just got my vamo today QUESTIONS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneDeRanger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I got the stainless steel version from smoktek website, has the gasket inside on top and the newer gold spring, so version two.

but damn this thing is light, and thin stainless steel... I feel like I am going to break the threads, I back thread until i feel the click for the start of the threading and then thread and get a perfect thread every time... but my other a VV LamboV4 is chromed brass heavy and not as flimsy feeling...

But gosh.. I set this baby to watts and rms.... better vape than my lambo hands down...

I have this in the 18350 configuration at the moment... but was damned strong with 2x18350.... nice cloud of vapor

I have a protank on the way should be here monday, and finally got 15-10mL bottles and 9-30mL bottles to fill with liquid to test my 28 flavors on hand (Thanks wizard labs).

Questions:

What is a good setting for a protank in w? Is it dependant on the liquid? I use a 60/40 pg/vg mix

anyone having issues with the stainless steel version?

What is the largest/highest capacity battery you can use/fit in a vamo?

What is with the "No" protected cells in the vamo?

VapRLady

ECF Veteran
I am vaping at 6 wattage with a 30PG/70VG mix, When you get your Protank check to make sure the atomizer is screwed in tight, (it can loosen when you open the tank sometimes), I put a drop of eliquid on each wick to prime it up then fill the little well at the base of the atty before screwing the base into the tank. I then fill and dry vape several times to prime some more.

Carefully screw the Protank into the vamo but DO NOT TIGHTEN IT DOWN, tighten just until you feel slight resistance and try to read the resistance on the Vamo, if it shows 2.? you are set up, if it reads 9.9 you have to tighten it a bit more. To keep from overtightening I cut a gasket from the plastic shrink wrap case my protank came in, (I didn't get the box model this time, I have 6 already), I cut the gasket the sized of the base and punched the center with a paper punch, slightly enlarging the hole with a round file so it was big enough to screw down the 510 stem and sit flush against the base.

This not only keeps you from overtightening but also restricts the airflow so you get a tighter draw and incredible FLAVOR!

You can use any plastic that is thinner than a credit card but should be stiff enough to twist without warping when you screw it on. If the Protank doesn't fire, your gasket is too thick, make a thinner one, do not overtighten to try and get it to fit.

Start at 5 wattage do a few vapes to get the Protank running and then take it off and let it set for a few hours to overnight. When you go to fire it up after letting it set, prepare for the Vape of your life.

This is all I know , someone will be along to answer your other questions....I just run the batteries recommended and leave it at that, I get my best vape with the two 18350 and take my chances, it really cooks!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I got the stainless steel version from smoktek website, has the gasket inside on top and the newer gold spring, so version two.

but damn this thing is light, and thin stainless steel... I feel like I am going to break the threads, I back thread until i feel the click for the start of the threading and then thread and get a perfect thread every time...

When I got my Vamo my Only real complaint was the Threads on the End Cap and the Tube.

Seems that Most Chinese manufactures just don’t understand the concept of a Lead Thread. But a few passes with some 400 Sand Paper and a light coat of Nolox fixed them.

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
I have a 3400 panasonic unprotected coming and two more 2100mah 18350's for the vamo.

what is the deal with the protected in a vamo? is it that they are tripping the protection circuit and can not be reset or they are melting down in the vamo?

I have a Panasonic 18650 3400 unprotected as well. It's in right now and I've been using it since yesterday morning. It still reads 3.8 volts on the Vamo. It last quite a while and I'm a fairly heavy vaper. I also have a Joyetech 18650 2200 which will last a whole day for me and a few eFest 18350 800's that work well for when I want a smaller, lighter travel setup. They get me 7-9 hours apiece on average.

edking66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Southwest Pa
I have a 3400 panasonic unprotected coming and two more 2100mah 18350's for the vamo.

what is the deal with the protected in a vamo? is it that they are tripping the protection circuit and can not be reset or they are melting down in the vamo?

Protected batteries won't damage your Vamo, but the protection in the battery may kick in to soon and not work at the higher settings, causing the Vamo not to fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread