Just a little heads up about electroNicstix and returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakesta2006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2009
A, A
I recently purchased a vamo unit and found the button to be defective out of the package. They were quick to email me back and said they would do an exchange once they received the unit and inspected it. After reading their return policy ( ElectronicStix.Com · SHIPPING/WARRANTY/RETURNS INFORMATION ) I found they would also return defective hardware, so I emailed them back requesting a refund instead. Not knowing it would become an issue, I went ahead and purchased another Vamo from another vendor, thinking I would receive a refund in the near future from electronicstix once they received my defective vamo. Today I get an email telling me they will only exchange the unit and not honor their return policy which states otherwise.

Just wanted to give a heads up, as this is the first semi-negative experience I have had with an ecig vendor.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
From their site, "Upon return of defective merchandise we will replace the defective item with a new or working one. Should an item be inspected, and deemed not to be defective, you will be contacted and the item will be returned to you. Should an item be inspected, deemed defective, and we are not be able to replace the defective merchandise: we will issue a refund for the purchase price of the defective merchandise. Shipping charges remain the responsibility of the buyer and are non-refundable."

I think they covered themselves with the bolded part of their warranty and return policy statement.

Not fair, but they covered their .... on this one.

jakesta2006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2009
A, A
The first part is what threw me off and perhaps should be better-worded. "Defective merchandise may be returned (unless otherwise stated on the product page) within 14 days from receipt of the item. You must contact electronicstix in order to return items, and they must be accepted with an RMA. Non-approved returns will not be accepted." < "..merchandise may be returned.." A return is a return... not an exchange.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
I have only ordered from them once, and had no problem, so there was no need to contact them. However, I have ordered from a couple of other companies that had inconsistencies/inaccuracies in things and they have responded well to me when I told them about it. Maybe if you let them know what you think should be clarified, they would do it, and you would save future customers the same problem.

Nanooks

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Salt Lake
I have had return issues NOT from Electronic Stix with a similar situation, similar return policy. I asked them for in store credit and just ordered something else same or greater worth and paid the difference and they worked with me. Not saying they would but wouldn't hurt to ask. Worst case since it is NIB reselling it locally or online at $5 to $10 less then paid would return most the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread