JUST REVIVED A DEAD ATOMIZER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trigger

May 4, 2008
Edinburgh, UK
While I was smoking my supercig the other day it stoppped working all of a sudden. I knew it was the atomizer because the l.e.d was still coming on when I was inhaling. Tried cleaning the atomizer... nothing. the contacts looked a bit dirty so I cleaned them too...still nothing, so I ordered a kissbox yentl and just continued to use my e-cigar. Just now I looked at my seemingly faithful super cig just lying there on my computer desk and i decided to try that scratch technique that our good doctor described in one of his posts. Just as I put a bit of pressure on the steel wool head with a nail the whole guts slid toward the battery inside its tube! So I thought what the hell, I'll try it one last time before I give it a scratch...Lo and behold, the bloody thing worked!! More vapour than what was being produced before!! Now I'm absolutely cheesin' :D Think its because I've dropped it a couple of times and its worked a bit loose, but hey is all sorted now!!

Phil

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
trigger said:
While I was smoking my supercig the other day it stoppped working all of a sudden. I knew it was the atomizer because the l.e.d was still coming on when I was inhaling. Tried cleaning the atomizer... nothing. the contacts looked a bit dirty so I cleaned them too...still nothing, so I ordered a kissbox yentl and just continued to use my e-cigar. Just now I looked at my seemingly faithful super cig just lying there on my computer desk and i decided to try that scratch technique that our good doctor described in one of his posts. Just as I put a bit of pressure on the steel wool head with a nail the whole guts slid toward the battery inside its tube! So I thought what the hell, I'll try it one last time before I give it a scratch...Lo and behold, the bloody thing worked!! More vapour than what was being produced before!! Now I'm absolutely cheesin' :D Think its because I've dropped it a couple of times and its worked a bit loose, but hey is all sorted now!!

Phil

Well Done bro....the scarring/scratch technique has help me a lot for my patients..most njoy out in the trial field is actually functioning on a scarred atomiser head....But unfortunately not all dead atomiser can be revive..some are just dead because of bad wiring or a shorted out wire running below the atomiser...can be repaired but takes a lot of work....

Once again..good job....and happy e-smoking... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread