Status
Not open for further replies.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
I finally did it!. I had an old rebuildable dripping atomizer that I just couldn't get to work. I decided to dig it out and try again. I used nichrome wire and cotton ball. The final results are 3.4 ohm. and I ran it up to 10.5 (maxed out voltage) watt on my zmax with no problems. My only thing is the flavor is pretty muted. anything I can do to fix that?

I'll getting a couple of rebuildables now. I think my current rda is plated brass because the gunk I cleaned out of it was black. I can't see that being healthy, so I'll be looking for stainless.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
what exactly is a micro coil? I keep hearing about it but I haven't found a good description. I know I need lower resistance. I only have regulated mods, so I guess I'll be aiming for 2.4 ohm for max power. I think I need some good kanthal wire, I hear its better than nichrome.
I'm just so happy to have a working coil

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
What gauge nichrome do you have and what is the RDA?

The Zmax has an amp limit of 4 and a watt limit of 15 (based on specs I just googled). To get the most intense vape possible, you'll want to push it as close to that 15 watt limit as possible without surpassing the amp limit. For instance, with a 1.5 ohm coil, set it to 4.7 volts or 15 watts. That will draw about 3.1 or so amps, so within the limit. 32 gauge wire might get too hot at this wattage and burn your juice, but 30 gauge should work fine. 28 gauge might be too heavy unless you go with a microcoil (all wraps touching and about 1.6 mm ID). 1.3 to 2.0 ohms is the range you'll want to stay within. Good luck!

Last edited:

bertfelin

Sep 18, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Rebuilding is a nonessential, yet very useful, part of vaping. Most vapers don't rebuild. That is why replacement clearomizer heads tend to be "top sellers" on many vendor sites.

I found rebuilding as fun as vaping. just ordered the kanthal a1 28 guage wire to replace all my tanks with kanthal a1 30 guage coil. :D

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
I found rebuilding as fun as vaping. just ordered the kanthal a1 28 guage wire to replace all my tanks with kanthal a1 30 guage coil. :D

I agree. Rebuilding is awesome, its like a separate hobby.

flavor has picked up a lot, so has throat hit. I see what you guys are on about, I could get used to this.
Not only is it one of the best setups I've run so far, It has that "yeah, I made that" feel going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread