is good to have a spare one for backup.After finishing those 20 bottles just always buy 50/50 or higher pg e-liquids.
Kroma-A mtl Kit can handle 70%vg e-liquids.

Thanks for the suggestion. That is a little more than I can spend right now. What should I look for in a device that will handle the higher vg? Are there specific specs that make one better than the other?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Thanks for the suggestion. That is a little more than I can spend right now. What should I look for in a device that will handle the higher vg? Are there specific specs that make one better than the other?

I use higher vg with atties that take lower ohm coils. Actually now I mostly build my coils and am at anywhere from .20 to .40 ohms, but there are plenty of pre made coils between .5 to 1.0 that should work.

And I’m sure somebody will be along to argue this point with me, and yes if it works with your coils, fine, recommend your tank and coils by all means. But it’s obviously not working for the OP, so I’m suggesting things that may.

And also, pg/vg ratio is not a big deal in RBAs, except where it may cause leaking, and as a matter of preference.

But some higher ohm drop ins can’t wick a lot of vg with smaller openings for cotton and at the lower wattages they use.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
52BFB550-8782-49B8-AA4A-302994562700.jpeg
Just an example, so you can see how the hole sizes vary with the difference in ohms. Top is 1.8, next is .4 and bottom is .12

The first one is okay at 50/50 or thereabouts. The bottom does fine with max vg.

Reactions: greek mule

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Generally you need a mod capable of 30w at least,and a tank that takes drop in coils 0.4/0.5/0.8/1 ohm.
These coils have larger wick holes than 1.5/1.8 ohm coils so thick juice can flow easier.You can do restricted DL or loose MTL whith them.

Kroma-a kit can do up to 75w and takes 0.5,0.8 and 1.6 ohm coils.
You can check Aspire Tigon kit for 30 bucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread