Just got my Eroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I just got my Eroll in the mail and have been playing around with it. I made sure to fully charge the battery right away but I am having two major problems right now.

1 - The flavor is very muted

2 - I am getting almost no throat hit at all

The flavor isn't the biggest issue, but the fact that I am getting almost no throat hit at all really sucks. I am using a brand new atomizer and have taken about 10 hits so far. Does the atomizer need to break in or something? Everyone on this forum raves about this thing and yet I am feeling seriously let down. I even tried an 18mg/ml juice (I usually use 12mg/ml) and it has barely made a difference.

If anyone has had this problem and found a way around it I would be very happy to hear about it.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Without knowing what juice you're vaping, I don't know. IE: if its 100% VG, there won't be much TH no matter what setup you use. High PG coupled with high nic will give the greatest TH. In the Eroll, I usually vape 24mg or even 36mg, depending on how I'm going to vape, in high or 100% PG. For me, there's TH that equals the full flavored menthols I used to smoke... maybe even more than that. Maybe someone who vapes higher VG will come along with an answer.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
Without knowing what juice you're vaping, I don't know. IE: if its 100% VG, there won't be much TH no matter what setup you use. High PG coupled with high nic will give the greatest TH. In the Eroll, I usually vape 24mg or even 36mg, depending on how I'm going to vape, in high or 100% PG. For me, there's TH that equals the full flavored menthols I used to smoke... maybe even more than that. Maybe someone who vapes higher VG will come along with an answer.

I don't vape high VG. I vape 80PG/20VG juices and the highest I have tried is 1.8% nic in the Eroll and I am getting no throat hit. I threw the same juice in my mini protank 3 and get a really strong throat hit. I mean, I wasn't expecting the same throat hit I get on my tank/MVP2 but damn, no throat hit at all? I wasn't expecting to go up to 2.4% or 3.6% nic just to get a throat hit.

I don't understand why this is happening because the vapor production is pretty decent but there is very limited flavor and no throat hit. I feel extremely let down...

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I'm sorry you're "let down." Personally, I can't relate. I love my Eroll. Yes, compared to just about any clearo taste is muted but the type of juice used solves that problem. But the TH for me is, in fact, harder on the Eroll than some clearos I've used. I have to wonder what's going on with your setup. Are both the batts in your kit giving you less TH? Is it a kit even? Do you have more than on batt to compare? What resistance are your atties? What vendor did you buy from? Just trying to help out as the experience you're having sure isn't mine.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I'm sorry you're "let down." Personally, I can't relate. I love my Eroll. Yes, compared to just about any clearo taste is muted but the type of juice used solves that problem. But the TH for me is, in fact, harder on the Eroll than some clearos I've used. I have to wonder what's going on with your setup. Are both the batts in your kit giving you less TH? Is it a kit even? Do you have more than on batt to compare? What resistance are your atties? What vendor did you buy from? Just trying to help out as the experience you're having sure isn't mine.

Well I purposefully purchased a juice with more TH and flavor because I figured that would help, but it didn't. I honestly thought that the flavor would be similar to my RDA considering there is barely any wick in the atty on these things.

Yes, I purchased a full kit from LiteCig. Both batteries work the same. However, I did notice that my batteries only have one air hole. I thought that these batts had 2 air holes. Do yours only have one air hole (not including the air hole at the end of the battery where it lights up, I am talking about the ones towards the threading that are easy to cover)? Not sure of the resistance on the attys, they are the standard ones that come with the kit (I would imagine 2-2.5 ohm).

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
What voltage are you running that liquid at on the MVP? The eRoll is going to be fixed at 3.7 volts. If the voltage you need to get a good experience on the MVP is way out of that range... could just be that liquid is not going to work well at the voltage output of the eRoll.

That's the thing, I started running the same juice I use in my eroll on my MVP at 3.7V to see if I just didn't like the power output but that is not the case. I am using a 2ohm coil on my MVP (Kanger Aerotank) and I think the ones in the eroll are a similar resistance so the wattage to the attys must be similar, if not the same.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
Also, the draw is so tight on the eroll. If I take a really slow drag (which is how I used to blow clouds with any other cig-a-like) I sometimes notice that the battery isn't even being activated. So I am forced to take hard drags which results in less vapor production because the attys don't have time to really vaporize the liquid before it's pulled into my mouth.

Overall I think the design on the eroll is great. It definitely has a high quality feel, but the performance is seriously lacking. Maybe I just had my hopes to high. If I can't find a solution and get this working to my expectations at least this would have made me realize that no cig-a-like is going to satisfy me.

I might just give the Halo G6 another try. I had one a while back but I can't remember how it preformed. I remember liking it but I sold it after I purchased my Halo Triton (my first tank system/ego batteries).

Maybe the extra powder output from the LR attys could help. But I feel that the vape on these erolls are so hot already that if I get the LR attys I will just have a lot less flavor.

By the time I am finished taking a drag off the eroll the vape is so hot that it kind of puts a strange taste on my tongue. I am not really getting any burning taste, it's just so hot that it feels weird. I think a straight up tobacco juice would taste good in this thing since it give that really hot vape that tobacco juices usually require to be even more like an analog (which isn't what I am going for here, but might be the only satisfaction I get from these batts).

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I'm really at a loss here is about all I can say. The vapor from my dozen+ batteries is not hot. The TH and drag are the most similar to a smoke I've found and that's exactly why I use it... not a weak TH nor a hard draw... and the vapor is definitely not hot... depending on my juice, I would put it feeling the same as a smoke... IE: menthol or Koolada would cool it down. The only time there's a too hard draw is if I've partially covered the air hole accidentally and just move my finger. BTW, there's only one air hole on the Eroll. Speaking of that, the only other thing I can think of is maybe you got some juice in the tank's air channels. If so, the way to get it off is by removing the mouth caps... plural, there's a small one inside... and blowing them out. All-in-all, the Eroll was designed to simulate a smoke... not a clearo vape... and it does just that for me.

Last edited:

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
Also, the draw is so tight on the eroll. If I take a really slow drag (which is how I used to blow clouds with any other cig-a-like) I sometimes notice that the battery isn't even being activated. So I am forced to take hard drags which results in less vapor production because the attys don't have time to really vaporize the liquid before it's pulled into my mouth.

Overall I think the design on the eroll is great. It definitely has a high quality feel, but the performance is seriously lacking. Maybe I just had my hopes to high. If I can't find a solution and get this working to my expectations at least this would have made me realize that no cig-a-like is going to satisfy me.

I might just give the Halo G6 another try. I had one a while back but I can't remember how it preformed. I remember liking it but I sold it after I purchased my Halo Triton (my first tank system/ego batteries).

Maybe the extra powder output from the LR attys could help. But I feel that the vape on these erolls are so hot already that if I get the LR attys I will just have a lot less flavor.

By the time I am finished taking a drag off the eroll the vape is so hot that it kind of puts a strange taste on my tongue. I am not really getting any burning taste, it's just so hot that it feels weird. I think a straight up tobacco juice would taste good in this thing since it give that really hot vape that tobacco juices usually require to be even more like an analog (which isn't what I am going for here, but might be the only satisfaction I get from these batts).

I've never gotten much throat hit from my eRoll. My only comparison is to a regular old Joye 510 and I think the eRoll produces a cooler and more flavorful vapor that than, but with less throat hit. The only other tanks I've ever tried are the 510 nanos and, while they had stronger flavor than the eRoll, they always started leaking and/or flooding by the 3rd refill. I gave up on them quickly.

I've had a few eRoll batteries that were a little finicky when they were new. Basically, whatever it is inside the battery that's supposed to activate it when you inhale was slow to engage. It's like it took stronger airflow to make the battery come on. Within a few days of use, it would then be fine, though. Maybe that's what's going on here? If so, you'll notice a distinct change in pressure when you inhale—like the air isn't moving through the battery and then something shifts and it does. Try taking a quick primer puff before a slow drag and see if that helps.

Another thing you can do is momentarily put your finger over the air hole. Be careful about doing that too much, though, because it'll pull more liquid into the atomizer. If it gets too saturated, it'll ooze out the bottom of the atomizer a little and onto the battery contacts.

Oh, now that I think about it, maybe you've been partially covering the air hole without realizing it. That would cause a tighter draw. But if that's not the case, one way to ease the draw a little bit is to remove the inner disc in the air chamber of the tank. Use a paperclip or something similar to pop the mouth piece off and then pry out the little disc below it. I remove that piece from all of mine.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I've never gotten much throat hit from my eRoll. My only comparison is to a regular old Joye 510 and I think the eRoll produces a cooler and more flavorful vapor that than, but with less throat hit. The only other tanks I've ever tried are the 510 nanos and, while they had stronger flavor than the eRoll, they always started leaking and/or flooding by the 3rd refill. I gave up on them quickly.

I've had a few eRoll batteries that were a little finicky when they were new. Basically, whatever it is inside the battery that's supposed to activate it when you inhale was slow to engage. It's like it took stronger airflow to make the battery come on. Within a few days of use, it would then be fine, though. Maybe that's what's going on here? If so, you'll notice a distinct change in pressure when you inhale—like the air isn't moving through the battery and then something shifts and it does. Try taking a quick primer puff before a slow drag and see if that helps.

Another thing you can do is momentarily put your finger over the air hole. Be careful about doing that too much, though, because it'll pull more liquid into the atomizer. If it gets too saturated, it'll ooze out the bottom of the atomizer a little and onto the battery contacts.

Oh, now that I think about it, maybe you've been partially covering the air hole without realizing it. That would cause a tighter draw. But if that's not the case, one way to ease the draw a little bit is to remove the inner disc in the air chamber of the tank. Use a paperclip or something similar to pop the mouth piece off and then pry out the little disc below it. I remove that piece from all of mine.

I am definitely not covering the air hole, I make sure of that. If I cover the airflow at all I can't take a drag without removing my finger from the air hole.

I do have that problem where a have to take a pretty hard drag to even activate the thing. I guess I am just so used to my aerotanks adjustable airflow that the airflow on the eroll just feels really tight.

I guess my eroll will get thrown in the pile with all of my other cig-a-likes that are collecting dust. I was really hoping that wasn't going to happen but oh well, we learn from our mistakes I guess....

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
Telsie: Thanks for posting this. I've heard of removing the disk from the air chamber.
I just tried it on mine and it does make a big difference.
I haven't noticed any leaking or anything from removing it - just an improvement in the draw.

Yeah, I think it improves the draw quite a bit. I assume that little disk is in there to prevent condensation from getting up to the mouth piece, but I've had them removed from all my tanks for months and never had any condensation come out through the mouth piece.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I am definitely not covering the air hole, I make sure of that. If I cover the airflow at all I can't take a drag without removing my finger from the air hole.

I do have that problem where a have to take a pretty hard drag to even activate the thing. I guess I am just so used to my aerotanks adjustable airflow that the airflow on the eroll just feels really tight.

I guess my eroll will get thrown in the pile with all of my other cig-a-likes that are collecting dust. I was really hoping that wasn't going to happen but oh well, we learn from our mistakes I guess....

My only other suggestion is to try a different atomizer. Maybe you've simply got a dud that's not working as it should. If that doesn't help either, I guess the eRoll just isn't your thing.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I am soooo puzzled by the "hard draw" thing. I'm sitting here with 12 Eroll batts, one EVOD, one T3s, one ARO, one iSmoka and one Joye CC.... all BCCs of course and either 2.2 ohm or 1.8 ohm atties. I'm switching around between all of them and the Eroll is definitely not a hard draw. I just don't get anyone experiencing that other than, perhaps, something being wrong with the individual product (some defect) or the user's draw method. I imagine, just speculating, the round Eroll tip might "feel" harder if usually using a flat or whistle tip but that's all I can think of.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
My only other suggestion is to try a different atomizer. Maybe you've simply got a dud that's not working as it should. If that doesn't help either, I guess the eRoll just isn't your thing.

I don't have a dud. I have 7 atomizers and they all work the same. They are outputting the amount of vapor I expected but with no flavor or throat hit which make the whole experience unenjoyable.

Thanks for the tips though, I really appreciate it. I guess the eroll isn't my thing, like you said....

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I am soooo puzzled by the "hard draw" thing. I'm sitting here with 12 Eroll batts, one EVOD, one T3s, one ARO, one iSmoka and one Joye CC.... all BCCs of course and either 2.2 ohm or 1.8 ohm atties. I'm switching around between all of them and the Eroll is definitely not a hard draw. I just don't get anyone experiencing that other than, perhaps, something being wrong with the individual product (some defect) or the user's draw method. I imagine, just speculating, the round Eroll tip might "feel" harder if usually using a flat or whistle tip but that's all I can think of.

Do you use any high-end tanks and mods? I ask because maybe you are just not comparing the draw to the same stuff I am using. I used T3S's as well as ego batteries in the past and they are nothing compared to the higher-end stuff I am using now. Maybe you are just used to using devices that I never particularly liked and are comparing it to them, which is why you are having trouble seeing why the eroll just isn't satisfying to me.

If you have used or currently use higher-end gear then I guess you just are more open to a under-performing device and it somehow satisfies you, which is great! Unfortunately I am picky and I need a device that exceeds my expectations for me to use it. I wish I was more open to a device such as the eroll but I just can't use something with little flavor or vapor output.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
Much as I hated the e-Roll, a 'hard' draw was never the problem. lol..give it away, Cave! That's what I did.

I would say it is less about the draw being 'tight' as it is about just a poorly designed battery. There is just activation problems when taking a draw. You have to suck on that thing hard as hell just to get it to activate and then you can lighten up your drag at that point but it is still too eager to deactivate itself. Like I will activate it and then if I don't keep constantly pulling it will instantly deactivate with no delay and the way I pull on my devices just doesn't work well with this eroll.

That is my plan, I will be giving it to someone who needs an introduction to vaping. I could see the eroll being extremely satisfying to someone who smokes light cigarettes or they just don't smoke a lot. I on the other hand, require a solid throat hit and a lot of nicotine satisfaction. I still think the eroll has it's place though, it is decent compared to some of the cig-a-likes I have tried. I think I liked the Halo G6 more, but then again, I did use it back before I got into serious vaping gear so I may have been just a satisfied with the eroll if I had gotten it back in the day.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I would say it is less about the draw being 'tight' as it is about just a poorly designed battery. There is just activation problems when taking a draw. You have to suck on that thing hard as hell just to get it to activate and then you can lighten up your drag at that point but it is still too eager to deactivate itself. Like I will activate it and then if I don't keep constantly pulling it will instantly deactivate with no delay and the way I pull on my devices just doesn't work well with this eroll.

That is my plan, I will be giving it to someone who needs an introduction to vaping.

JMHO but I would be sure to tell them that other forms of vaping are better. Not because of the Eroll but because those batteries are most likely defective. I'm pretty sure of that reading about the activation problems you're having. Edit: I've never had the problem you're having with one of my batteries nor have I ever gotten juice in one but I suppose, if juice did get into the activation switch, that could be the problem

Edit: The prospect of a new vaper being turned off by a bad introduction to vaping made me play around with my batteries trying to figure out what might be wrong. Lo and behold, I drew really, really, hard on the Eroll and got barely any vapor or throat hit and the auto switch did turn off. I tried it again on another one several times just to make sure... it happened again repeatedly. So, the answer is, if you draw too hard on it the problem you describe happens. When I draw on it like I normally would, which is very lightly by comparison, it works fine.... lots of vapor and, therefore, plenty of throat hit. So, in my opinion, its the too hard of draw that creates the problem and explains why I just couldn't get that anyone thought the draw was hard or tight. Its not designed to be and when used what I call "normally" it isn't.

Don't misunderstand. If its not for you, its just not and I don't care wishing you luck with whatever you do like. But it was a challenging mystery to me.... something I just never heard from anyone else even among those who don't like it for other reasons. For me, the "problem" is solved and I'm now satisfied. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread