k100 battery issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

slenderman

Oct 24, 2013
West Mids
I have a k100 and use efest 18350 batteries.
The issue is the bottom of the battery, it seems that after tightening the bottom cap over time seems to mold the bottom of the battery into a concave bottom rather than staying flat.
Once this happens the battery wont work with the unit anymore.
Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I see indentations in mine as well, tho' they still work at this time. Like when someone puts a glass on the coffee table without coaster.

One thing that can nip that in the bud is to drop in a Short Stop or Vape Safe fuse. A good idea anyway if you don't do high current sub-ohming (which you shouldn't do with a 350 battery anyway). Such a button gives a nice flat PCB for contact...protecting your battery from being 'scarred/indented' by the pin.

Meanwhile, go easy on the button...don't push it hard.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have a k100 and use efest 18350 batteries.
The issue is the bottom of the battery, it seems that after tightening the bottom cap over time seems to mold the bottom of the battery into a concave bottom rather than staying flat.
Once this happens the battery wont work with the unit anymore.
Anyone else experience this?

I have not experienced this in mine and I've been using it since March. I've heard of K100's that fire non-stop when you over tighten on the battery, so I never do it. Actually back off 1/8 of a turn to give it a slight bit of slack. I did drop the unit about three feet onto the button and between the battery moving down and the button pin stopping on the floor, it dented the battery to the point where I don't want to use it anymore, though it does still work.

I would stop screwing it down so tight ;)

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Maybe you've been mashing the fire button like the incredible hulk?

The depression you mention is probably caused by the switch/pin making contact with the battery. I don't think the spring is hard enough to cause it.

I don't have my k100 with me right now, so an off hand suggestion would be to NOT fully unlock the switch when firing. You do not have to fully unlock the switch to fire the k100. This prevents the pin from travelling too much and causing the depression on your new battery. Again, this is an off hand suggestion and I don't know if it will solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread