tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenichi

Oct 1, 2013
Kenwood, OH, USA
I got a tesla kit on ebay for 85 bucks, 1 tesla mod, 2 18650 batteries a charger and a protank clone.... so far love it....the springloaded centerpin is what drew me in as I had 2 ego style batteries ruined by a pressed center pin making no connection. Im still getting used to my vv/vw settings though, burnt some cartos in the process. For an electric mod I think its great. Cant wait to get the magneto v2 with the adjustable centerpin and a kick though and see how it works.
Anyone else try the tesla? Let me know what ya think!

Kenichi

Oct 1, 2013
Kenwood, OH, USA
The batteries are blue 18650 flat tops and all they say on them is ICR 18650 AAA 3.7v. Im not sure but I think the batteries are fine, the charger takes forever, assuming low amp. And it may not be a great charger, but I do not sleep with it on charge and I do not leave the house.... i plan on getting a better charger and more batteries when I get my magneto v2.... are there any good chargers that can adjust from an 18350 to an 18650, and of course all in between? Also the batteries and charger were not seperate but were in the brandnew skrinkwrapped presentations box.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The Nitecore V2 handles both 18350 and 18650 batteries well. The Efest LUC has a digital display and also handles multiple battery sizes.

Those are unprotected ICR batteries and should go into your backup box. Their battery chemistry is less safe than the IMR and hybrid batteries that should be used. Your mod has protection circuitry in it, which leads people to believe that unprotected ICR's are Ok to use in them. They might be fine, but if the protection circuitry in the mod ever goes south, you could have a nasty surprise.

AW IMR are the batteries you want.

Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor

The Panasonic CGR/CH shown on that page are also excellent batteries. I have two.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
IMG_0173.jpg

My Tesla.

Kenichi

Oct 1, 2013
Kenwood, OH, USA
The Nitecore V2 handles both 18350 and 18650 batteries well. The Efest LUC has a digital display and also handles multiple battery sizes.

Those are unprotected ICR batteries and should go into your backup box. Their battery chemistry is less safe than the IMR and hybrid batteries that should be used. Your mod has protection circuitry in it, which leads people to believe that unprotected ICR's are Ok to use in them. They might be fine, but if the protection circuitry in the mod ever goes south, you could have a nasty surprise.

AW IMR are the batteries you want.

Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor

The Panasonic CGR/CH shown on that page are also excellent batteries. I have two.

Yeah I pretty much figured that they were not the best batteries in the world, however I think I'm stuck with them for a little while. I might pick up at least one really good 18 650, as soon as I get the magneto I plan on getting only protected hi drain battery. But I appreciate the info and the link you posted so that if I need a good place to find batteries I can find one. Do you think that altsmoke might have the same batteries or some protected batteries in general on a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread