• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Just ordered a Vivi Mini Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Vivi Mini Nova

Been wondering about tank systems for a while, but saw a nice review from pbusardo, so figured I'd give it a shot. Very easy to rebuild, so I got some wick and coil wire too. With a bit of experimentation, I should be able to get 2 ohm coils going pretty consistently.

One thing bugs me, it relies on physical separation from the body for electrical insulation, but apparently that isn't a big issue. I might look into some sort of sleeve for the + lead.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
yeah they arent too hard to rebuild! its all in the head! haha. Pretty neat construction if you ask me. You can buy the heads themselves so, of course the wire would be contained in those heads. Its a genius design. I mean, they do sometimes have wick issues, and the flavor can be muted due to the complexities of juice... Some of the heavier molecules of the juice can have a harder time traveling up the wicks to the top fed coil, yknow? But, for the most part, its probably one of the cheapest and easiest ways to vape without having to spend another 10 bucks every few weeks for new heads. Rather, you can rebuild it pretty easily. And, since the coil relies solely on the head's construction... Its one of the best vapepocalypse tank systems you can get. The more heads you have, the better off you are should you run out of money in the future, or if it suddenly becomes difficult to buy vape gear where you are located. Each vivi nova head is like a self contained atomizer, yknow? The only weak spot is the gaskets. They can break or crack/crush pretty easily. (or so i've heard... Ive never broken one. But, if your a big rough guy like john goodman, I can only imagine youll end up losing a gasket. ;)

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Its one of the best vapepocalypse tank systems you can get. The more heads you have, the better off you are should you run out of money in the future, or if it suddenly becomes difficult to buy vape gear where you are located. ... But, if your a big rough guy like john goodman, I can only imagine you'll end up losing a gasket. ;)

If the vapepocalypse comes, I'll be more worried about getting nic for DIY than anything else. And then I'll blow a gasket, rather than losing one. :evil:

For replacement head gaskets, I'd check in with Gotvapes. In a pinch, I'd guess you could carve one out of a rubber stopper.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
The Vivi Nova is not a bad tank system especially if you are coming over from cartos.

I've never been a fan of cartos. Always have some sort of trouble with them. I'm a dripper, using Joye 510s. I should remember to bring my Jumbo cartos to the meetup, and give them away (if I can even find them). I almost never use my Ego batts these days. I'm not going to stop dripping either. The main appeal for me of a tank system is to vape while driving, and being able to see that I'm not low on juice before I head out.

FWIW, I use a Mako Midi, V2 -- slightly less snazzy.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Well, initially disappointed. Okay, it isn't Vision's fault that it doesn't work with the Mako. I'll have to look into making an adapter, I guess, or get the Mako/Don v3 end cap. The v3 and cap is designed to allow the use of eGo XL cartos (or are they called Jumbos? I don't remember). That carto is 14mm, and the Vivi is 15mm. If the v3 end cap isn't designed too tight, it might work. Or, I have a friend who's a machinist.

Vape production on an eGo is so-so. This using a nominal 1.8 ohm head, which measures 2.3, so I still should've gotten more vape than I did.

I note that using this on the eGo will cause the button to blink, which, absent a low battery, is usually an indication of excessive current draw or just keeping it on too long. But I wasn't keeping it on very long, so maybe the head is closer to 1.8 -- having some difficulty getting a steady reading with my meter. But if that's the case, then I should be getting a pretty strong hit.

ETA: Tried a different eGo batt; works better.

Last edited:

~Shado~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
^-^-^5280^-^-^
Yea Whistle....Vivi's are good lil units.....they are my normal out and about set up on Twists.....I use them while at work and running around town. They work great when you rebuild them, because you can set them up to actually wick decently.
And if you drill out the lil witches hat from the center post, it will improve the draw....I cant stand a tight draw.

I run the mini's on Twist and the full size on all my Pro Vari's. My iHy LE's and other higher end gear stay at home for safe keeping.

Been playing around with the new igo-l's for dripping.....not bad actually.....hold a fair amount of juice...I can set the stage for ohms...Im pretty happy so far.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Been vaping this unit almost exclusively since I got it. Took a while to break in -- a bit moreso than a 510 atty. Funny, but 3 years ago, I didn't notice any break-in period on atties. Whatever. But with a little mod to my Mako top cap, I have a good connection on the + post, and it vapes very nicely. Gotta play with winding my own coil here soon -- looking forward to lower res with some Kanthal.

Just need to get a kewl stubby tip for it. Trying to remember who it was brought the glass tips to the last meetup. And / or maybe I'll splurge on a stubby T-tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread