• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

k808 or EgoT - Or am i just weird!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistandantilus

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Canada
I know that everyone has their preference for what they use. Just a little info.
So my first kit was a kit that I bought at a gas station, company name smoke nv Inc in Edmonton. I ended up doing research, as I was just going to buy pre-filled carts that the company sells. Well to my suprise found out there was nearly any flavour you could get from on-line suppliers. So decided to buy my girlfriend the 510 kit and my self a n Ego T LCD.
I don't mind vaping the Ego T, with tank, just hate always pushing a button. I love the fact the k808 that I got originally has no button, only downside is battery life and cleaning the cartridges, much easier to wash the Ego T tank.
I find the k808 vapes just as good.
I love the Ego T. Just too bad there's a button you have to push. Must make me weird because I know alot of people on here would prefer and Ego T over a little k808. I'm actually contemplating buying another kit from the store as I haven't found a Canadian vendor that sells them really cheap.

lunabella

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
I know that everyone has their preference for what they use. Just a little info.
So my first kit was a kit that I bought at a gas station, company name smoke nv Inc in Edmonton. I ended up doing research, as I was just going to buy pre-filled carts that the company sells. Well to my suprise found out there was nearly any flavour you could get from on-line suppliers. So decided to buy my girlfriend the 510 kit and my self a n Ego T LCD.
I don't mind vaping the Ego T, with tank, just hate always pushing a button. I love the fact the k808 that I got originally has no button, only downside is battery life and cleaning the cartridges, much easier to wash the Ego T tank.
I love the Ego T. Just too bad there's a button you have to push. Must make me weird because I know alot of people on here would prefer and Ego T over a little k808. I'm actually contemplating buying another kit from the store as I haven't found a Canadian vendor that sells them really cheap.

If you're weird, then so am I. I feel exactly the same way! I love my 808 Volt way more than I ever liked my Ego-T. I just couldn't get used to the size of the Ego-T and the button. It just never felt as comfortable as my auto Volt. I think my Volt performs better than the Ego-T I had, too. The vapour is warmer and thicker with my Volt.

It really comes down to personal preferance. Some people just aren't willing to charge batteries all the time, so they like the fat batt pv's. I can appreciate that, because it can get frustrating charging batteries all the time (which is why I own at least a dozen batteries lol). I pick them up when they're on sale, or when I'm placing a juice order. It's a purchase I never regret. I'm really not a battery hoarder, I just like to buy different coloured batts as well lol.

I also have a couple of pcc cases, so one's always fully charged if I get lazy, and I have several wall/usb chargers. When one batt is finished, I just replace the finished one with the one in the charger, so my batt is charged by the time this one runs out. I don't find it a big deal personally, but like I said - I can understand how some could get frustrated by it.

I also think that some people might be totally turned off by auto slim cigs because they've tried a lousy model or a model that was made with old technology - some of the older auto models had a really sensitive sensor and microphone, so they fired up in someone's pocket when there was a loud noise or music, or if it was windy. On a lot of models I hear of people having to take 'primer puffs' to activate the pv as well. Most 808 manufacturers (I can't speak for all of them) took these issues into account and redesigned them with new technology, so these issues aren't issues anymore!

I also find that auto batts mimic the act of smoking more for me - I found that with manuals, I barely had to take a drag and my mouth would be filled with vapour. With an auto, I have to actually take a drag to get vapour, and I prefer that.

Again, different strokes for different folks. I think we're the anomoly on the site - most people prefer larger manual batteries, but whatever works for someone is the set up they should stick with. Just wanted to chime in to let you know you're not alone!!

And yeah - as Fisherpal mentioned, go straight to canvape.com if you're looking for 808 supplies. Adam and Tom are AWESOME and their prices, shipping speed, and customer service can't be beat!

One more thing - if you're washing out cartos because you've filled them with a juice that you don't like, you may want to pick up a 901 atomizer for your manual 808. Pop a couple of drops of juice into the atty, pop on a drip tip, and decide whether the juice is 'carto worthy'. The horizonal-coil cartos at canvape are also really cheap (but good quality) so you probably won't feel a great deal of guilt if you use it for a week or two and then chuck it out rather than washing it.

Just my :2c: Vape on!! :vapor:

erinluvsahmed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2011
London, Ont
I got the starter kit supreme from canvape and couldnt be happier. The price is amazing as well I think I only saw one other supplier that had something comparable for 65 but didn't include a passthrough. The only thing I have learned about the auto batteries is with the clearomizer falling apart on me my battery was ruined :( But I ordered a manual battery from them as a backup and will try the volt sealed auto batteries.

Bluesmaster75

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
London, Ontario

Your not crazy. I still buy 510 auto batts and use them if I am just heading to the bar for an hour or 2. Plus they are cheap enough to giveaway when someone is curious. I just wish someone would make a nice smaller case then the ego one so you could carry like 3 or 4 batts and 4 or 5 cartos comfortably. At home I use an assortment of batteries,cartos and tanks because I always have 5 or 6 different flavours on the go. lol

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Most people grow to prefer manual batteries over auto. Once you start ditching the smokes, certain norms start to get replaced, and soon enough you'll prefer a big honking box mod that looks like a detonator.

And if you want a 808, get the newest ones. The Volt, the Bloog... umm there's a few others I believe.

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada
Completely different style, but MadVapes has a auto box mod with 14500 batteries. Those 2xAA boxes are awfully small, easily concealed in the palm of your hand and the 14500 will last you a good while.

Very impressed with these batteries (14500/900mah). They're small, takes about an hour to charge and they cost about 4 bucks each. I've tried them in E-Powers and they work great. (EPs usually go with 14650 batts, so you need a spring for 14500s.) I use them (14500) mainly on my 3AA box mod, which has become my main PV. My E-P's switches died and I'm still waiting for Canadian suppliers to carry them.

I'm also waiting for Canadian suppliers to carry these 2AA box mods (14500/mah). I still prefer small mods even when at home. I hope I'm not trying to make an impression that these 14500s are all-day batts. They're equivalent to an Ego 900mah. Well, they keep my vaping habit moderate. I simply take a break when the batt runs out and they keep me from chain-vaping.

So my ideal setup would be a 2AA box mod with spare 14500s (4-5 pieces) whether at home or on the go. Plus XL or standard cartomizers. 3.7V nominal has been okay for me, so I'll stick with that. Good percentage of VG definitely produces large volumes of vapors.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York

Well .. I happen to have both, and I have to tell ya that my KR8 wins hands down! My KR8's produce the same, if not more vapor than either my SR EgoT 650mah, or my LR Ego T 1100mah, so I use my KR8 90% of the time.,

I like the Ego T and I have not had any issues with leakage, but I definitely prefer KR8's ... FYI, don't buy any more Smoke NV as they are nothing more than branded, over priced KR8's.... go to canvape.com and save some money :D

And I know they are not for everyone, but I love auto batteries. and KR8 autos are also much better than 510 auto IMO.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Well than that is a pretty big chance to take with auto batteries

Not if you use cartos and don't refill them while they are attached. As long as you understand the rules of engagement, I think autos are awesome. I barely ever use my manual batts, usually when I am testing flavors in an atty.

I have only ever killed one auto battery, it was my very first one and I was refilling a 510 carto while it was still attached to the battery, and I over filled the carto :S .. it was my stupid mistake, I knew better and didn't do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread