Just ordered the Tesla Mod........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Humble, Texas, United States
Okay, after much debate and reading & asking questions on ECF....as well as watching a TON of YouTube vids the wife and I decided it was time to upgrade from our eGo Twists.

In a local B&M shop, we got to see an eVic and a ZMAX (think it was the SmokTech version but similar to the Sigelei model). Lady at register had a Tesla which we also got to handle and take a few vapes off of using your tanks put on her mod. The search began......We both liked the good reviews and warranty of the Provari - but cost for our first mod didn't make sense. We were leaning towards the Sigelei ZMAX 3 (telescope), liked the ability to change size but after watching a video we thought the single button action seemed to be a PIA. Also looked at the iTaste but found some reviews stating it was a bit lacking in power....plus it is similar size to our eGo's and figured it would look a bit funny with larger tanks (just ordered two ProTanks).

Down to the Tesla...........couldn't find really anything bad on this at all except for the dislike of the display. Really didn't seem an issue for either the wife or I, guess we'll find out! It does look strange, s'ok as we don't really care what others think... LOL. It has an ohm readout, operates in VV and VW...so has the functionality we think we would want. The one YouTube vid we watched had a comment from the reviewer given a couple websites selling them with a discount code. Went online....picked up two Tesla Kits (mod, 2 batteries, charger, tank and 2 carto's per kit) for ~$80 each accounting for the 10% discount code supplied. Being the store is Tx based...we had to pay state tax, but that was acceptable. Also got free shipping. Called the local B&M shop and they told us they were getting Tesla's in and their kit was gonna be $120. So....bought online. Even if batteries and such are lower end, I'm still thinking we got a good deal as every other site for just the mod was over $80. Counting accs we got, gonna assume the mod itself is costing us $40-50. This kit at least lets us get started then get better quality accs since we don't have anything for this type of unit sitting around.

Check out the vendor; dragonflyecigs.

Hoping this works out for us and it wasn't a waste of $$$$ .....pretty excited for the upgrade. Keeping the eGo's as backup just in case.

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Humble, Texas, United States
the Tesla is the only mod that i can't get out of my brain. they look so cool, the black ones especially. hard to find a good price, though.

let us know how you like it.

As stated, I paid $80 after discount code for a kit....plus got free shipping. I did have to offset the discount savings with sales tax since they operate from Tx and I live in state. I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal...

Scotsman6783

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
illinois
I literaly just got my Tesla in the mail three hours ago. Popped a battery and a protank on and away i went. I love it. Looks slick, works well, and seems well built.
I like the lock feature that locks your settings ( i always change my setting on my vamo by accident)
Needed to adjust the top ring to shore up the gap between the bottom of my protank and device.
Good choice. Hope you all like it as well as I.

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
My Tesla is coming on Thursday and I am crazy excited. I've been using a Vamo V3 (worked great at first, at 3 months now and it's on life support) and the fact that the Tesla uses 18650 batts and has a 510 threading all I had to order was the device. Got it directly from IVape, great deal. Got the Jet Black for $69.95, no tax, free shipping. If anyone is looking for one, definitely check them out. So glad to hear nothing but great reviews for this device!

Arcticsteam

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
So Cal
Okay, after much debate and reading & asking questions on ECF....as well as watching a TON of YouTube vids the wife and I decided it was time to upgrade from our eGo Twists.

In a local B&M shop, we got to see an eVic and a ZMAX (think it was the SmokTech version but similar to the Sigelei model). Lady at register had a Tesla which we also got to handle and take a few vapes off of using your tanks put on her mod. The search began......We both liked the good reviews and warranty of the Provari - but cost for our first mod didn't make sense. We were leaning towards the Sigelei ZMAX 3 (telescope), liked the ability to change size but after watching a video we thought the single button action seemed to be a PIA. Also looked at the iTaste but found some reviews stating it was a bit lacking in power....plus it is similar size to our eGo's and figured it would look a bit funny with larger tanks (just ordered two ProTanks).

Down to the Tesla...........couldn't find really anything bad on this at all except for the dislike of the display. Really didn't seem an issue for either the wife or I, guess we'll find out! It does look strange, s'ok as we don't really care what others think... LOL. It has an ohm readout, operates in VV and VW...so has the functionality we think we would want. The one YouTube vid we watched had a comment from the reviewer given a couple websites selling them with a discount code. Went online....picked up two Tesla Kits (mod, 2 batteries, charger, tank and 2 carto's per kit) for ~$80 each accounting for the 10% discount code supplied. Being the store is Tx based...we had to pay state tax, but that was acceptable. Also got free shipping. Called the local B&M shop and they told us they were getting Tesla's in and their kit was gonna be $120. So....bought online. Even if batteries and such are lower end, I'm still thinking we got a good deal as every other site for just the mod was over $80. Counting accs we got, gonna assume the mod itself is costing us $40-50. This kit at least lets us get started then get better quality accs since we don't have anything for this type of unit sitting around.

Check out the vendor; dragonflyecigs.

Hoping this works out for us and it wasn't a waste of $$$$ .....pretty excited for the upgrade. Keeping the eGo's as backup just in case.

I love my tesla :) it's working great for me, and is solid build :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread