Just bought a smok e cig and unsure of which liquid to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyJay

Feb 28, 2018
I've recently bought a smok e cig and It's okay I guess but doesn't seem to give me the best hit, this could probably be because I'm not using the correct liquid. I have just been using the cheap 10ml bottles as I don't know much about e liquids and like I said it just doesn't do it for me. So before I go out and buy some liquid could someone please explain the basics to me and suggest what liquid I should buy
Thanx :) it'll be greatly appreciated

Reactions: stols001

LuckyJay

Feb 28, 2018
I've been using a few different ones first is called simply e liquid and it's 18 mg nicotine second i e cig liquid mixed berry also 18 mg but I got a bottle with it which seemed to be better but it's ran out now that's puff Dragon dragon, that has vg and pg written on the bottle which I don't understand and the others don't honestly I'm clueless lol

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Cool. So it would seem that PG is not an issue which is more common. Is the new liquid thicker (higher viscosity for those who want to catch me out ;))?

If it is thicker and the ‘throat hit’ isn’t as good or pronounced then you have a higher VG juice and you want some 50/50 or higher PG next time.

With the nicotine you use it sounds as if your looking for a cigarette type draw. Is your drip tip (top bit for your lips) wide or narrow?
Any chance you could tell us the name of your kit?

That may be an issue as well as the juice.
Sounds like you vape like me. I use less nicotine than you but a tight draw on specific devices with low wattage so I can get that kick and the draw feels like a cig rather than really ‘whooshy’ and airy

Sorry if i over simplify things for you. Don’t know how much you know. You said your clue-less so I thought this way was the best bet

LuckyJay

Feb 28, 2018
Just says smok vape Pen 22
1015282519.jpg
1015282519.jpg

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Thanks zutankahmun that's great thanks for simplifying it for me it's a smok vape pen 22 and the bit for your lips is wide

Good stuff buddy.
Am I correct in thinking you want a tight draw like a cig?
If that’s the case. You want something like a nautilus mini or nautilus regular or nautilus 2. They are older but tried and tested. You can get an istick 20 to stick this tank on. It can also be charged via usb with a built in battery and it’s designed for mouth-to-lung draw. Like I do.

If you find someone or a vape shop with one out. Give it a go.

Your other one is designed for lower nicotine. Direct-lung inhales and big clouds.
Keep this around because many people change their styles to this type of vape.

I think that might be the issue. You want low wattage, less air and a narrow tip to inhale with.

Best of luck.
Also, google ‘the difference between direct lung and mouth to lung vaping’ if you don’t get it.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would try a lower nicotine liquid in that setup, your sore throat could easily be from too high a nicotine level and that's a sub0hm setup. I'd try 9 m.g. or lower, see if that helps.

Too much PG can be drying (and vaping is generally) and so a higher PG level can be more irritating to the throat. I would maybe try 70 VG 30 PG and see how you like it, although you can stay at a higher PG if you want..

Finally, I had a sore throat for about a week when I stopped dual using. It was part of adjusting to e-cigs for me, cigarettes have stuff in them called "humectants" that help the smoke slide down your throat more easily, e-cigs take a certain amount of adjustment.

Try some different things though, and see if it helps.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
  • Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread