Just bought an Alpha!... For my father in law...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Hi all I'm kinda in the alt smoke family now... Purchased an Alpha for my father in law, I'll still be using my Reo mini.

Quick question, why is priority mail free and first class mail an additional fee?

One other question, do I need to buy an adapter aside from my 510- EGO adapter if I want to use the fluxomizers or CE2 on the alpha?

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I don't have an answer for the mail part, but I can tell you about adapters a little bit.

I just got myself an Alpha, and I love this little thing. It's not too heavy, it's not too bulky or awkward, just a nice little streamlined piece of beautiful.

Problem you'll find with using anything bigger than a standard Cartomizer is...they're too big. There's -maybe- a pen width from the 510 connection to the edge of the top, and depressing the top-cap is how you fire the atty. I had an eGo-tank screwed on it the other day, and it took 2 510-510 mini-connectors to even get it on, and then I had very little room for my thumb to hit the button.

Hope this helps!
-X

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I don't have an answer for the mail part, but I can tell you about adapters a little bit.

I just got myself an Alpha, and I love this little thing. It's not too heavy, it's not too bulky or awkward, just a nice little streamlined piece of beautiful.

Problem you'll find with using anything bigger than a standard Cartomizer is...they're too big. There's -maybe- a pen width from the 510 connection to the edge of the top, and depressing the top-cap is how you fire the atty. I had an eGo-tank screwed on it the other day, and it took 2 510-510 mini-connectors to even get it on, and then I had very little room for my thumb to hit the button.

Hope this helps!
-X

I actually had the Alpha thinner than it was to start. I quickly changed my mind on that one as soon as I tried to push down with an atty installed. I figured just stick with the same diameter as the BB :)

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Don't get me wrong, I love this little silver thing. It's actually bigger than you think, but the firing mechanism requires a bit of room for it to work. I wonder if having one side be a bit larger (think GLV) to give you finger room would be at all awkward. That would solve the problem with fitting larger attys/cartos/etc, except that it'd almost have to be a different mod called the Beta or something. ;)

-X

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Well, mine's chrome. The washer idea would probably scratch it up pretty bad.

As far as depressing the top, it's got a good bit of resistance. Pushing the cap down from the sides on mine doesn't work well, because the chrome is a touch on the slippery side, my fingers slide off it before I could get a real good pull. The way I do it is: pinky on the bottom, thumb on the top, compress.

-X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread