Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
hi,
I have a smok priv 3 which I bought about 2 months ago
Recently it has started cutting out or not turning on
I took it back to where I bought it from but they said e-liquid had leaking into the battery and there was nothing the would do.
Has anyone else experienced this or know Joan to fix it?
Really don’t want to buy a new vape
I don’t know about fixing the mod but you will continue to have issues if you don't address where the juice is coming from first.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Mods with screens located on the top do not take to leaking well. And there really isn't much you can do to fix it.

Edit- I should rephrase that. You can clean the chip and possibly get it working again, but if you have a leak with a mod with a screen located on its top, it will likely happen again and there is no good way to prevent that other than not having a leak.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Best bet is going onto youtube to research the mod since the shop was no help. You might end up taking it apart to clean the juice from inside. The juice will fry the board then your left with nothing, as stated before addressing the leaky atty also. Most mods are quite easy to take apart so with isoprop, some qtips and paper towel.

• Useful

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I ain't no expert but you can hope that the board has somesorta safety incase it shorts from the juice and maybe why its not powering. I don't have a smok priv 3 but have taken apart several of my mods to clean inside. I very rarely have a atty leak but its surprising how much juice can get inside a mod, those floating 510 connectors act like a pump to push juice down everytime you put a atty on and once juice gets past the 510 pin and orings there is no stopping it unless you take the mod apart.
Take a box of donuts with you to the shop and they might help or show you how to take the mod apart

• Optimistic

Beka3lea

Jul 13, 2018
I ain't no expert but you can hope that the board has somesorta safety incase it shorts from the juice and maybe why its not powering. I don't have a smok priv 3 but have taken apart several of my mods to clean inside. I very rarely have a atty leak but its surprising how much juice can get inside a mod, those floating 510 connectors act like a pump to push juice down everytime you put a atty on and once juice gets past the 510 pin and orings there is no stopping it unless you take the mod apart.
Take a box of donuts with you to the shop and they might help or show you how to take the mod apart

Thank you, I’ll take it back to the shop tomorrow and see what they can do

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
hi,
I have a smok priv 3 which I bought about 2 months ago
Recently it has started cutting out or not turning on
I took it back to where I bought it from but they said e-liquid had leaking into the battery and there was nothing the would do.
Has anyone else experienced this or know Joan to fix it?
Really don’t want to buy a new vape
Hi and welcome Beka3,
Why was the prince tank leaking? Did it leak from it's first use?

Pro tip: When trying to stop smoking; ALWAYS have a back-up set up. (Some of us have back ups for our back ups, ya know...just in case)

cheers
I

• Agree

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thank you, I’ll take it back to the shop tomorrow and see what they can do
Welcome and glad you joined.
If shop manages to repair your smok priv 3, might inquire if they could recommend a tank that is less likely to leak. Another option is to ask the question in the tank forum:
Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread