• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Just begun...questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
Absolutely you can run it on as many devices as you wish :)

With my little ones computers I only have the cpu folding installed because when gpu is running it really slows things down and I don't wish to get them to pause and unpause the folding and/or have them mad at me because I have killed their performance.

Just cpu folding should go unnoticed

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Absolutely you can run it on as many devices as you wish :)

With my little ones computers I only have the cpu folding installed because when gpu is running it really slows things down and I don't wish to get them to pause and unpause the folding and/or have them mad at me because I have killed their performance.

Just cpu folding should go unnoticed

I'm really disappointed with Sony right now....was planning to run it on the PlayStation and had my underling searching for the Folding@home icon.....then discovered that it has been discontinued after November, duh!

NuLLMyndZ

Vapetastic!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
Wish I knew honestly. Would be nice to have some of my GPU available so I never have to pause F@H client.
How i can limit gpu usage? My case fans are running silent because i usually keep pc 24/7 on and my gpu flipped when i turned its fan down to 30-40%.
Should clean dust filters too tho. :D

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
How i can limit gpu usage? My case fans are running silent because i usually keep pc 24/7 on and my gpu flipped when i turned its fan down to 30-40%.
Should clean dust filters too tho.

Wish I knew honestly. Would be nice to have some of my GPU available so I never have to pause F@H client.

inside the program switch to expert mode then a slider will be available under configure/advanced. turn the cpu usage down then restart the program, i run at 70% so i can still use the puter.

metukka

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Finland
inside the program switch to expert mode then a slider will be available under configure/advanced. turn the cpu usage down then restart the program, i run at 70% so i can still use the puter.
GPU, not CPU. After some research, i think theres no such thing to reduce its usage.
I continue with CPU only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread