Juice with no flavor after steeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle Wolff

Jun 23, 2019
View attachment 823121 Just an example, so you can see how the hole sizes vary with the difference in ohms. Top is 1.8, next is .4 and bottom is .12

The first one is okay at 50/50 or thereabouts. The bottom does fine with max vg.

Thanks for the visual. Since I am new, I did not know about any of this!!

Reactions: DeloresRose

Michelle Wolff

Jun 23, 2019
Generally you need a mod capable of 30w at least,and a tank that takes drop in coils 0.4/0.5/0.8/1 ohm.
These coils have larger wick holes than 1.5/1.8 ohm coils so thick juice can flow easier.You can do restricted DL or loose MTL whith them.

Kroma-a kit can do up to 75w and takes 0.5,0.8 and 1.6 ohm coils.
You can check Aspire Tigon kit for 30 bucks.

So the smaller the ohm the larger the holes?
If the Kroma kit does up to 75w with the different ohm coils will it also do the lower pg? Like, the one I have won't do the higher but will do the lower.......will a higher wattage do all of it? (does that make sense?) (a dvd won't play blue ray but a blue ray will play a dvd and br.....) :)

Reactions: DeloresRose

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
So the smaller the ohm the larger the holes?
If the Kroma kit does up to 75w with the different ohm coils will it also do the lower pg? Like, the one I have won't do the higher but will do the lower.......will a higher wattage do all of it? (does that make sense?) (a dvd won't play blue ray but a blue ray will play a dvd and br.....) :)
Yes, a high watt mod works fine at low watts - I ought to know, I have 200 w mods that have never been above 40 w lol. Better to have more power than you need than not enough.

Michelle Wolff

Jun 23, 2019
Yes with the Kroma or with Tigon you can do the low pg using the lower ohm coils.With the 1.6 ohm coil you can do the high pg.Kroma is a regulated device you adjust the wattage.

It's starting to make more sense now.
The one I currently have has just one type of coil that it can use due to the low wattage. The ones you suggested have a higher wattage and can use different ohm coils based on what mix of pg/vg you have. Right?

Michelle Wolff

Jun 23, 2019
Exactly!Also here is a quote from an online retailer for your coil:
"Featuring a 0.8 Ohm Prism S coil pre-installed, we recommend using this with high PG eliquids of 50% and above for best performance".Innokin Endura T20-S Vape Starter Kit

LOL.............. see, I told you I was really new!

So how do I know which coil to use? What decides that?

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
Hi, I am new to vaping (coming from cigarettes) I ordered 4 juices at first and they all tasted great. So I went wild and ordered a bunch more from two different companies (different than the first) and none of them had flavor, zero flavor. That is how I found out about steeping. While I waited for those to steep, I ordered from the first company expecting them to have flavor since the first order did and they too have none. It has been 3 weeks and I have 20+ bottles of flavorless e-juice! What am I doing wrong?? It has become very boring to taste nothing and I am so disappointed that I am ready to toss them all!! I have read about vapers tongue and I don't believe that is it because when I go back to what little of the original order I have, they taste great.

BTW the steeping method I used is Shake daily and let sit in a dark cool place.
Also, what is the VG to PG ratio? High VG juices may have less flavor than the high PG juice. VG is more for clouds, PG is more for flavor.

Edit: I saw you use 70/30 mix. Maybe step up the PG.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
You have got good advice so far... one more tip (and a question) For "thicker" juices I just mix with some cheap tobacco flavor 50vg/50pg (It is also stronger 18mg nicotine to boost "weak" juices) You mentioned "washing the tank" (I assume with water) Do you mean the coil/wick part also? If so, you would have to dry it very well before using or you just be vaping water. That would explain no flavor.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
A few more tips. Shake juice bottle before using (they may separate) Do a "dry hit" (draw air without pressing button) between vapes. Suck a little harder when you vape (I just realized this was something I was doing wrong) Wait a bit between vapes... let coil cool down. Stock up on coils (usually come in 5-packs) Some thicker/darker/sweeter juices clog coils. Stop buying different juices and save your money for a better device (then you will have your current one as a backup) Don't wait for battery to go too low... charge more often. Don't let tank go empty, and don't fill all the way either. I have learned all these things in 2 months... mostly from these forums. Search for BrotherBob's post with links for beginners... helped me so much! Oh yeah, turn off when not using!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread