The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Win7 Ultimat vs. Win 7 Enterprise vs. TechNet subscription

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LowThudd, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LowThudd

LowThudd Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I am considering upgrading between 1 and three computers(depending if two are bricked or not). I am deffinately going to run windows 7, I have Win 7 home premium 64 bit on my main laptop. I am happy w/ it, is it worth upgrading to win 7 ultimate? Also, my other laptop qualifies for a free upgrade to win 7 home premium. So that would solve two problems if a home user does not benifit from upgrading. Also, there is the 90 trial of Win 7 Enterprise, but I am not sure what the benefits of it over hom/pro/ulti are if any, or what will happen after 90 days if I like it. IF it is worth the upgrade to ultimate, I was thinking of subscribing to TechNet, which allows corperate downloads of win 7 Ultimate and a BUNCH of other programs Buy, Renew or Upgrade Your TechNet Subscription. The standard subscription supports any OS download but enterprise, seems like a pretty good deal. Alot better than purchasing win 7 ulti. Any thoughts? I really like win 7, and I am not dedicated enough to learn to use linux. I am certainly not running linux on my laptop which is still under warranty. Any thoughts?

TIA

2. skri11a

skri11a Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2010
    Houston
    I'd google for ya but I'm busy. The main difference between home and ultimate/enterprise is networking ability between machines. Ultimate has media center built in but you can still dl it. Beyond that, I'd have to look it up.

Technet is great btw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.