Just got a manual KR808d-1 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
Normally the reason people prefer manual batteries and custom batteries like the machined metal ones is the switch you press rather than sucking on it to activate the switch.

The main thing is the switch can not go bad from liquid soaking in it and crusting it over.

The other thing is the fact that some people simply cant suck that long or they get soar cheeks from doing so. The longer you activate the switch the hotter the atomizer gets thus stronger vapor.

The kr808d-1 is by far the strongest mass production ecig made. The addition of the manual switch was supposed to make it a much stronger vapor, but the new battery seems weak to me compared to the automatic ones that ship with the model.

I know the model number for the manual battery is 902 which was originally intended to replace the dse 901 automatic batteries. The fact that the kr808d-1 and 901 are similar thread size made everyone thing they were 100% compatible. They are not though because there are multiple problems in the air flow design as well as the power out put. The 808 batteries are much more powerful and I think the manual switch should be redone with the same powercell made for the 808 and not simply bring over the power cell from the 901 with a button just because it also fits.

I ordered one and it does not work with some kr808d-1 cartomizers. Specifically the cartomizers that do not have slots cut across the center tube to allow air flow. I actually had to use a diamond cutting wheel on a dremel tool to cut the slot on the manual battery, only to find the power was much lower than it should be.

I wanted to find out if anyone else had the same problems or if my battery was just bad.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
It may depend to some degree on where you order, but the auto batteries from V4L definitely have the notch in the battery while the manual batteries do not have the notch.

I noticed this because the Greencig carts with a compatible thread do not have the notch on the cart like notched KRs you refer to. If you match a no-notch cart with a no-notch battery you get no air, like you pointed out.

For me, I like the auto batteries just fine, and since they have the notch I don't have to worry about a notch in the cart. My manual pass through now sits in the drawer, I had to order the auto pass through for the reason you point out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread