New Joye Ego Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
Hey!

So I just got my new Joye EGO 510, put everything together. Before I did anything, I made sure I blew out the atty of any primer juice. I then dripped 3 drops of 100% pg juice on the atty using a drip tip, took a puff and wth? The vapour is very warm and I get zero throat hit! I cant even taste the flavour, i just get this horrible warm taste at the back of my throat.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Hard to be accurate here........
Put another 2-3 drops in there and wait a bit. Usually what you describe is the feeling when it is time to DD again. For me at least

EDIT: Also, put some more drops in. Puff but don't inhale a few times. Put another 2-3 drops and for lack of a better term, let the juice "settle" in the atty. If you blow this out from your nose you should also be able to discern the taste. This way you will have a better idea as to when taste is normal.

If it persists.... try another atty???

Last edited:

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
Keep using it and see if it breaks in. If not contact the vendor and see if they can replace it. Are both of your attys like that or just the one?
Could also try cleaning it in some pga or vodka
sent from tapatalk with a t- bolt

+1 to this... its either not broke in or its just plain bad if my suggestion didn't work on it.

ETA: I tend to lean towards the latter because that usually works even on new attys maybe not to put them in top form but dcent at least. Still I would give it time just to be sure.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Sucks to have a bad "new PV" experience... you want it to work so bad, it's new, you just spent money on it, just got it... and Grrr.

What atty are you using (and the ohms)? Is it the one that came with the kit? (link?) What were you using before the eGo?

Some vendors are shipping LR atties with the kits now.

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
Sucks to have a bad "new PV" experience... you want it to work so bad, it's new, you just spent money on it, just got it... and Grrr.

What atty are you using (and the ohms)? Is it the one that came with the kit? (link?) What were you using before the eGo?

Some vendors are shipping LR atties with the kits now.

I know, I think I had the same thing with my first PV too. It took a day or two to break in and now its perfect. The PV I was using before and still have is a standard Joye 510. I bought Ego mainly for a better battery life. Im using the same attys that came in the box with the kit. But now im trying the new atty on my old PV and its a bit better but still not the way I want it to be. Could it be the powerful EGO battery making the vapour so hot and awful tasting?

LibertyValance

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Tampa, FL
When I got my ego I just used the 510 attys I previously had. One thing I noticed right away was the cone greatly restricts the airflow and messes up the taste for me on my ego. For now just loosening the cone a couple turns works ok. I'd love to find a precision machinist who could sell me a couple cones with 4 holes perfectly drilled in it where they should be.

What happens when you try the old 510 atty on your new ego without the cone? That would be the acid test.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Im using the same attys that came in the box with the kit. But now im trying the new atty on my old PV and its a bit better but still not the way I want it to be. Could it be the powerful EGO battery making the vapour so hot and awful tasting?

Hard to tell from a forum.. .but that's what I was wondering and why I asked. Could be. The eGo outputs a bit more amps so, with LR atties in particular, you will notice a difference. However, most people love LR atties on eGo units. Check for wicking issues, clean atty, try dripping temporarily while keeping the coil wet. The cone thing is a good point above too. If you have a multimeter, checking the atty ohms would give you some numbers to go on.

Also, maybe you're a 2.0 or 2.5 or even 3.0 ohm person, and have a 1.5 ohm atty.

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
I started this thread because I'm a newb! :D I'm finally getting the hang of direct dripping. I think what happened was, there was not enough juice in the atty, which caused the burnt taste. I never thought about it as I felt I drip quite often, but it turns out I'm not. Now everytime I get a burnt taste, I just add a few more drops and I'm ok for a while :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread