Just upgraded from bloog to a ego twist (so i thought!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuxSteve

May 13, 2013
Union NJ
So i went to a local vape store to see if i can maybe get some new tips or clearomizer for my bloog but they didn't have anything that fit so i said screw it and got a ego twist and a couple carto tanks a five pack of atomizers nice aluminum drip tips two chargers and some juice (Spent over 100 bucks). Couldn't wait to get in the car and give it a try boy i was disapointed it seems to have a lot of air as i take a drag so i called and they told me to make sure everything is tight so i did, and still the same problem. I was looking at today and i noticed it says smok on the bottom so its not a really ego I'm assuming? Is it just as good? I really don't know what to do. Should i keep it and exchange the tank and try a clearomizer like my bloog? would that maybe be my airy problem? Should i just return the whole thing and get one online? Im really at a loss of what to do i need some advice!

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi LuxSteve. So you know for sure what it is you like about your Bloog clearomizers. That seems to be the place to start. I would advise you to set the carto tanks aside for now, and find yourself something like a ce4+ that will have a tighter draw than the carto tank you currently are not too fond of. If you had the hiViz 1ml model you likely would like the phoenix from gotvapes, like this> GotVapes PHOENiX™ Bottom Coil : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more or if you had the 1.6ml version almost any of the ce4+ should be similar, like this> GP CE4 1.6ml CC (Coil Changeable) Clearomizers for 510 and eGo

Lastly the battery in question is a nice battery. I have a bunch of friends who actually prefer the Smoktech version over the Joyetech version. All in all I would say the battery is a keeper, you should just focus on getting the delivery system to match your preferences. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi

The name "eGo" has come to be a generic term for all e-cigs of that style - like how most people use "Kleenex" for tissues. Joyetech is the name brand in this market, but many of the clones are fine - it either works or it doesn't, regardless of the name. As Iused. said, "Smok" is Smoktech and they are a well known manufacturer (I buy mostly Smoktech cartos), so you likely won't have any problems.

These are the features of an eGo (the logo only applies to Joyetech)

egolatest.jpg

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the advice maybe ill return the extra tank and pick up a clearomizer tomorrow. The other thing i like very much is the tip is just pressed on with a rubber o ring which i think is a bit cheesy, the bloog had a screw on tip which i like much better. Thanks for the advice!

That sounds like a good idea, if the shop has something you like . If they do not have something that suits your tastes, then there are many other options available. The tip-and-rubber O-ring, are known as drip tips and are standard fare when you are using a cartomizer. There are nicer ones available of those as well, but they all press fit with an O-ring. Here's to hoping you find your new favorite Vape.

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
I like the oring tips since I use vivi nova minis more fun to change tip. If you want a screw on type which is very limited on getting different tip for it a Stardust would work well for you they have a tighter draw you may be looking for. I prefer the vision vivi novas myself its more of an in-between type of draw or the evods work well but have a cooler vape rather than the warmer vape of the Stardust and vivi nova minis.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Well, The 900mAh is only about 14mm longer (about 1 /2 inch) than the 650mAh size...... so that size difference you are feeling may just be due to the fact you have stepped into a larger battery unit. IF you can get accustomed to the size of the battery it would be a good choice to keep it. It is the larger version so it will provide you with a better runtime, especially if you run it at higher voltages. If you don't think you can become ok with the size then the 650 may be a better fit your you. Enjoy.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I'm one of the minority on these forums that actually likes the CE4 / 5 clearomizer. I've had no issues at all, and I like the hotter vape it gives. I recently bought a T3 bottom coil and found it very airy - even after blocking up one of the air holes on the knurled thread, I still find myself putting my favorite juice in a CE5 clearo. I've had no leaking issues at all, and yes, I get the occasional dry hit, and I have to twirl it around a little bit when it gets low - but I like 'em.

I agree that the slightly larger battery is probably a better option for you if you can get used to it. I use a 1300mAh spinner and I love the fact I don't get any charging anxiety when I am at work or out and about.

My suggestion, just to add to the great ones already given, is hold on to the 900mAh and not go back to the 650mAh. The fact that the twist is veritable voltage you will learn that you don't always just set it on a favorite number and stay there - but depending on the juice you use, the atomizer and just how much vapor you are feeling at any given moment about amount of vapor and such like you may do a lot of fiddling with the voltage throughout the day. Even without a VV 650mAh rarely gets me through a whole day so I ended up relegating it to the status of backup and went with a higher mAh for sake of a longer time before it has to be recharged.

It probably seems like its 'huge' compared to your 650 but the size difference is not that much, and remember you were used to the 650 and only had you hands on the 900 for 24-48 hours. Give it a few more days I think and it will no longer feel like there is much of a difference and I think you will be much happier in the long run with more hours of use before recharging it.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Also, Joyetech has some OEM business partners that use their logo on Joyetech products. Might want to check here: Joyetech worldwide business partner to see if you got one that is from an OEM partner. It could be the real thing. I got one from My Vapor Store and it has MVS on the bottom.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hi LuxSteve. So you know for sure what it is you like about your Bloog clearomizers. That seems to be the place to start. I would advise you to set the carto tanks aside for now, and find yourself something like a ce4+ that will have a tighter draw than the carto tank you currently are not too fond of. If you had the hiViz 1ml model you likely would like the phoenix from gotvapes, like this> GotVapes PHOENiX™ Bottom Coil : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more or if you had the 1.6ml version almost any of the ce4+ should be similar, like this> GP CE4 1.6ml CC (Coil Changeable) Clearomizers for 510 and eGo

Lastly the battery in question is a nice battery. I have a bunch of friends who actually prefer the Smoktech version over the Joyetech version. All in all I would say the battery is a keeper, you should just focus on getting the delivery system to match your preferences. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

I use CE3 XL "cartomizers" (which is actually a bottom coil clearomizer) all the time. That is the generic name for the gotvapes "Phoenix BCC." If you don't mind a plain box and a slightly different drip tip (included) Vapor's Choice sells the same product for $8.50. I have used them both and they perform the same.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
I use CE3 XL "cartomizers" (which is actually a bottom coil clearomizer) all the time. That is the generic name for the gotvapes "Phoenix BCC." If you don't mind a plain box and a slightly different drip tip (included) Vapor's Choice sells the same product for $8.50. I have used them both and they perform the same.

Thanks Ocelot, I knew there was someone else who made a version of this, but while directly comparing the clearo pics from bloog's site I couldn't for the life of me remember any of them except the one from Gotvapes. Thanks for the info.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Thanks Ocelot, I knew there was someone else who made a version of this, but while directly comparing the clearo pics from bloog's site I couldn't for the life of me remember any of them except the one from Gotvapes. Thanks for the info.

Vapor's Choice is the lowest I've found for them (I just bought 3 more boxes). I use them so often I even tried to find a distributor in China, but since they are not very popular I only found a couple that had a reasonable minimum order. Unfortunately, with the cost of shipping the savings weren't enough to outweigh the hassle. I wish FastTech carried them. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread