Just bought an eVic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinoyBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
WA State, USA
After much deliberation between a Vamo and a mech mod, I bought an eVic on an impulse. Got the kit for $77 shipped, I should have it by wed or thurs. I'm somewhat nervous since I've seen a few thread about popping wires and the rocker switch going out. However, I'm excited for this is my first APV.

If I were to get a Vamo, I would have spent almost $70 for bats, charger, and the Vamo itself. For the mech mod, I would have spent nearly $60 for bats, charger, the mech mod itself, safety fuse, and ohm reader.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Just respect it the way one would a cell phone or Tablet PC and it will work beautifully. About 80% of eVic issues are user induced, as with most device failures. Most of the failures are due to Dropping and for all the ranting going on, most Cell phones($300-$500) would have also broken.
Latest Rant has been going on for over a week and that one took a Scooter Crash and keep working for a while afterward. Guy just can't let it go.
I have (2) eVic, since early Jan. and use them all the time. No problems and no failures. I have even gotten away with the dreaded drop a few times.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Had a evic for a few months now with no issues. My only complaint is that it seems to drain batteries even when not in use. I'm too lazy to figure out how to program it to just turn off. It is a backup mod for me though so I don't mind it at all. It isn't the most durable thing on the planet but, its an electronic device so, I don't expect it to be. Its a nice mod. I wish I had an 18350 or 18500 tube for it, because I like smaller mods, but, other than that, it vapes really well and looks gorgeous. Gotta love the fact that you can see your ohms and voltage and wattage all on home screen.

pmg1944

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Cruces, NM USA
Ive have had my EVIC for a couple of months was my first vv/vw mod have had zero issues with it set it up day one to shut off after 15 minutes of no use and battery last almost 2 days .. I like the indicator that lets me know how much battery life is left LOL makes it nice when leaving home ... Good luck I am sure you will enjoy it.

LazyBulldogge

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
Kalundborg, Denmark
Yup, don't toss it around, and you'll be fine.
My eVic is one of the "first ones" where the top isn't secured with screws, I've dropped it twice from my shirt/jacket pocket, 2 feet onto hard concrete and hardwood floor, and nothing happened. But I'm sure, like with everything else, dropping it at the "right" angle, will kill it.
It's great little device, with all its bells and whistles, I've been using it exclusively for a good couple of months now, with no issues.
Will it be my device forever and ever? Probably not, I really want to try a Provari, it's just so damn sexy. And later on, something else than that too, probably.
Is it a damn good device and great bang for the buck? Definitely.
Have I regretted buying the eVic? Not for a second.

Enjoy :)

TrainingDummy

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Temple, Texas, United States
Definitely baby it as much as you can. Mine took quite a bit of abuse before it gave out, and that was mainly my fault. Lesson learned though. I plan on ordering a new head for mine and getting a holster for it. Several drops onto tile flooring and a scooter crash are what did my selector switch in. Then I broke the fire switch during reassembly after getting a wild hare up my a** and taking it apart to try to repair it. It's a great device, like everyone else said you gotta be good to it for it to be good to you.

funkypunk69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
United States
Just got the evic a few weeks ago. I think it is a great device. Upgraded from ego series. Also have the auto off setting for 30 minutes. easy to setup.

Recently acquired a 18500 siam mods tube and ordered some 18500 1700 mah batteries. - hopefully this is a good mid size battery. The 18650 is just huge for me.

I also have the anyvapes CVI 18350 tube which works perfectly on the evic. All the joye 18350 evic tubes have been sold out for a while or really overpriced. I am not completely satisfied with 18350 battery, but in passthrough mode it is great at work sitting at the computer all day. I do think that someone has to be able to make a reliable 1200 mah 18350 battery that is flat top. 800 mah 18350s are just silly and half the size of and 18650 2600 mah should have at least half the power

All in all great device. Now all I have to do is get my aga-t setup for some good vapor.

Good luck with the new device. you got a steal on it. $12 cheaper than i found it for.

Sector000

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
California
I also have the anyvapes CVI 18350 tube which works perfectly on the evic. All the joye 18350 evic tubes have been sold out for a while or really overpriced.
Does the CVI 18350 tube come with the plastic disc with a hole in the center?

I am not completely satisfied with 18350 battery, but in passthrough mode it is great at work sitting at the computer all day. I do think that someone has to be able to make a reliable 1200 mah 18350 battery that is flat top. 800 mah 18350s are just silly and half the size of and 18650 2600 mah should have at least half the power
I'm not too happy with the battery life either. Then again, I wouldn't be happen even with 2600mAh. I guess I'm a chain vapor. But I still settled for 18650 2000mAh and 18350 700mAh IMRs because I'm too paranoid to use anything else.

There are 18350s with higher capacity, but they're not IMR.

funkypunk69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
United States
Does the CVI 18350 tube come with the plastic disc with a hole in the center?

I'm not too happy with the battery life either. Then again, I wouldn't be happen even with 2600mAh. I guess I'm a chain vapor. But I still settled for 18650 2000mAh and 18350 700mAh IMRs because I'm too paranoid to use anything else.

There are 18350s with higher capacity, but they're not IMR.

No disc in the center of the anyvape tube. A little gap at the top (less than a fingernail). Works great and comes in many colors, but only anodized from what I found.

To note they do have a 3400 MAH battery for the evic and it seems to be getting great feedback Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah Li-Ion for eVic. just a random link to the battery. May not be the best price out there.

funkypunk69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
United States
What I actually want is a battery holder. I was planning to tape the hole on the disc.

Does it come with a tail cap?

Only found it with 1 cap included in the description . It is at this site; Anyvape CVI 18350 Tube - RED [gv-Anyvape18350Tube-RED] - $9.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

A small 2 battery plastic case may be a better choice. http://www.lighthound.com/Lighthound-Waterproof-Battery-Storage-Tube-holds-2-x-18650-batteries-or-4-x-CR-123-batteries_p_2803.html I like the idea though. just screw it in and go after removing the tape.

Last edited:

Brokil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Anonymus
I have been very happy with my eVic. The whole firmware thing is what drew me to it. And I regret nothing. One of my better investments. Even after several drops, still going strong. But like others have said, baby it as much as possible. If you have a Control Head with the sink screws in it, not as much of a worry. But it is still a small electronic with delicate parts.

kerplunk17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
If anyone else is like me and waiting to grab one until a sale, Electronic Cigarette | E cigarette | Best Ecigs | Panda ecigs has joy tech evics cheap if you use a coupon code to get 30 percent off, for the next day or two. Use coupon MADPANDA for 30 percent off your entire order. Just stumbled on this when searching reddit for a deal on an evic, thought I'd pass it on

funkypunk69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
United States
If anyone else is like me and waiting to grab one until a sale, Electronic Cigarette | E cigarette | Best Ecigs | Panda ecigs has joy tech evics cheap if you use a coupon code to get 30 percent off, for the next day or two. Use coupon MADPANDA for 30 percent off your entire order. Just stumbled on this when searching reddit for a deal on an evic, thought I'd pass it on

yep, i have been trying to pass that around also. They also have kanger pros around $14 after discount also. The whole site is 30% off for the next 2 days

I bought my EVIC from them 1 around a week ago and only had 20% off. Their Evolve kit seems to be getting good reviews.

Last edited:

PinoyBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
WA State, USA
Just got my evic in the mail! So happy :)

First impression, eh, build quality seems to be so-so. My cig-a-likes feel more robust, then again, the APVs I've handled were milled out of stainless steel so I might be biased. I love the packaging, looks too pretty to open.

On the way:
Kanthal 32ga, 18350 tube, flat top cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread