Not open for further replies.

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
Cool, thanks.

I have the Steel Punk clone (no original anywhere to be found and I wanted to try the form factor) and like it quite a bit. It is a fully mechanical mod and hits very well. I would expect Kamry's version to be similar.

That being said it looks like the Kamry in the picture using the same fake patina that I have seen on the Steampunk mod clones which is also on the threads, etc. and does nothing for reducing voltage drop.

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
Thank you. Does it seem pretty durable (I'm clumsy) and well made? I would imagine it's pretty similar to the clone that you have. I like the form factor as well, I have several top-quality tube style mechs that are great, but I'm always on the look-out for something "different". Considered the hammer clone, but I only use 18650's and with that size the hammer looks pretty ridiculous, also heard quite a few negative reports on its performance. Like the sytle of the Kato too....but I only use drippers so that won't work.....ah well, at the rapid rate our hobby/vice/obsession is growing I am sure there are many more cool mech designs on the way :)

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
I think you'll like the form factor. It's one of my favorite mods to hold. Search on eBay and you can get the (near) 1:1 clone for about $50 shipped. If you want to see more about the construction of the device, check out Twisted420's YT vid on the original vs the clone (can't link because I can't access YT at work).

jbarrick

Moved On
May 24, 2014
Alabama
I'm a big fan of Twisted 420 and saw that video. He seemed to really like it, the differences between the clone and authentic weren't many. Wonder how this Kamry copy will compare quality wise?

Looks CHEAP, not brass screws, no engraving and the Finnish makes it look cheap imo. Look at this one.

Hand Check 002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread