Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Do NOT get the Blu kit. Frankly, they suck. A 2 for 1 deal doesn't do ya much good with a crappy kit you'll want to get rid of shortly after. I'm not a huge fan of the slim ecigs(ones that look like a cig) bc they have to be recharged frequently and you can only use SR attys/cartos. I do understand why some people think its important to have their first ecig look like a cig though. Popular ones are the g6, the ones from vapor4life, and the volt. All 3 of them work pretty well for a slim ecig.
If your willing to get over your ecig not looking like a cig than you can get a bigger battery PV. A lot of people end up buying a bigger battery PV after using a slim ecig for awhile because they want better battery life and more options on what you can use. That's why I recommend them instead of slim ecigs bc then you'll save that money and their much better.
The Riva, kGo, EPower, and eGo are great starting bigger battery PVs that are easy to use, work great, and are normally cheaper than some overpriced slim ecigs. The riva/Epower/kGo are 3.7V and the eGo is 3.4V. I have an Epower and love it. The Epower batteries last normally a day to a day and a half and sometimes 2 full days if I'm busy and not constantly vaping. A slim ecig battery will need to be charged every few hrs. Also he bigger battery PVs can use LOw resistance attys/cartos which give a warmer vape and more TH. most people prefer them over SR.
So I think a bigger battery PV is a MUCH better way to go for your first ecig, but like I said, I understand why some people want it to look like a cig to start. (most people get over that quickly though and move on to a better PV though). So if you do get a slim ecig, I'd get a g6, volt, or v4l. Don't get the Blu, it's a crappy ecig
Goodluck

Alesia

Dec 12, 2011
Oklahoma
ok well do u have any suggestions on a personal vaporizer then i am still looking in to all this and would really like to get something that will last and is of good quality are there any super user friendly ones? which ego is easier to use i am thinking about one of those for my hubby but if it isnt easy to use he wont use it so i need something simple but with a great battery life i dont think he cares to much what it looks like

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Unfortunately, the current batch of E-Powers are equipped with new electronics and may not work well with LR cartomizers like the "Resurrector" (actually, a 1.7 ohm LR XL SmokTech carto). The lastest batch includes the white LED button switch, which has a nice switch safety lock-out feature but just can't handle low resistance cartos.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...48025-current-e-power-14650-switch-issue.html

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I think probably for someone like your husband, a mod would be the best way to go. I'm not a mod expert but there are plenty here and I'm sure one will be along to help you.

Try the small pv like the volt. Don't get a huge kit. If it works out well for you, most of these companies ship extremely fast and you can order more accessories for it. If it doesn't satisfy you, you can always try out a different kit. But there are many fans of the Volt here. My mom has one. She mostly uses the ego type pv but still uses her KR808's occasionally.

lilac7779

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
East Tennessee
Check out the kGo, great deal, great service, great PV !

SLB KGO Starter Kit

Alesia, I agree with Moofaso. I have two Blu kits and they are NOT worth the money. I have a KGO ordered that is $25 cheaper than the Blu and comes with 2 1100mah batteries....much better deal.

Alesia

Dec 12, 2011
Oklahoma
thanks guys im still really new at this but we each bought one of thos echeapy e cigs at the gas station and since we got those havent smoked any regular smokes so i would really like to keeep it going if u know what i mean i know nothing about mods so if some one could really dumb that down for me that would be great i dont know if this is asking too much but i would like both of our equipment to work with the others stuff so am problably going to get 2 of what ever we decide on can u guys maybe give me some sites to look at im kinda lost with all this stuff but would like to start out right

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
KGO (Riva) 1100mAh Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit - $49.46

would this one work for the heavy smoker it says it has a good battery and if i got two or three batteries for him i think that it would last him through his long work day are there any other e cigs (for me) that are compatible with thid as for as cartimizers and all that go?

The batteries would last quite long, but he'd have to refill or have prefilled cartomizers with him or a bottle of juice with him.

To vape all day and not have to refill, maybe something like this would be better.

http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=8&Itemid=3

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Alesia and a warm welcome to ECF. I'll leave the hardware advice to others but will give some battery advice.
Batt Info
100 mah= 1 hour vaping on single coil
100 mah= 1/2 hour on dual coil
You'll prolly be buying single coils so take it from there. You'll also want to recharge the batts when they are at 25%- they last longer
Good Luck, Vapoor.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
KGO (Riva) 1100mAh Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit - $49.46

would this one work for the heavy smoker it says it has a good battery and if i got two or three batteries for him i think that it would last him through his long work day are there any other e cigs (for me) that are compatible with thid as for as cartimizers and all that go?

All of the 510 big battery devices are compatible with each other. They're essentially the same, some have slightly higher voltages, bigger batteries, but they work the same way.

The juice delivery system is different, there are cartomizers, clearomizers, tanks, etc. Cartomizers are very user friendly and you can always pick up something else to try.

That's the good thing about the big battery kits, they're versatile.

In a way the KR808's are also. You can use the Halo cartomizer on the Volt, or the V4L on the Halo, etc.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
no i dont think that that would work for him he said he dint mind having to refill it its the battery that he's worried about

Depends on how much he wants to spend. The reo is pretty indestructible, made out of airplane metal, it contains a juice bottle and batteries last all day.

Probably cost around $200 to get started with the pv, batteries etc. for that unit. I don't have one, I just read about them and want one. :laugh:

I would think that'd be a good option for someone working outside, but perhaps another member will have a better suggestion for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread