My first carto/higher end tank. Have an IBTanked coming my way

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyoung

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2014
Los Angeles
I am a complete noob to carto tanks, but I poured through the forums and finally decided to try an IBTanked. I have really only used clearomizers and other tanks like Nautilus, iClears etc.

Is there anything a first timer should know when first using this? I ordered a 19mm XL tube, with smok XL cartos, also ordered a "thingy" based reccomendations here.

I should have it by the end of the week and am stoked to try it!

AceCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Back on the Moon
I think you are going to really like carto tanks. The best purchase I could suggest is a "tank-refilling tool". It's a little tapered plastic piece that you stick in the carto before you push it down to refill it. It saves wear on the O-rings and it is very easy to use.

Also, if you find that the carto is not wicking enough, you can punch a few more holes in it with a "cartomizer punch". Let us know how it goes for you!

nikcox

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Villa Grove, Illinois
I've been vaping for about 3 months and like you, started out with clearomizers. I now have 6 carto tanks from IBTanked! The provide the best flavor IMO.

The most important thing is to make sure your cartomizer is primed!!! There are several ways to do this. I used to drip into it before I put into the tank, but now I "fiddle with my thingy." A tank filling tool is very helpful and IBTanked sells theirs for $2.50. If you have any questions once you get your tank, ask on here. There are a lot of people willing to help!

nikcox

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Villa Grove, Illinois
Darn, I did not order the tool! I didn't know what it was, but I guess I should have popped on it for $2.50. Is there a way to help fill it without the tool for now? I planned on ordering a smaller tank if I like this one, so I will order then, but don't want to mess anything up in the meantime. Thanks!
You can just pull the carto down a bit and use a needle cap to fill the tank. Just be careful when pushing it back up because you can damage your O-rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread