Just a few questions from a soon to be Reo noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

negrete35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
I am a dripper. I use RBAs around 1 ohm on a mechanical mod. Dripping and driving isnt safe and with my new job i drive 40 minutes each way. I am not sure if I want to get a mini or mini 2.0. I think I will have to get the mini2.0 just because i don't think that it will be safe to run 1 ohm coils on a 14500 battery. I am just looking for opinions about which rba to get for which reo is suggested. Just for reference, in case anyone can give me a direct comparison, I am currently using the Igo L dripper on a Gus 18500. Thanks in advance.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
The Grand is only a little bigger than a mini and uses a 18650 battery.

It will hold twice the juice and accept a variety of RBA's. The 2.1 will accept a variety of RBA's also.

+1 on that. A grand is only marginally larger, but the larger juice bottle and batteries are = big improvements in vape capacity and duration. I have had both and now my grand feels like a mini.

I'd be willing to bet that most people would think the grand was a mini if Rob accidentally shipped em one (except the batteries would be too small).

Either way you go, you will be pleased

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
I'd be willing to bet that most people would think the grand was a mini if Rob accidentally shipped em one (except the batteries would be too small).

I remember that exact scenario happened to someone here a while back, cant remember who though.

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I am a dripper. I use RBAs around 1 ohm on a mechanical mod. Dripping and driving isnt safe and with my new job i drive 40 minutes each way. I am not sure if I want to get a mini or mini 2.0. I think I will have to get the mini2.0 just because i don't think that it will be safe to run 1 ohm coils on a 14500 battery. I am just looking for opinions about which rba to get for which reo is suggested. Just for reference, in case anyone can give me a direct comparison, I am currently using the Igo L dripper on a Gus 18500. Thanks in advance.

I agree that with a RBA you will want the bigger battery.

The Mini 2.1 has the bigger drip well to allow most RBA's. There is a list here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/377836-reo-compatible-rbas.html

harley05

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
Scarborough, Maine
I would vote for a mechanical grand or a VV Grand. Both are not as large as you would imagine, and super comfy fit in the hand. When weighing a slightly larger size against the "no worry" peace of mind that comes with 6 ml of juice and a long batt life, I think it makes the perfect commuter. I carry both with me each day, full and fresh batts. Depending on where I get out (ie. field or friends house) I choose either my slightly beat up Grand or my new VV Grand. Diff flavors in each of course. :) I find it to be the perfect balance of backup and versatility in my situations. JMHO. Good luck with whatever you choose and dont be afraid to come ask questions, how ever trivial they may seem to you. We've all been there! I'm Ed btw! Now you can call me....oops nm!

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
The difference in size between Grand and Mini 2.0 is negligible, I'd say. They feel the same in hand, since they have the same cross-cut dimentions. The 14500 Mini feels smaller in hand because it's skinnier and narrower.

However, I would not suggest mini for that low of a resistance atomizers. That little battery will not last you very long with that high of a current.

Also, if you do choose mini 2.0, I'd go with 2.1 instead. Same price and size, but more options for atomizers that will fit on it.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I appreciate it. But i cant get anything to satisfy me the way a side air fed RDA does.

AMEN to that.^^^ There are pictures depicting the different sizes of the different REOs here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/267046-thinking-reo-but-one-cpl-questions.html Post #13 shows the size of a Grand and a Mini. The only size difference between a Mini and a Mini 2.1 or 2.0 is in thickness, so you should be able to see the difference, and you can see the size of the Grand in relation to a business card. (Love that picture!!! It says so much!)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Grand
001-1.jpg

Grand
003-1.jpg

Mini
P1010170.jpg

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
That box labeled Marlboro Smooth is the pack of smokes I finally got around to throwing away just last week. :lol: Yep...it's been sitting in my desk drawer for over two and a half years, ....you know.....just in case. :laugh::facepalm:

And that black thing is the lighter I used to use with them...but now I can't find it. Funny how at one time I wouldn't be caught dead anywhere without a lighter in reach. And now I have no clue where it got to. :lol:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I love that photo size comparison, but what's that funny looking box labeled Marlboro Smooth used for. Seems like I used to know :)

And what's that skinny black thing in the bottom pic?

I recently procured some of those lighters to torch coils!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread