Just starting out. Ordered a Halo kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedsix

Aug 18, 2013
Indiana
I tried a njoy, it was cool but died after about two cigs worth of puffs. $8 for two cig, not good. Then I tried a Blu for $10, it tasted better and seems to be lasting a little longer. I ordered the Halo starter kit after reading some good things about it here. Will prob graduate to something else in time but I wanted small and cigarette like to make the transition easier from real cig.

Any advice on the Halo I need to know.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I started vaping with the Halo G6 end of April. Ditto the mini tanks... all I use on my Halo gear. I bought a bunch of them, never use the cartos that came with the kit, or the blank XL cartos I bought. I have all manual batteries - 2 78mm and 4 102mm. Now that I've stepped up into the APV's way more than I need - means I won't need more batts for a long time. Still prefer them for when I go out for walks, to run errands, but also just as a change from the APV's. Also use them to test the DIY liquids I also dove into almost 2 months ago. Good gear, good company. I don't have contact with many folks locally, but have turned 2 smokers I do know here onto the Halo's already. Both prefer the short auto batteries to be more like the analog experience for them.

Teach08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Nashville, TN
LOVE my Halo G6s!

The mini-tanks are just excellent...and they last a good while (I still haven't replaced any of mine) if you wash them out occasionally. I am okay with the LR carts, too, but I prefer them with a drip tip. Ultimately, you'll get better flavor from the tanks for most juices.

Definitely get a couple of extra batteries and always have a backup charged and ready, although I've found that mine last a lot longer than I thought they would. They are great for being stealthy at work! I find that one battery will get me through a full tank and then some (abt 1.3ml of liquid or so) before I have to change the battery.

You didn't ask about liquid, but I'm gonna say it anyway: get a tobacco sampler! Tastes vary, but I found that Tribeca and Voodoo, especially if mixed together 50/50, got me over the "hump" and made me not want cigs anymore. At all. Now that my taste buds are back in business, I really like all of the Halo tobacco flavors. Turkish tobacco (I hated it when I first tried it) is now the BEST thing in the world while I drink a beer, for example. And Tribeca/Voodoo is still my go-to flavor.

Don't be afraid to branch out on flavors...I surprised myself by really liking some sweet stuff! Try Coumarin Pipe Tobacco from Mt. Baker vapor...just a tinge of cherry flavor in it, and it can be sweetened even more by mixing it with most any fruit flavor. Branching out into different tastes has helped me get over the idea of cigarettes. I hope it works out as well for you as it did for me...congratulations!

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
You can use a Halo Triton battery with any G6 carto or tank. Just get the small cone to cover the bigger thread (edit: cone may not fit the G6 tank). These batteries will last much longer.

Later on, if you want more vapor, you can try the Triton tank.

Note: the G6 and Triton chargers are not interchangeable.

Last edited:

Teach08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Nashville, TN
You can use a Halo Triton battery with any G6 carto or tank. Just get the small cone to cover the bigger thread. These batteries will last much longer.

I just got my small Triton battery yesterday, with a cone. The friggin' tanks just wont slip through the top of the cone. Is there a way that someone like me with very few tool options can open that up just enough without tearing up the cone? Seems like one more millimeter and it would fit...

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
You made an excellent choice with Halo! I'm an 808 fan and don't want any complicated set ups. I've tried a few other cigalike kits and Halo beats them all hands down. But as pretty much everyone else in this thread has advised, get yourself the mini tanks pronto! The hit is a thousand times better than those cartomizers, I'll never go back to using them now that I'm spoiled with the tanks.

Speedsix

Aug 18, 2013
Indiana
Thanks for all the advice. I'm so new at this that most of the jargon and technical stuff are still beyond me. I don't even know the difference between a carto and a mini tank or what they are. I'm just getting my feet wet so ill be asking some dumb questions and reading a lot.

I can already tell that vaping could be my way out of the habbit of cigarettes. I actually enjoy smoking and don't really want to give it up. I am not a heavy smoker, a pack lasts me 2-3 days give or take. I know I have a small nicotine addiction but the actual habbit of physically smoking is probably as strong as the chemical addiction. E-cigs will allow me to still "smoke" and get the enjoyment and satisfaction without giving up anything besides the stink and mouth that tastes and feels like a ashtray.

I need to look up what a mini tank is. I ordered a starter kit for $45, I got two 78mm manual batteries and an extra auto battery. I also got a sample kit of juice in addition the sample kit juice selection. Spent $78 with 5% coupon and free shipping. Looks like I need to continue researching.

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
Thanks for all the advice. I'm so new at this that most of the jargon and technical stuff are still beyond me. I don't even know the difference between a carto and a mini tank or what they are. I'm just getting my feet wet so ill be asking some dumb questions and reading a lot.

I can already tell that vaping could be my way out of the habbit of cigarettes. I actually enjoy smoking and don't really want to give it up. I am not a heavy smoker, a pack lasts me 2-3 days give or take. I know I have a small nicotine addiction but the actual habbit of physically smoking is probably as strong as the chemical addiction. E-cigs will allow me to still "smoke" and get the enjoyment and satisfaction without giving up anything besides the stink and mouth that tastes and feels like a ashtray.

I need to look up what a mini tank is. I ordered a starter kit for $45, I got two 78mm manual batteries and an extra auto battery. I also got a sample kit of juice in addition the sample kit juice selection. Spent $78 with 5% coupon and free shipping. Looks like I need to continue researching.

On the G6 section of Halo's site, you should see the mini tank link. They are $3.99 a piece, but if you take care of them each one can last several weeks. As far as technical jargon, the cartomizer is what would be the "...." or filter of a real cigarette that you puff on. A cartomizer screws on the battery and either comes pre-filled with flavor or you can get blank ones and add your own juice. The tank is simply an empty plastic tube that has no filler material, you simply put juice in it, screw it on the battery and vape. Most people seem to agree that the throat hit and taste is better with a tank. But just get started and you'll quickly get into experimenting with different methods and hardware. Everyone has different expectations and needs so only you can decide what will suit you best. Good luck!!

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I just got my small Triton battery yesterday, with a cone. The friggin' tanks just wont slip through the top of the cone. Is there a way that someone like me with very few tool options can open that up just enough without tearing up the cone? Seems like one more millimeter and it would fit...

Yes. I sanded down the narrow end with some sand paper meant for metal. Someone else reported using a dremel tool. You just have to take off a little...took me about 15 minutes. I use my mini tank with a cone on a larger batt for out and about.

Also, the mini is the same as a Kanger T4 (try litecigusa $2.25) and the mini at Smokeless Image ($2.99)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread