Second ecig attempt: HaloG6 or Halo Element?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a Blu kit but put them aside due to very short battery life, fiddly chargers failing to recharge some of the time, and cartridges that seemed to be good for about 20-30 puffs then provided about 80 or so mediocre hits before giving up.

The Halo seemed to be esteemed favorably on this forum and thought it would be worth trying. however, being a newcomer, I am unclear about the advantages and disadvantages of the g6 and element. What are the practical differences between the two? Also should I consider something beside the halo?
thanks!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Yes. Consider something else. If you absolutely must have a cig sized e-cig, the Volt is the most recommended e-cig on this site, even by veterans who would never recommend a cig sized e-cig.

The G6 is second best and most people think the volt has better juice. The service and shipping time of Smokelessimage.com, the seller of the Volt, is first rate without a question.

There will be others, some of them Volt users, who will tell you all the advantages. There are also discount codes and you can get free batteries. I'll defer to them. They'll be along shortly to give you their experiences.

Meanwhile, you might want to take a look. Smokelessimage.com

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Go with the Volt. It is the same exact thing as the Halo G6. The only thing is that they are much cheaper, the cartos are better and last longer and the customer service is second to none. The ship very quick. Every order I have placed has been at my door within 2-3 days and they take care of any issues right away. Their juice is also much better.

You can use the coupon code "sivolt50" for 15% off and they have free shipping for any order over $55.
also, once you get your volt, you can go to their subforum here and under the thread "faces of volt" post a pic of yourself with the volt and they will give you a free battery, bottle of juice or pack of cartos.

You cant even compare it to the blu. I started with the blu and returned it after 3 days for the same reasons. The volt battery lasts about 3 hours of vaping, which is awesome for a mini

One suggestion though, spend the extra $1 for the 78mm battery, you get 50% more battery life. Also, I suggest getting 1 manual and 1 auto. or 2 manuals.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I would second the nurse's recommendation above. If you can see your way clear to using something the size of a Sharpie marker go for the kGo. It costs no more than the Volt an you won't regret it. As good as the Volt is, it suffers the same limitations that any small battery does. It's simple physics and no manufacturer can escape it. With the kgo, you'll be vaping at higher voltage for longer. The battery will not only last longer between charges, it'll last twice as long before it wears out, as all batteries do. Cartos for it are cheaper and, since it uses the standard 510 connector, you'll have a far greater number of options for the juice delivery system

You've already done your stage 1 of the typical vaping progression. You've used a cig lookalike with an automatic battery and a light on the end. It's time to move on to stage 2, the medium sized e-cig, and discover what real vaping is all about.. You'll save money and have a much better experience for it.

Last edited:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
The Element kit has atomizers/carts included and small capacity batteries(180mah) whereas the G6 has nothing but cartomizers included and the batteries are a little bigger (200-300mah), so they will last longer on a charge. I would suggest getting the G6 kit if you decide to go with Halo, and get the 78mm batts. If you don't know which you prefer, get 1 auto and 1 manual battery. Most people prefer manuals, but to each their own.

As others have mentioned, the Volt from SmokelessImage is exactly the same as the Halo G6 but a little cheaper.

If you want a PV with a little more charge than these kits can offer, SmokelessImage offers a model called the X2 that is available in 650, 900, and 1100 mah sizes. Or you could look into a PCC for your small batts. Or you could look into an eGo or eGo clone model(KGO, Riva, etc.) with a 510 connector, which would give you more options for attachments.

Thank you all for the replies. I have been youtubing furiously and I am even more confused than before. Here is what I think I know:
cigarette or pen styled vaporizers are limited - so the Halo might not be the best way to go.
eGo seems to be good for beginners to intermediate
There are many mods and it is unclear what works best.
This guy on youtube has plastic freezer bags full of failed cartridges that just never worked well. He likes the '309 drip tip' however

I want to try the new variable voltage eGo battery but I am unsure as to what else to get with it. I think the eGo is small enough size and is unlikely to be detonated by a bomb squad if I were to leave it unattended. Anyone have some advice?

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I quit using Halo G6 and Halo juices are great. BUT I think you need to up grade to the ego, go with the Twist, get the charger recommended for it and if you want some clearos, I have been using Kanger clearos and they work very well, no fiddling with cartos. A bit of learning curve to fill them but once you do one you get it :) This is what I am using for out and about and it is great set up. I also have a Provari, but for ease of use the ego is great. brnk

http://www.litecigusa.net/Kanger_2ohm_EgO_Clear_o_mizer_p/ego-kanger2ohmclearo.htm

Here is the link to the clearos.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Thank you all for the replies. I have been youtubing furiously and I am even more confused than before. Here is what I think I know:
cigarette or pen styled vaporizers are limited - so the Halo might not be the best way to go.
eGo seems to be good for beginners to intermediate
There are many mods and it is unclear what works best.
This guy on youtube has plastic freezer bags full of failed cartridges that just never worked well. He likes the '309 drip tip' however

I want to try the new variable voltage eGo battery but I am unsure as to what else to get with it. I think the eGo is small enough size and is unlikely to be detonated by a bomb squad if I were to leave it unattended. Anyone have some advice?

Yeah. My advice is that if you get the Twist, get two of them, or get something to use while it is charging. The 650 isn't that big, but it's only going to last you maybe 5 hours. It'll take a few hours to charge and you don't want to leave it charging overnight. Ego chargers are famous for failing and burning. They're really pretty cheap and the Twist charger is no exception.

If you get the 1000mah, it's pretty huge, longer than a Lavatube, but it'll last 8-9 hours. It'll take a good 4 hours to charge so you best schedule your time wisely.

Bottom line is there are a lot of Twist fans here that forget the cardinal rule of vaping. Backups. Nothing will send you back to cigarettes quicker than a dead battery, except a dead battery when you don't have a backup. A Twist is a good toy to play with and get a feel for variable voltage, even though it only goes to 4.8volts, so it's a low voltage variable voltage PV. But it's nuts to have one for your only e-cig. They are batteries. They don't have separate batteries so you can't charge one while you're using the other. As they age, like any battery they start holding a charge for a shorter time period and, when that happens, you're going to get stuck. If you get a Twist, only one Twist, the day will come when your battery is dead and you may or may not be in a position to wait around while it charges.

So, that leaves you in the situation of paying $50-60 for a pair of Twists. For that amount of money, you can get a real variable voltage e-cig. You can get one that's not disposable. You can get one with a full range of 3-6V. You can get one with separate batteries so you won't be standing there with a dead e-cig. You can get one with a digital display instead of a tiny dial you need a microscope to read. You can get a battery level indicator, and a year warranty.

If you want to get into variable voltage, you don't need a Provari. But you don't have to resort to a disposable toy either. You can get an Ovale V8. You can get a Lavatube, which is shorter than a 1000mah Twist, or a mini-Lavatube which is shorter than a 650mah Twist. Any of those is better than a Twist and won't leave you stranded because you had no battery indicator and you weren't in the position to spend 3 or 4 hours with nothing to vape while they were charging.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, but I'm a new member here and therefore need to post in the New Members forum and I sure don't need to start a new thread....plus I've got a lot of use out of the helpful info here already. BUT! My question/conundrum:

The Halo G6 is exactly the e-cig type that I want. Only problem I (seem?) to have is that the Halo "branded" cartomizers don't seem to handle VG smoke juice very well. Meaning, once I fill one up with a strong VG ratio, or 100% VG juice, I *might* get one more refill before the carto is rendered useless; no vapor, no flavor. Am I doing something boneheaded? When I refill, whether PG, VG or a mix, I usually do 10 slow drops, wait about 5 minutes, then do another 5-10 drops, depending on how saturated the carto starts to look. If I stick to PG, I get about 8-10 refills, easy.

Also, and this may be directly related to the problem above, or the G6 itself....I don't get much flavor out of VG. The stronger the VG in a PG/VG mix, the weaker the taste. Doesn't seem to matter where the juice is from. But I feel like I'm missing out when I read some of the ecstatic reviews of juices like Boba's Bounty or Copper Creek's House Blend. They sure do SMELL nice. But I can't taste 'em!

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just the way my palette functions? I'm not an ex-smoker so nicotine content means nothing to me. I don't mind it being there, but I'm not after a nic-fix either. If that even means anything....

Disk4mat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
USA
I started out on G6 and it got me off analogs. Im still using it. The only addition I made to my hardware was an 900mah x2 battery from Smokeless Image. Lasts all day and I can use the clearo-tank from SI or screw on a cartomizer. I figure this will more than likely hold me for a while. Till Im ready to upgrade ;)

SubOnAux24 - Im going to have to check out that store! Thanks for posting it :toast:

Zip - Everything you've mentioned sounds to me inherit of VG. Thicker, less taste but tons of vapor. I've also done some reading on the forum and pure vg may not fare well with cartomizers. Not as well as 50/50 or greater PG. Just a quick opinion.

Last edited:

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Thanks for the input. Makes me feel a little more secure in my own deductions.

Flavor is my first priority. Followed by vapor production. Flavor is most important to me because I don't
have a "real" stomach. I had a complete gastrectomy (not gastric bypass or lap-band or partial gastrectomy) about
2.5 years ago due to a rare stomach disorder called Menetrier's Disease. I was part of a clinical trial and was on chemo for about 3 years. So now I cannot enjoy food like I used to. I've been exploring all manner of ways to enjoy flavors while minimizing solid food intake. I *can* eat, just not very much. And I have all kinds of issues with my esophagus closing up unexpectedly, constant nausea, etc. So I drink lots of different stuff (I can only tolerate a *very* small amount of alcohol) and the vaping thing has become a big deal for me.

So thanks, everyone, for any help you can throw at me!
:)
It just occurred to me that maybe I just need to use LESS of any heavy-VG smoke juice per cartomizer.....hmmmm.....
There are probably answers to every question I have in this forum, but it's tough wading through the bazillion results I get from my searches. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
First, get the volt from smokeless image. The volt is the same exact battery and cartomizer as the g6, except its much cheaper. The customer service is second to None. They are fast shippers and fix problems right away. You can get 15% off with their promo code and they have a promotion on their subforum here for a free battery after you get you volt.

Vg gives more vapor but it mutes flavor and throat hit. It will also clog cartomizers and burn out atomizers faster than pg.

Many people use a 70pg/30vg ratio. It gives you the best of both worlds and is pretty easy in your gear. I use that ratio and have currently refilled all of my volt cartos at least 15 times. They are all a month old and still working well

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Thanks for the info. I had one battery from Halo go bad but they replaced it no questions asked. I've been using the same
two batteries for....about 6 months I guess. No other problems. I will give the Volt a try next time I need another battery or some blank cartomizers. I really REALLY like the juice that Halo sells though. Pretty much everything except Midnight Apple or straight menthol is deeeelicious. I'll be keeping your 70pg/30vg ratio in mind too!

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
I would highly recommend the Halo G6. I have had mine for about a year now, and with daily use (all day, every day) it is still in almost new condition (not all dinged up, etc.). The Malibu Menthol liquid is to freaking DIE for...it is SO GOOD. Halo's liquids are, IMO, the absolute best out there and they are made right in the US in a lab by Halo. Most other liquids come from China or are the same liquids that tons of other vendors sell...but Halo's is unique and available only through Halo. The cartomizers don't burn, either...and come in a little plastic case. Halo juices also have a born on and best by date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread