Just ordered my Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

learman96

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
Wayne, PA
Hi Provari users, I've been analog free now for a little over 1 year now, can't tell how valuable this forum has been to me. Luckily because of this forum I knew enough to stay away from the hyped/overpriced stick e-cig company's out there. My whole vaping adventure has been pretty much with the Ego family. I'm currently using the new Ego-T C model and really liking it but I really feel i need to step it up a notch,( mayb a few notches with the provari!) I want longer batt life and the ability to experiment with diff voltages on diff juices. After reading reviews for the past few weeks on vvpv's, I pulled the trigger on a chrome provari, very expensive for a 1st PV but I wanted no compromises and dont mind spending the $$ for it.

Now I need to narrow it down to the ultimate set up for my provari and the choices out there are dizzing to say the least! Which carto/tank/tip to use? Two tanks i'm considering are the liquinator with a 3.0 boge and M1A from notcigs. Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated! my plan is to use the provari at home and in hotels since I travel quite a bit, I will continue to use the Ego-t when vaping in public places which I love to do ( love to see the looks on people's faces at the hotel bars! :vapor: )
Thanks to all posters for all your help!

Dying2Live

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
New Jersey

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Ive heard good reviews on the buzz tank from notcigs. I just ordered a provari this morning. Ive been using the chibi tank from parksvaping, and while Ive had good luck with it, I want a tank with a side fill port so I just ordered the mini sub tank from mom and pop vapor shop. It has good reviews and is half the price of the buzz tank.

learman96

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
Wayne, PA
Thanks for all the replies, I just got the "Its being shipped" email, can't wait to try this thing out! I need to hurry now and order a tank. I', leaning towards the tanks from Mom and pop or the Liquinator with boge 3.0, thinking I'll pick up a Dremel and cut these myself, seems pretty easy. Will a Boge 3.0 fit on the 5ml tanks from mom and pop?

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
Thanks for all the replies, I just got the "Its being shipped" email, can't wait to try this thing out! I need to hurry now and order a tank. I', leaning towards the tanks from Mom and pop or the Liquinator with boge 3.0, thinking I'll pick up a Dremel and cut these myself, seems pretty easy. Will a Boge 3.0 fit on the 5ml tanks from mom and pop?

I received my Mom and Pop 3ml today and no complaints....nice little tanks that I can fill and carry in my Joye Ego case along with my LT or Darwin....I really like these 3mils.....filling and refilling is a simple, quick and clean process.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
I started using my tank from Mom and Pop last night.. Even though I am using a mix of 75% PG, it didn't want to wick well. I ended up taking the carto (that came in it) out and putting on of mine in. Theirs had 3 holes, mine has 2. anyway, it works well.. no flooding.. but unless I take a whole bunch of dry sucks.. it will not wick by itself. It helps to unscrew the screw and take a draw and then put the screw back in. I keep having to do that and/or dry suck it. I just don't have good luck with the boge brand. I like the smoktech, they are packed looser and wick much better.

It's not the tank's fault.. I love the tank!

Did you get your Provari yet? Mine came today!!

Last edited:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I would like to hear this stuff too. Will be buying a provari in the next few weeks. I have been using gas station ecigs and this stuff is cheap but like everything else. You get what you put in. So its time for an upgrade. Like the OP I am overwhelmed at all the choices for the mods for the mod. I hate to sink a .... load of money in this thing with trial and error.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
I would like to hear this stuff too. Will be buying a provari in the next few weeks. I have been using gas station ecigs and this stuff is cheap but like everything else. You get what you put in. So its time for an upgrade. Like the OP I am overwhelmed at all the choices for the mods for the mod. I hate to sink a .... load of money in this thing with trial and error.

I'd have to say that the "trial and error" period for the Provari ended quite some time ago. Nothing is perfect and there have been a few posts I've read about repairs needed to a Provari but in most cases it was accidentally dropped by the user - "OE" Operator Error. The raves and reviews and especially the "A-1" customer service is what makes the purchase of a Provari a really wise decision.

You will NOT be disappointed!

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
Tanks are tanks. They all do essentially the same thing. The less maintenance they require, the better, imo. As long as they seal, that's most important. Bear in mind, some juices destroy the tank material. IMO, most important is finding a good carto that you like. The boges give much more flavor and vapor than the smoktechs do, you just have to cut down a larger tank or use a smaller one for them.

Another option (cheap and simple) is to make your own syringe tank mod. The syringe material doesn't crack the way the cheaper tanks do with certain juices. I ordered 20 syringes for $25 bucks shipped. That will give me enough to make 10 complete 5 ml tanks, and 10-20 more tubes in a 3 ml size. So, $25 for 10 solid tanks that will not crack or leak is totally worth the little extra effort to make them myself.

flint212

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2012
New York
I started using my tank from Mom and Pop last night.. Even though I am using a mix of 75% PG, it didn't want to wick well. I ended up taking the carto (that came in it) out and putting on of mine in. Theirs had 3 holes, mine has 2. anyway, it works well.. no flooding.. but unless I take a whole bunch of dry sucks.. it will not wick by itself. It helps to unscrew the screw and take a draw and then put the screw back in. I keep having to do that and/or dry suck it. I just don't have good luck with the boge brand. I like the smoktech, they are packed looser and wick much better.

It's not the tank's fault.. I love the tank!

Did you get your Provari yet? Mine came today!!

Hey donnah, i noticed through your thread that you had a chibi and switched to the mini sub. I've had soo many flooding issues with the chibi that i order a mini sub as well. I was wondering how you like them compared to the chibi? are they less flood prone? thx

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Hey donnah, i noticed through your thread that you had a chibi and switched to the mini sub. I've had soo many flooding issues with the chibi that i order a mini sub as well. I was wondering how you like them compared to the chibi? are they less flood prone? thx

they are just like the chibi.. same tubes and grommets. The mini sub has O-rings in the grooves of the grommets but I don't know if that makes a difference or not. The main reason I ordered a mini sub is that it has a hole in the tank and a screw that screws into the hole. That is SUPER nice for filling and refilling. I'm going to Lowes today to buy some screws and a drill bit to mod my tubes (I bought poly tubing from Amazon and cut them to length) to include a fill hole. I needed to actually see it before I modded my tubes.

Right now I have a boge 2.0 carto in my mini sub. The carto has 2 pretty wide holes punched in it. It does not wick well. Every so often I have to unscrew the screw and let some air into the tank. I unscrew it and take a "toot" and then screw it back in and everything is fine. If I were using a tank without the screw hole, I'd be.. um.. screwed because the carto would not be able to wick at all. So if you are buying instead of making your tanks.. I'd say yes, the mini sub is def better than the chibi because of the screw hole.

The problem I've had with the chibi is air pressure. Sometimes when filling, the displaced air has not been able to escape and that results in the juice being pressure forced through the carto and out the bottom. It's not easy (when I'm not here at my desk) to let the air out when there is no screw hole. Also, as I vape, if there is a tiny air leak from the grommets.. air is sucked into the tank little by little until the pressure builds up enough to cause the juice to be pressure forced out the carto.. the carto gurgles and floods and then dumps it's juice all over the place.

A few weeks ago I was using a homemade chibi.. it had been going nicely with the same carto in it for 2 weeks. Then it started to flood. I watched myself as I vaped it and noticed a tiny air bubble coming up from the bottom grommet and this is how I figured out I had an air leak. I inserted a needle down between the top grommet and the tube and let out any excess air and gently blew out the carto. It worked fine after that for a while but there was still that tiny air leak that was letting air into the carto as I vaped and after a while the pressure would build up again and I finally disassembled it and put it back together to fix the leak.

The mini sub I'm using now isn't my issue.. it's the boge carto that isn't wicking good. There is no air leak and as I vape, the air pressure inside the tank goes down until I open the hole and let some air in. It's all a matter of air pressure. When the carto starts to get a bit dry.. when I unscrew the screw, tiny air bubbles start going up in the tank, indicating that there is negative air pressure inside the tank. that tells me I need to let some air in.

I don't like fiddling.. but this is a lot easier than carrying around a juice filled syringe to keep topping off the carto. I haven't had any problems with smoktech cartos wicking, I like them better because the filling is packed looser and they wick well in a tank. BUT.. I use vv devices and want to use a carto that is around 3.0.. right now there doesn't seem to be any smoktech cartos available in stainless steel that is higher than the 1.7 "resurrector". I've found some 2.5 smoktechs at madvapes (and got some) but they have the black stickers and I HATE having to remove the stickers!

provari.jpg

flint212

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2012
New York
Thanks! I too have a provari and the chibi tank would eventually flood regardless of how many times I reassembled them. I was debating between the mini and the new vision stone. I ended up buying the mini as well. I also bought some boge 3.0 but now I'm worried they'll be dry after reading your experience. Hopefully, we find a happy medium somehow and I appreciate your response. If I come across any methods that really work when the tank gets here I'll definitely share it with you.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
One thing I figured out with the MadVapes tank is this: don't try to fill it by removing the top cap and dripping alongside the carto. This causes flooding every time, because a) you aren't covering the hole in the carto by sliding the carto down so that the hole is below the bottom seal and b) because when you put the cap back on, you compress the air in the tank and push juice into the carto, resulting in a fully-flooded carto every time.

My other issue is that I really don't think I like DC cartos, but that's a personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread