Just say "NO" to "eGO"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dongenero

Jul 27, 2010
San Diego
The eGOs are pretty darn good e-cigs. But there is a very similar looking e-cig that any way you compare them, imho, is better. It's called the "XPower".

I purchased the 900 eGO at the same time I bought both the XPower900 and XPower 900c. The first thing I noticed was how much better quality the XPower looked and felt than the eGO. The eGO has a small plastic button embedded on a plain flat strip of metal. The XPower has a bigger 'metal' button embedded in a nice looking and nice feeling larger groved section. The eGO feels "slick" while the XPower feels "soft". The eGO's cartridge holds about 8 drops of e-liquid, while the XPower's cartridge holds 22 - 24 drops of fluid - making it volume wise, the same as a cartomizer but without all of the hassle to refill. The XPower is a bid longer and about 2 ml wider in diameter - making it feel more comfortable in the hand. The XPower for me, definitely produces more vapor than my eGO, using the same e-liquids in both.

Why haven't you heard about it yet? The eGO came from the folks who brought us the fine Joye/Janty 510 so it had a huge customer base waiting for an upgrade - larger battery with more mah. The XPower was specifically designed by one of the originators of the e-cig with the goal of kicking the eGO's ... - and it most certainly does.

So if you're done with the small "intro to e-cig vaping" starter e-cig and are looking to move up to a bigger battery and better unit, I strongly suggest that you look into the XPower 900 (or 650 if you prefer) when you are shopping for a new eGO. Having both the eGO and the XPower, imho, the XPower is superior to the eGO in every way.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I'm no fanboi of the eGo.. but you are posting incorrect information.

1. A stock 510 cartridge can hold about 18 drops of liquid. More for some liquid/filler combos.

2. 22 -24 drops is not a 1ml or 3/4ml volume of a cartomizer. It's quite a bit less.

3. The eGo switch is indented in a band of metal.

4. The eGo hasn't felt "slick" since the new coatings which came online sometime ago.

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
The eGOs are pretty darn good e-cigs. But there is a very similar looking e-cig that any way you compare them, imho, is better. It's called the "XPower".

I purchased the 900 eGO at the same time I bought both the XPower900 and XPower 900c. The first thing I noticed was how much better quality the XPower looked and felt than the eGO. The eGO has a small plastic button embedded on a plain flat strip of metal. The XPower has a bigger 'metal' button embedded in a nice looking and nice feeling larger groved section. The eGO feels "slick" while the XPower feels "soft". The eGO's cartridge holds about 8 drops of e-liquid, while the XPower's cartridge holds 22 - 24 drops of fluid - making it volume wise, the same as a cartomizer but without all of the hassle to refill. The XPower is a bid longer and about 2 ml wider in diameter - making it feel more comfortable in the hand. The XPower for me, definitely produces more vapor than my eGO, using the same e-liquids in both.

Why haven't you heard about it yet? The eGO came from the folks who brought us the fine Joye/Janty 510 so it had a huge customer base waiting for an upgrade - larger battery with more mah. The XPower was specifically designed by one of the originators of the e-cig with the goal of kicking the eGO's ... - and it most certainly does.

So if you're done with the small "intro to e-cig vaping" starter e-cig and are looking to move up to a bigger battery and better unit, I strongly suggest that you look into the XPower 900 (or 650 if you prefer) when you are shopping for a new eGO. Having both the eGO and the XPower, imho, the XPower is superior to the eGO in every way.

Thank you for letting us know about this PV. I think the deciding factor for those of us vaping internationally is the availability of goods. Speaking from a Euro perspective I personally love seeing the US built custom mods and PV improvements. Unfortunately its not cost effective for most of us to order these kits AND their replacement parts.

What do I think about the Ego? When I think of the Ego, I'm thinking of its battery, because for the most part I'm attaching 510 equipment. Do I like the button? No, it feels cheap and doesn't always fire. The 510 manual has a rubber button, that has a good quality feeling and doesn't misfire.

Bottom line, I would make the switch if I could find a cheaper / same cost way to improve on my existing Ego based setup. But vaping gets expensive, and so as one of the most popular PV's around, I find the Ego satisfactory to my needs.

dongenero

Jul 27, 2010
San Diego

1. A stock 510 cartridge can hold about 18 drops of liquid. More for some liquid/filler combos.

2. 22 -24 drops is not a 1ml or 3/4ml volume of a cartomizer. It's quite a bit less.

4. The eGo hasn't felt "slick" since the new coatings which came online sometime ago.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect? Oh really?

1. I have three "standard" 510 cartridges with two different tips from 3 companies and the most I can get is 8 drops into any of them - which is after cleaning and drying the wicking and the cart before adding drops. The new 510 MEGA cartridge, which claims to hold more than twice what the standard cart holds, claims to hold 1ml - 20 drops - so NO, a standard 510 cartridge does NOT hold 18 drops.

2.Upon Googling "how man drops of e liquid in a ml", I see that the overwhelming majority of folks and seller websites as well as several posts in this forum say that "20 drops equals 1 ml". Furthermore, bestecig.com, vaportalk.com, heaven-gifts.com, and a dozen other sellers say that the 510 cartomizer - NOT the cartridge - holds 1ml but it's recommended to only add 0.9. Based upon my experience and a plethora of Googled sources, 24 drops in the XPower cartridge is MORE than the majority of folks say that a standard 510 cartomizer will hold.

3. I specifically state that the plain flat eGO band where the 'plastic" button is located is made of metal, and while it may be indented 001 of an inch, it's still flat and does not have nearly the feel of the XPowers groove. The difference I pointed out was the size of the button - the XPower is larger, and that the XPower has a wider band with a nice grove in it that looks nicer and makes it easier to hold.

4. My eGO is less than a month old and it's shiny and it feels "slick" and slippery to me - especially when compared to the soft matt finish of the XPower.

Those interested can check out Paulc35's posts on the XPower in this area of the Forum where he notice all the same things I did.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Incorrect? Oh really?

1. I have three "standard" 510 cartridges with two different tips from 3 companies and the most I can get is 8 drops into any of them - which is after cleaning and drying the wicking and the cart before adding drops. The new 510 MEGA cartridge, which claims to hold more than twice what the standard cart holds, claims to hold 1ml - 20 drops - so NO, a standard 510 cartridge does NOT hold 18 drops.

2.Upon Googling "how man drops of e liquid in a ml", I see that the overwhelming majority of folks and seller websites as well as several posts in this forum say that "20 drops equals 1 ml". Furthermore, bestecig.com, vaportalk.com, heaven-gifts.com, and a dozen other sellers say that the 510 cartomizer - NOT the cartridge - holds 1ml but it's recommended to only add 0.9. Based upon my experience and a plethora of Googled sources, 24 drops in the XPower cartridge is MORE than the majority of folks say that a standard 510 cartomizer will hold.

3. I specifically state that the plain flat eGO band where the 'plastic" button is located is made of metal, and while it may be indented 001 of an inch, it's still flat and does not have nearly the feel of the XPowers groove. The difference I pointed out was the size of the button - the XPower is larger, and that the XPower has a wider band with a nice grove in it that looks nicer and makes it easier to hold.

4. My eGO is less than a month old and it's shiny and it feels "slick" and slippery to me - especially when compared to the soft matt finish of the XPower.

Those interested can check out Paulc35's posts on the XPower in this area of the Forum where he notice all the same things I did.

First off, yes a standard 510 cart holds between 12 and 18 drops. Everyone with a 510 knows that. Second of all, how sure are you that you don't have a knock off eGo? All of the eGos that I have had in my hand(4 kits) are all Genuine Joye, and they are all matte finished. And I don't really care how much an x-power cart hols, because my Joye eGo mega attys/carts which cost the same or less than your x-power hold almost 40 drops(over 2.5ml). That is indisputable. Also, your assumption that the eGo is only popular because of the 510 is just not factuall at all. The fact is the Janty/Joye eGo(wether you like it or not) is the original, and was out long before any knockoffs like the x-power. If you like it, fine. Glad to hear it. But there is no reason to bash a perfectly good e-cig like the eGo. It takes up space and works fine. And furthermore, only time will tell if ANY of the knock offs will stand the test of time. Janty/Joye products have between a 6 month and 1 year warranty. I don't see any info on the warranty on the x-power.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Incorrect? Oh really?

Yea.. well I have videos in the youtube channel where I'm dripping over 18 drops into a standard EGO cartridge (depends on the juice and filler). Drop sizes are not uniform... sorry. So you can say it... but it doesn't make it so.

Second, Those same vendors say a cartridge equals a pack of cigarettes right? Or something like that? Take a syringe marked in ML, fill your massive cartridge, and suck the liquid out with a syringe. Then you will know it's capacity. A standard 510 cartridge is exactly 2/5ths of a ml- without filler.

Third the indentation of the band on an eGo is 1/16th of an inch- or it's rough metric equivalent.

Fourth- you bought the stainless steel model right? It's stainless steel. No matte.

Look.. I know some people are really religious about the PV they use. I get it. I understand. And I wouldn't have even been argumentative if you simply said yours was better than an eGo- but be accurate.

"Google Genius" is like a disease man. Pull out a syringe and measure. Then post facts.

I have nothing negative to say about your PV. I haven't looked into it. But I know the specifications of the eGo cold. Just be accurate.

Bimbo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
Riyadh Saudi Arabia
I guess it's just a matter of preference. I use an Ego and i like it. It vapes pretty good and i'm satisfied. Venturing on another device is not that practical. It just add up to the investment. But its the same 3.7 volt PV and if i would go for another one, I might as well move to a mod that gives a 5-6 volt experience. IMHO i would stick to the PV i have which is great and find a MOD that will increase my experience in vaping.

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
A MOD with a day of battery life between charges in my "Happy Place", and the Chuck as well as the Prodigy V2 are all I need @6v w/V4L cartos.

WOW! We all have our fav's, and swear by them, and accuracy is our best policy here.

Sometimes it seems as though people are posting product reviews for "Free Advertising" here, they get little back-up especially when they are wrong.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Not to swarth buddy's enthusiasm, it would help the readers if a comparative review was carried out vice bashing a known performer with a clone. This is like comparing apple and oranges.

There are many things that are occuring here that his obvious inexperience has failed to point out:
  • it uses a 900mAh battery vice the 650mAh found on the JoyE product;
  • this equates to 0.9 amps being delivered to the atty vice the 0.65 from the eGo;
  • the finish as many, will not last so enjoy it while you can;
  • the device more than likely does not use pulse modulation, which in turn may indeed produce 3.7V vice the 3.2 of the eGo; and
  • from pics I saw I believe it employs 510 mega carts and attys, which in turn will indeed hold more liquid.
Notwithstanding, I am glad he/she is happy. But to come here "inexperienced" and bash a device, well that is very questionable??? Time will tell!

Many a horse are fast out of the gate but fail in the stretch.

Wrt the aesthetics, well ... I'll take my eGos any day of the week and 3 times on Sunday. I have 2 sets, all stainless and look as new as the day I received them. They are over 6 months old each and performance hasn't changed.

If someone as noted above is looking for a "true" 3.7V device, get yourself a battery mod. My SB MKI with a 16340 IMR will run circles around the XPower, at a fraction of the cost.

FWIW, I prefer a calmer vape every know and again and the JoyE products offer that at 3.2V. It may avg out to 3.2V but it is pumping at 3.0 and 3.7V. I also prefer moving away from "proprietary" batteries.

In closing, one should get some experience to back up their claims when trashing another product. I must be doing something wrong as well as some of my "standard carts" hold 15-18 drops, then others 12-15, but never 8.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada

4. The eGo hasn't felt "slick" since the new coatings which came online sometime ago.

Cozz,

He must be related to the dude from Chicago with the "magic" super duper fast electrons.

dongenero

Jul 27, 2010
San Diego
Nice to see responses - some appropriate, informative and civil, but far more unnecessarily intentionally rude and hostile - especially one fat bear.

First off, I'm always ready to admit mistakes. The first being that indeed the standard 510 cart will hold about 12 drops rather than the 8 I had stated - which is still half of what the standard XPower holds. I was using my pipe tipped which doesn't hold as many as the round tip, so you're right and I was wrong. Secondly, when I mentioned the "slick" finish on my "eGO", I did not say that it was a "Joye" ego. While I ordered a "Joye" eGO and it has the Joye/Janty logo on the box, apparently it is a Riva Ego. So I will agree that the Joye eGO has the nice matt finish while other eGO models have the slick finish.

Then we have "And I don't really care how much an x-power cart hols, because my Joye eGo mega attys/carts which cost the same or less than your x-power". roflmao I was comparing an XPower 900 to an eGo 900. For two cones, two batts, two attys, 10 carts, usb and wall chargers, including shipping, I spent $47. To get the eGO to a 900 and in order to use the mega attys/carts, one *generally* will first buy the "eGO starter kit" first - with it's 650 batteries and standard little cartridiges - $60 is a good price (because they are NOT selling a 900 kit that I've found). Then, to get to 900, you have to spend $45 to get two 900 batteries. Then you have to buy two Mega attys for about $22, and then buy the Mega carts. Plus shipping. Cheaper? Not likely. Will your $130 unit hold more than my $47? Yes. But cheaper it is not.

As to "This is like comparing apple and oranges." No, what was being compared was a 900 XPower to a 900 eGO - apples to apples.

As to "There are many things that are occuring here that his obvious inexperience has failed to point out" the applicable experience here is "who has owned both and can then reasonably make a fair comparison between the two?" I have "experience" with both and you have only "inexperience".

As to "But to come here "inexperienced" and bash a device, well that is very questionable???" What is questionable is *not* my buying both, giving them both a good try out for over a month and then reporting my opinions, but rather your lack of civility and complete ignorance in regards to the XPower. And you lie when you say I bashed a device as what I actually said was "The eGOs are pretty darn good e-cigs". That's praise not bashing. What I and Paulc35, who have actually owned and tried both have said is that XPower is superior to the ego. I also added twice in my post, at the beginning and at the end, for you folks who like swinging bats, was "imho" - which means "In my humble opinion."

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Nice to see responses - some appropriate, informative and civil, but far more unnecessarily intentionally rude and hostile - especially one fat bear.

First off, I'm always ready to admit mistakes. The first being that indeed the standard 510 cart will hold about 12 drops rather than the 8 I had stated - which is still half of what the standard XPower holds. I was using my pipe tipped which doesn't hold as many as the round tip, so you're right and I was wrong. Secondly, when I mentioned the "slick" finish on my "eGO", I did not say that it was a "Joye" ego. While I ordered a "Joye" eGO and it has the Joye/Janty logo on the box, apparently it is a Riva Ego. So I will agree that the Joye eGO has the nice matt finish while other eGO models have the slick finish.

Then we have "And I don't really care how much an x-power cart hols, because my Joye eGo mega attys/carts which cost the same or less than your x-power". roflmao I was comparing an XPower 900 to an eGo 900. For two cones, two batts, two attys, 10 carts, usb and wall chargers, including shipping, I spent $47. To get the eGO to a 900 and in order to use the mega attys/carts, one *generally* will first buy the "eGO starter kit" first - with it's 650 batteries and standard little cartridiges - $60 is a good price (because they are NOT selling a 900 kit that I've found). Then, to get to 900, you have to spend $45 to get two 900 batteries. Then you have to buy two Mega attys for about $22, and then buy the Mega carts. Plus shipping. Cheaper? Not likely. Will your $130 unit hold more than my $47? Yes. But cheaper it is not.

As to "This is like comparing apple and oranges." No, what was being compared was a 900 XPower to a 900 eGO - apples to apples.

As to "There are many things that are occuring here that his obvious inexperience has failed to point out" the applicable experience here is "who has owned both and can then reasonably make a fair comparison between the two?" I have "experience" with both and you have only "inexperience".

As to "But to come here "inexperienced" and bash a device, well that is very questionable???" What is questionable is *not* my buying both, giving them both a good try out for over a month and then reporting my opinions, but rather your lack of civility and complete ignorance in regards to the XPower. And you lie when you say I bashed a device as what I actually said was "The eGOs are pretty darn good e-cigs". That's praise not bashing. What I and Paulc35, who have actually owned and tried both have said is that XPower is superior to the ego. I also added twice in my post, at the beginning and at the end, for you folks who like swinging bats, was "imho" - which means "In my humble opinion."

Dude.

Can we get past the argument? I'm actually interested in hearing about this PV just from a features standpoint. Most of us can compare on our own.
Can you give us photos of the components? Show us the big cartridge? I want to see the threading and the cone.

How does it perform against the Riva? Are you using genuine Joyetech atomizers (it makes a difference)?

What battery are they supplying in the tube?

Things like that.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
First off, my whistle tips hold the same as my round carts. The fluid res is the same. Second, if you were talking about a Riva, why on earth would you call it a Joye eGo. Not even close to accurate. As for cost, you CAN get a 900mAh joye eGo kit w/ two batts(not just one) for $55, a bit more delivered. I bought my eGo mega attys for $6.59 on sale, granted it was a great sale but that is what I paid. And in no way do the Xpower attys show any signes of being proven to out perform the 306 based eGo mega atty. You get what you pay for.And no one with any kind of experience in the e-cig world would bash an eGo, when in fact they are talking about a Riva. As for cheaper? Again, you get what you pay for. Being that your Xpower has at most a 14 day warranty, compared to my 6 month warranty, I'll pay a bit extra to have a proven workhorse. Reguardless of your rude, inexperienced comments, I wish you all the luck in the world with your knock off. Hopefull it will last.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
first off so everyone can see the device in question:
smoore x power

it's made by smoore....comes with cartos...but could also use m301 atties...it only has a 14day warranty...
so all around a non starter for me

first I wouldnt switch from a 510 to a lesser used harder to obtain atty...or a carto at that...
second not a fan of any of the other stuff by smoore wouldn't expect the latest entry to the eGo clone wars to be any better (I think the t-rex/maxx was by them too, and we know that one was kinda junky)
third, on a device in this price range with a propriatary battery....well I can get an eGo with a 6 month warranty at least...14 days is just not sufficient

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
first off so everyone can see the device in question:
smoore x power

it's made by smoore....comes with cartos...but could also use m301 atties...it only has a 14day warranty...
so all around a non starter for me

first I wouldnt switch from a 510 to a lesser used harder to obtain atty...or a carto at that...
second not a fan of any of the other stuff by smoore wouldn't expect the latest entry to the eGo clone wars to be any better (I think the t-rex/maxx was by them too, and we know that one was kinda junky)
third, on a device in this price range with a propriatary battery....well I can get an eGo with a 6 month warranty at least...14 days is just not sufficient

To add to that, the OPs claims of 2ml in those Xpower carts is false. Several websites, including this one: 5pcs Empty Cartridges for Joye eGo Vaporizer - X-POWER 650 (E-Cigarette Blank Cartridges) [JOYE-EGO-CARTRIDGES-EMPTY-A] - US$1.20 : Electronic Cigarette Wholesale - One-stop Dropship & Retail Shop - Buy e Cigarettes & Electric Cig Accessories from Ch Claim 0.6ml, which seems about right. Same as a 510 mega cart, but not even half what even the eGo mega cone atty/cart holds, let alone the eGo mega cyl atty/cart. I believe I'll pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread