Just saying hi..

Status
Not open for further replies.

broahes

Jun 20, 2015
Georgia
Hey guys and gals.. I have been a forum addict for years, so naturally- as soon as I put down the tobacco products and started vaping- I hit Google to find a community of like minded peeps to share in the experience. Naturally, I spent several days browsing the various sites to see which seemed to have good activity and quality posts. This site has a wealth of information.. So alas.. Here I am.

Thanks to all of you for the information I now have at my fingertips. I'm sure I have a lot more questions than answers at this point when it comes to vaping.. But I look forward to contributing where and when I can.

I will hold any questions that I have for another time and place.

I have been a smoker since I was 13. Decided to lay it down when I hit 30. Here I am a few months into 31 and have a week under my belt with no tobacco. The longest since I started.

My first e-cigg was a Blu I picked up at a convenient store around this time last year. I didn't care much for it.. Mainly because I just wasn't fully commuted to stopping. Early May I bought a XPS by VSX at a truck stop on a whim. Using it helped me drastically reduce my tobacco intake.. From a pack to pack and a half a day down to not even half a pack a day. It worked well enough to get me interested in vaping as a means to totally kick it for good. I had a friend of mine from work that buys off of fasttech to shoot me a few of his backup Kanger tanks and batteries for 20 bucks.. Along with a few replacement coils until I could do some research and find a good setup for me. That was last Monday and I haven't smoked a cigarette since.

A few side notes of interest that I don't mind sharing with strangers, just for the social aspect of this site..

My name is Brooks. I was born here in Georgia but spent my 20's living and traveling through several states and Mexico. I love new places and new people.

I am a shipping and receiving manager for a manufacturing plant that specializes in metal forming and electrical components and lock parts. I also decided to go back to school this year.. Which is proving to be a challenge after leaving college after a year at the age of 19. But hey.. Its never too late for anything until you are dead.

I am a Soto Zen practitioner.. and have been for the past 8 years.

Music and philosophy are my biggest passions.. biggest addictions would be tattoos and body modification.. Though most of my piercings have been removed for career advancement opportunities.. Not too much I could do about the ears though lol.. But the owners are very accepting so all is well.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can about my new hobby and meeting some good people along the way.

Thanks in advance for the warm welcome.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
welcome Brooks to ECF, it was nice to see a little bit about you and about your vaping. I imagine you will find lots of information to interest you and I know I have found lots of help and interesting and funny people on this forum. I have never been on a forum before but I do enjoy this one. I have been vaping almost four months. I use a nautilaus mini and an Istick 20previous to this I smoked 30 or 40 cigs a day for over 40 years.

do you have a favourite ejuice?

Reactions: broahes

broahes

Jun 20, 2015
Georgia
do you have a favourite ejuice?

Aside from the the crappy menthol flavor that came with the XPS I bought last month, I haven't had a lot of experience. I have smoked several of the zig zag liquids.. Mango being the only one I bought more than one bottle. I did buy a bottle of Venum Vapor's carnal knowledge from a local shop that I liked. I need more nicotine than a good taste at this point. Any suggestions?

broahes

Jun 20, 2015
Georgia
Hi @broahes ..and congrats on quitting the stinky's!
That is actually the best part of the experience so far.. I don't smell like an ashtray.. and the fact that I don't feel like expressing myself in traffic because I don't have more than two sticks and a pot to piss. So to speak.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
viannen_01.gif

Welcome!​

pJYvGY3.gif

Siouxinpa

Jun 8, 2015
Central PA
Aside from the the crappy menthol flavor that came with the XPS I bought last month, I haven't had a lot of experience. I have smoked several of the zig zag liquids.. Mango being the only one I bought more than one bottle. I did buy a bottle of Venum Vapor's carnal knowledge from a local shop that I liked. I need more nicotine than a good taste at this point. Any suggestions?

Zig zag makes liquid?..:shock:

Flavors are totally subjective so what tastes great to me may remind you of the inside of a hockey bag. That being said, this has helped me find a bunch of new flavors I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread