Just ordered a Volt (first e-cigg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4am

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Colorado
Just ordered a Volt Pro Kit last night from Smokelessimage.com - hoping very much that they ship it out soon and that it comes fast! I chose priority mail.

I did a lot of research and this is the one I liked the best. I almost chain-smoke marlboros right now. After 4-5 cold turkey attempts, I am now looking at harm reduction. I'm sure I'll be around here a lot since I have no idea what I'm doing! :p

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Good choice. KR808D-1 is the strongest slim ecig. if you did not get manuals I recommend I manual battery as a spare. Did you get eliquid for keeping the cartomizer damp? You should be able to get 4-7 days use out of one cartomizer, maybe 7+ once you get good at keeping them damp and choosing suitable juices. if you got auto batteries just make very sure the carto isn't going to leak before putting it back on the battery.

With autos you may need a primer drag then your real drag. Drag slow then inhale. With manuals you can press the button in a bit before you start your drag so vapor is ready. If you find you want to take longer drags than it allows, then for your spare get a Vapor4Life manual standard size battery (they have a custom longer cutoff, though a bit less charge than Volt for each size and not as totally sealed threaded end (Vapor4Life still has a hole in the threaded end of manuals but it looks sealed inside).

I now have over 7 days on this Bloog carto (same as Volt carto) but it is ready to be retired. Some people clean and dry cartos for some additional use and some have success. I don't. I do recommend you never put an untested juice in a cartomizer. On a manual Volt battery you can use a standard resistance (not LR) DSE901 atomizer and drip tip to test juices (you can get both at LiteCigUSA.net). Drip tips are not recommended on auto batteries but you could use 901 cartridges on the atomizer.

Last edited:

4am

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Colorado
Wow! Such a quick and helpful reply. Where should I buy Smoke Juice? I'm trying the vanilla cartomizers that come with the Volt. I am a cigg smoker, but why not enjoy a little more flavor? I'm thinking I won't like that 'tabacco' taste anymore so I went for the vanilla. :)

But I don't think I"ll order my juice from smokelessimage.com because they seem a little slow on everything.

I have no idea about juice and how much to use or how much 30ml is in packs of cigarettes. I'd like to know! I'm a heavy smoker (about a pack and a half per day). Anyway, I'd appreciate any information or links to information for a newbie! Thank you!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Many vanillas I've tried from eliquid shops leave flavoring sediment behind, clogging the stuffing. So my favorite is Vapor4Life WOW Vanilla which is an odd vanilla, more like marshmallow and cotton candy but it's sweet and I like it. I also enjoy their WOWbacco which is a cocoa tobacco (hardly any tobacco flavor to me). At least sign up there so you get their sale emails. Their shipping is high (around $7) but if you catch the sales it makes up for it.

Also - Gourmet Vapor has a 50% sale until the 14th and I like their vanillarum (a customer creation) - it's vanilla w/ caramel and rum and it's really interesting. I would buy 80PG/20VG since I only use thinner juices in cartomizers. They don't have sales often so now is the time to try some juices from there. But if you create any of your own flavors, I recommend you mark them private and then if one comes out good, go back and mark it public if you want. I do that so others won't be buying my mistakes.

Another nice flavor that leaves no sediment is FreedomSMokeUSA Pomegranate. All of the FreedomSMokeUSA FlavorRange juices are available in any PG/VG (and I would get 80PG/20VG or even 90PG/10VG for cartos, but you could try 70PG/30VG too since Volt cartos have looser stuffing than the ones I usually use and they may be able to handle thicker liquids). oRYental 4 is nice too - it's in the tobaccos but it's more like a sweet caramel w/ a kick. FreedomSMokeUSA Specialties and Samples are only available in 50/50 and that's thicker than I use in cartos. I drip a few 50/50 juices on an atomizer (like Hopscotch and Voodoo). Some day I might thin one with a bit of distilled water and try it in a Volt carto.

Just FYI - PG is thin and lets through the most flavor, nicotine hit and nicotine irritation. VG is thick and dulls everything PG lets through but adds thicker vapor.

Some other interesting shops are Vaporbomb, Velvet Vapors, Juicy Vapors, Purevapes and for DIY juices see the kits and supplies at OneStopDIYShop and DIYFlavorShack.

Last edited:

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
I don't think you will be disappointed with the Volt nor with SmokeLessImage. I have been vaping a long time, but when my sister recently wanted to start vaping, that is what I suggested for her and she is very happy. I am sorry that I cannot advise on juices as I mix my own, but as you have seen, there are other posters with vast knowledge.

As mentioned earlier, manual batteries are the best choice and don't take that long to get used to. My sister is very tech challenged and she loves her manual batteries. We ordered RY4 for her and she loved it, but now she is doing her own testing of other flavors.

I hope your new darling device arrives soon and that you enjoy your device as much as we all do.

This is a grand adventure you have begun and there are many delights on the road ahead !

Great choice, Volt was my first "legit" ecig.

The flavors from Volt aren't bad at all, the tobacco flavors aren't a nasty, fake taste.

I'd suggest DIY Flavor shack. I wish I knew about them when I first started. Awesome flavors, they actually taste how they're described. They mostly sell liquid mixing supplies, but they have "vape ready" juices too. They are also a thin juice, so it will match up with you Volt cartomizers nicely.

As far as the manual batteries go, I hated the one I had. It seemed like it wasn't putting out as much power as the automatic ones. My friend bought a manual battery too and said the same thing.

VetSGT

Destroyer of Mods
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
kansas
Well I have ordered from them, and most of my packages have arrived within four days....The average for me is three, but ymmv :) Overall I rate them very good, but I not bought any of the juices. My better half just got her package from them today. So I gave some leway on the extra day, yesterday being holiday and all.

Good luck with your vaping SI has treated me real good so far loving it. And I would say give the tabacco falvors a try, RY4 is pretty good but you will figure out with time and tasting :)

Last edited:

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
Wow! Such a quick and helpful reply. Where should I buy Smoke Juice? I'm trying the vanilla cartomizers that come with the Volt. I am a cigg smoker, but why not enjoy a little more flavor? I'm thinking I won't like that 'tabacco' taste anymore so I went for the vanilla. :)

But I don't think I"ll order my juice from smokelessimage.com because they seem a little slow on everything.

I have no idea about juice and how much to use or how much 30ml is in packs of cigarettes. I'd like to know! I'm a heavy smoker (about a pack and a half per day). Anyway, I'd appreciate any information or links to information for a newbie! Thank you!

. Just curious! :)

So I have to ask when did you place your order, was it today? How can you say they seem slow on everything if this is your first order & you would have no idea if you haven't ordered before? My orders normally take 2-3 days total with standard shipping. The postal service picks there orders up at 5pm. Just curious on why you say them are slow?

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
They just had a sale and a holiday so it might be a day behind processing. You will need to get some juice and soon. Those prefilled cartos that come with last 3 days tops each and need to be refilled quickly. You'll know because the vapor will become scant, it will be a harder draw and the taste will diminish. I bought Smokeless Image juice and have now moved on to DIY because it costs alot less.

4am

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Colorado
I ordered yesterday. I don't order online from anywhere but Amazon. So it feels slow to me. But I'm just impatient. I'm tired of these cigarettes! :) I also don't know where the smokelessimage ships from. I'm in Colorado, it's 4:20 and I just checked. Processing.

But anyway, just wondering what the average time is anyway, because I want to be able to receive things quickly. Looks like people are saying 2-5 days. That's perfectly fine. :0)

4am

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Colorado
Also, I had issues with getting them on the phone. Called 4 times throughout the day. When I got on chat, I got someone but the replies were slow and I felt that they weren't as friendly as I'm used to. Like I said, I always order from amazon. It's a huge company so it's understandable that I would get more responsive service. I'm sure I'll be buying all my replacement parts there! Already got my eye on the new 'sealed' batteries they have. Probably what a newbie like me needs.

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
Also, I had issues with getting them on the phone. Called 4 times throughout the day. When I got on chat, I got someone but the replies were slow and I felt that they weren't as friendly as I'm used to. Like I said, I always order from amazon. It's a huge company so it's understandable that I would get more responsive service. I'm sure I'll be buying all my replacement parts there! Already got my eye on the new 'sealed' batteries they have. Probably what a newbie like me needs.

You may just get a sealed battery in your order. You never know. Monday was a holiday & Imagine has been sick the past few days. You will not get better customer service than SI. I imagine they were swapped with orders from the sale.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The auto leak-resistant batteries are not sealed The hole is moved to the sides of the center post. Auto batteries cannot be sealed since they have a drag detection switch dependent on feeling your drag. I would not order one of those leak resistant autos until you see if you like autos at all. I ordered a leak-resistant one to try and so far I am unimpressed with the drag and hit compared to manuals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread