Just got my DSE905!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jexmex

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
jackson,mi
I am in love with this thing so far (well besides the fact that in all the excitment I forgot to blow the primer out of the atty).

I never liked my 901. but I think that has always been because of the cutoff on the manual batteries. I am loving the throat hit and the fact that I can drip two drops and have it last for a bit.

I must go back to my primer laced cherry cola now :)

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
I don't know anything about the other commercial mods, but I received my 905 from Healthcabin 3 days ago. The latest version is V3. You don't want an earlier version. Pros for it include ergonomics (it fits well in the hand) and the button to me is in a great position, Big battery eliminates the need to use passthroughs or pcc devices (I think the shutoff circuit in the 905 will shut down a 14500 protected a little before the auto circuitry in the batt would have). This is a good thing since you don't get any weak vapes. A 14500 lasts me a little over half a day of heavy use. The V3 has the ability to drip (I think previous versions had an opening to the battery like a 901 auto).
My 905 is still new so the only con I have is that the bat holder is totally round. If you lay it on a flat hard surface it will likely roll off. I had been using a Nicobox that I made and it was just as good as this mod. Problem was that I go through attys every 2 weeks. In case it was my poor soldering skills I bought the 905 to see if the good workmanship and built in controllers would be any better.

jexmex

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
jackson,mi
I don't know anything about the other commercial mods, but I received my 905 from Healthcabin 3 days ago. The latest version is V3. You don't want an earlier version. Pros for it include ergonomics (it fits well in the hand) and the button to me is in a great position, Big battery eliminates the need to use passthroughs or pcc devices (I think the shutoff circuit in the 905 will shut down a 14500 protected a little before the auto circuitry in the batt would have). This is a good thing since you don't get any weak vapes. A 14500 lasts me a little over half a day of heavy use. The V3 has the ability to drip (I think previous versions had an opening to the battery like a 901 auto).
My 905 is still new so the only con I have is that the bat holder is totally round. If you lay it on a flat hard surface it will likely roll off. I had been using a Nicobox that I made and it was just as good as this mod. Problem was that I go through attys every 2 weeks. In case it was my poor soldering skills I bought the 905 to see if the good workmanship and built in controllers would be any better.
Perfectly sums up how I feel too. I did not think about its ability to roll off, as I always lay it flat end down, but just laid it on end, and it does roll, lol.

tunabubblegum

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Maryland, USA
What voltage does it run? Is it comparable to a Prodigy V.2?

I think the eGo is 3.7V (someone please correct if wrong).
I have the Prodigy 5V version. You can HEAR the power of it. When you
press the button, you can hear the "sizzling" of the juice on the heating element.

Even though I have read that 5V is ideal vapor power, my experience is that's fine if you are dripping. And that last puff is HOT!! on the Prod.

I think the lower voltage (though produces a little less vapor) is better for
all day use and sticking in my pocket.
I have yet to run a eGo batt dead, and even after 2 days of use.
I will put it on charge, but the light is already green!!
So I just let it charge anyway!!

The Prod needs batt charge (replacement) after about a full evening of vaping. Say from about 6 to 10pm of constant vaping.

Some of the juices I have are very subtle flavor, with delicate undertones, the Prod tends to cook some of these subtle flavors out, where as the eGo lets them through.

So, i my view, more power = less subtle taste, but more vapor.

Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread