just my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlmarti

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Central New Jersey
but I think BLU gets a bad wrap.

The flavor is OK, the convenience is stellar, and being noob friendly means alot.

Yeah sure they are over priced, but hell at least they use a standard 510 connection, so they leave an easy upgrade path for their users.

I for one wish BLU a long and prosperous time, no one is doing more for the community than them.

BumbleBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
SouthEastern PA, USA
Eh, I think they are great for what they are. It's a starting point for most, a stepping stone. The name is out there, the availability is there, and it's a "first exposure" kind of thing. It's like motorcycles, most people who learn to ride don't do it on Goldwings or Hyabusas, they do it on Rebels and Sportsters. That doesn't make Rebels or Sporsters bad bikes, just not long term bikes. Once a person decides riding is for them, they look for an upgrade, more power, etc. Same with vaping.

That being said, I started with a Blu. Is it perfect? Nope. Not by a long shot. Now I have some Twists and Novas, Kangers, Stardusts and a couple Smoketech DCTs. But my Blu is on the dresser next to the bed. I still use it. I can get refills at Walgreens, I LOVE the cherry flavor, and it's an awesome little "stealth" device when I need one!

A lot of people need to start with a cig-a-like. I had to. I'm about to pass my Blu to a friend who wants to quit and use e-cigs. I've shown him all the stuff that's out there. He wants something the size and feel of a cig. It's not practical, but it's how it is. It's that first mental step for a lot of people. And unless they are online researching and hitting sites like this one, the odds are they are never going to see a Volt, but they are gonna see a Blu in a local store. Charger pack that looks like a pack of smokes, cig-a-like design, it's appealing. I've told my buddy don't buy one, I'll lend you my setup, show you where to buy blanks and refill, that way, when you are ready to upgrade, you didn't lose any money!

I'm sure there are people who will stick with them and never upgrade, but I think, for most, it's a starting point. And I am ok with anything that gets people off cigarettes and into vaping ... And if they totally hate the cherry, they can send those carts my way!!! LOL

Last edited:

TCasualties

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Schaumburg, IL
I started with Blu, and it got me off of cigg's. So even though they're not the greatest, probably one of the worst imo (I was taking triple hits for a TH and swapping batteries/getting cut off and locked out 12 times a day) they did their job and it brought me here. It's a gateway vaporizer, a good introduction. But damn... 80 bucks, that's a silver bullet!!!!!!!

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Blu isn't the worst thing that ever happened. They are somewhat pricey, short battery life, and even though they supposedly use a well regarded ejuice vendor, the juice is just to sweet for me. I believe Blu uses straight VG from Johnson Creek. The vapor production and nicotine levels are just to low for my taste, highest nic level is 18, I use 24. I will say that the PCC does tend to add a lot to the Blu, about the same size and shape of a pack of cigs. Charge one battery, while holding a spare battery and five cartos.

I have no brick and mortar vape stores in my area, and a 5 pack of Blu Cartos runs in the $10 range, can be use for emergency backup. Just for giggles I put a Blu carto on my VAMO, it reads 2.8 ohms, hits much better on 7.5 watts. They also fit on an Ego and seem to have more vapor. I also put a Boge 510 LR,( 2 ohm), carto on the Blu, and it works much better than the Blu cartos.

My take on this, if you have the Blu batteries and like the small form factor, use 2 ohm Boge cartos, cheaper and more vapor, and I am sure it will void any warranty Blu has, so be aware of that. Also cartos like the Boge 510 are about the same size as the Blu cartos, so you can maintain that cig look and feel. Happy New Year to all, final take Blu 4.5 of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread