The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Problems with my vape

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Beka3lea, Jul 13, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Beka3lea

Beka3lea New Member

Jul 13, 2018
    hi,
    I have a smok priv 3 which I bought about 2 months ago
    Recently it has started cutting out or not turning on
    I took it back to where I bought it from but they said e-liquid had leaking into the battery and there was nothing the would do.
    Has anyone else experienced this or know Joan to fix it?
    Really don’t want to buy a new vape

2. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I don’t know about fixing the mod but you will continue to have issues if you don't address where the juice is coming from first.

3. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Mods with screens located on the top do not take to leaking well. And there really isn't much you can do to fix it.

Edit- I should rephrase that. You can clean the chip and possibly get it working again, but if you have a leak with a mod with a screen located on its top, it will likely happen again and there is no good way to prevent that other than not having a leak.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Alter

Alter Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    Best bet is going onto youtube to research the mod since the shop was no help. You might end up taking it apart to clean the juice from inside. The juice will fry the board then your left with nothing, as stated before addressing the leaky atty also. Most mods are quite easy to take apart so with isoprop, some qtips and paper towel.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Beka3lea

Beka3lea New Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Well I can’t even get it to turn on at this point so there no point in trying to stop it. I’ve taken the tank off so it won’t leak more but the battery still won’t power up

6. Alter

Alter Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    I ain't no expert but you can hope that the board has somesorta safety incase it shorts from the juice and maybe why its not powering. I don't have a smok priv 3 but have taken apart several of my mods to clean inside. I very rarely have a atty leak but its surprising how much juice can get inside a mod, those floating 510 connectors act like a pump to push juice down everytime you put a atty on and once juice gets past the 510 pin and orings there is no stopping it unless you take the mod apart.
    Take a box of donuts with you to the shop and they might help or show you how to take the mod apart

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Beka3lea

Beka3lea New Member

Jul 13, 2018

Thank you, I’ll take it back to the shop tomorrow and see what they can do

8. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    But a tank that doesn't leak or tell us what tank you are using so we can try to help.

• Love Love x 1
  9. Beka3lea

Beka3lea New Member

Jul 13, 2018
    My tank is a tv Prince 12

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome Beka3,
    Why was the prince tank leaking? Did it leak from it's first use?

Pro tip: When trying to stop smoking; ALWAYS have a back-up set up. (Some of us have back ups for our back ups, ya know...just in case)

cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Does the prince leak with every coil? Have you disassembled the tank and checked the orings?

• Like Like x 1
  12. BrotherBob

BrotherBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    If shop manages to repair your smok priv 3, might inquire if they could recommend a tank that is less likely to leak. Another option is to ask the question in the tank forum:
    Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils