Just got my 702

Status
Not open for further replies.

bootninja

Jan 8, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
Hi folks. I've been lurking around these forums for about 3 weeks absorbing everything I could on the topic of e-cigs, and I finally decided on the Smoore M702. It came 2 days ago, and I'm loving the ecigs to death.

That said, There are a few things I am not terribly satisfied with. I tend to have a lot of trouble with juice in the mouth when I first refill my carts, and so I'm thinking about trying a model with a manual battery. I'm also having to refill my carts very frequently, so I want something that has a larger refill capacity.

I've heard lots of good things about the 510, and I'm seriously considering it. I have decided that I don't care so much about size, but I still don't want something huge, and the 510 seems to be a nice compromise.

I'm also having to swap batteries quite frequently, which isn't a huge issue, as the 702 comes with a pcc, but I'd kinda like something with a bit longer battery life. I was only a pack a day smoker, but I tend to suck on the 702 pretty constantly all day long. I currently get about 2 hours on a charge with the 702 and I'd like to extend that a bit if possible.

I realize that I'm getting a bit verbose here, so for all the TL;DR people out there here's a quick summary:

Could you suggest a manual battery model with a larger fluid reservoir and longer battery life than the 702 but that is still relatively compact?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
Welcome to ECF bootninja. I think just about anything out there will have a larger battery life that the 702. I believe those are a 100mah battery. The 510 is a decent unit, but still only has a 180mah battery. Cignot has a decent price for the 510. It's an upgrade, but not by much.

If you are intent on keeping the size small and still getting more battery life, then you may want to look at some kr808d-1 models. They are still similar in size to a cig, but have a 280mah battery. Here's a decent price on a manual starter kit that I found Kr808d-1 starter kit: kr808d-1 cartomizers, kr808d battery and more! Kr808d-1 kit from LiteCigUSA!.

One thing to keep in mind is that manual batteries are better for performance, but it also changes the way you hold the device. Most do not hold it between their fingers any longer to make it easier to push the button. Once that habit changes, the size of the battery becomes less important.

If you can move away from the need to have a compact size, the eGo and Riva 510 starter kits are highly recommended. They have a much larger battery life (650mah and 750mah) and Liberty Flights always seems to have the best prices for the starter kits. (just click the 20% off icon to see the discount price)

bootninja

Jan 8, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
I appreciate the quick responses. I'm not really digging the idea of a juice mod, because a big part of the vaping/smoking experience is in the hand to mouth motion for me.

With the ego/riva510, how does the cartridge capacity compare to the 702 I have now?

Also, One of the things I really enjoy about the 702 is the pcc. is there a pcc available for the ego/riva510?

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If you get a model with a good battery, you don't need a PCC. The 801 atomizer has the largest cart capacity if you stay with carts. (many of us drip) But I would only suggest the 801/BE112 atomizer if you moved up to a better battery device such as the 5 volt GLV2 from Great Lakes Vapor as one of several good PV's with better batteries. And if you don't want to get juice in your mouth, you want more control and more consistency, then ditch the auto batteries and get a good manual battery device. Good Luck.

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
With the ego/riva510, how does the cartridge capacity compare to the 702 I have now?

Also, One of the things I really enjoy about the 702 is the pcc. is there a pcc available for the ego/riva510?

I'm not really sure on a comparative level, I've never used the 702 and haven't seen their carts. Do they use cartomizers (atomizer and filler all in one piece) or a separate atomizer/cartridge? If you want convenience with the eGo/Riva, then pick some BOGE cartomizers. They hold about 1 ml. of liquid and are really simple to fill. The can last up to a couple of hours of heavy/chain vaping for me before I top them off.

And wv2win is right, you don't need a pcc with the eGo/Riva. The battery will last 4-6 hours of regular vaping and all day for light vaping.

mmoss2

Jan 1, 2011
Chicago, Il
one more quick question about the ego/riva. I can't tell from the pictures, does this model have the led on the end of the battery? I find that I tend to stare at the led on my 702 to make sure that it's activating, esp when the draw gets harder(which I've found out usually means the battery is almost dead.

The eGo does not have a light at the end. Instead, the button on the battery is a light. It is actually easier to see.

I purchased the 510 and the eGo. Based on what you seem to be looking for (better battery life, bigger cart), I would recommend the eGo over the 510. eGo battery is great. And the eGo has the option of using mega cartomizers and mega cartridges that hold lots and lots of liquid. This option is not available for the 510.

Since I had never seen one in person, I thought the eGo was gonna be huge based on the pictures I saw. It isn't. It is actually quite small. But fatter. Not that fat. But fatter.

Thank you all for your help. I decided to purchase a riva510 starter. I figure if I don't like it, it was less than a carton of smokes anyway, so it's not much of a waste :) as to the cartriges, the 702 seems to be compatible with the 401/2/3 cartridges which I understand is on the really small end. I'll hope the stock cartridges for the riva are big enough and maybe in the future I'll try the boge cartos. I am sorta trying to avoid cartomizers right now because I'm not sure about how easy they are to refill and the cartriges are cheaper.

I'll be sure to come back and let everybody know how I like the riva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread