JUUL vs rugular vaping pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
Hi, I am just curious how juul is comparing to a regular vaping pen (like Aspire, Kangertech, Ego). I know JUUL will cost more than buying refillable juices. And JUUL is stronger? How strong is it compared to a 16mg nicotine juice?

I am a chain vaper... I pretty much vape constantly none stop. Will the JUUL not be suitable for me?

Thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi, I am just curious how JUUL is comparing to a regular vaping pen (like Aspire, Kangertech, Ego). I know JUUL will cost more than buying refillable juices. And JUUL is stronger? How strong is it compared to a 16mg nicotine juice?

I am a chain vaper... I pretty much vape constantly none stop. Will the JUUL not be suitable for me?

Thanks.
Hi,
"Each JUULpod contains 0.7mL with 5% nicotine"

That is more than three times stronger than the 16mg (1.6%).

Cheers
I

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
It is important to note that "stronger" juice does not necessarily equate to a higher nic exposure on a per puff basis. Vapor production, coil resistance, and power used plays a huge factor as well. On lower power/higher resistance devices that produce less vapor your nic uptake per puff is going to be lower than the same juice in a high power/low ohm cloud machine.

That said, if you chain vape for the sake of chain vaping you should seek to use lower nic juices. If you are chain vaping trying to satisfy a nic craving but just can't quite get there, then sure maybe a higher nic juice (OR a setup that makes more vapor) could be in order to reduce how much you vape.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have never used a Juul due to cost. They do have very high nic concentration, and it is a proprietary blend of nic salts, so they tend to be liked over some different cigalikes.

With that said, you have plenty of room to raise your nicotine if you are concerned about chain vaping, and what a "non-cigalike" mod will give you is better battery life, more adjustable options (airflow, coil, etc) and most likely, more vapor per puff. If you like the idea of nic salts those can be purchased premade to put in the equipment you already have, and if you are worried about chain-vaping, you can raise your nicotine level and do so far less expensively than with a cigalike.

Also, if you are habitually a chain vaper, be cautious of doing so with the Juul due to the high nic content of the pods (not to mention cost) and nic salts tend to be more bioavailable more quickly, so it is NOT designed for chain-vaping, and you may find yourself doing so out of habit, and winding up a bit nic sick.

I really do think you have more and better options than moving to a Juul, but if you feel the device is for you then the limitations are 1) poor battery life 2) non-adjustable 3) expensive pods 4) possibility of too much nic all at once.

I'm not saying you have to do one or the other, just giving you what information I have about the Juul. If I could ONLY vape a cigalike, I would probably choose the Juul, but I a) don't want to hand tobacco makers money and b) would wind up very unhappy about the cost, especially since I DIY Nic salts already at 18 mg/ml, and I chain vape from time to time. I can also go hours without vaping if needed.

Good luck,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread