Kanger EVOD spare and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I was always sticking to 2.2ohm coils on my EVOD BCC another member told me that the 1.8ohm be too low on the standard EVOD battery. But the 2.5ohm coils came with my new Mini Pro tank 2s and now got me a EVOD Twist and I think I like the 2.5ohm better then the 2.2ohm. Seems they have some more freedom, that I can raise the volts up on them more then I could the 2.2ohm heads...

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I had always used the 2.2ohm with the EVOD BCC but since these 2.5s came with the Mini Pro Tank 2s, i am using them and I seem to be able to crank the volts up more on them...I might stick with using the 2.5ohms never really understood the ohms but from the tumbler chart I have saved off here it shows the 2.5ohm being able to handle more volts??

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Higher ohms = higher voltage to get the same wattage. But many batteries will not go low enough voltage for some 1.8 ohm coils without getting a burned flavor to them. for me on my 1.8 ohm coil Evods and esmarts I need to be around 3.3 volts to avoid the burned taste. Regular ego batteries will not go that low. they will start out near 4.0 volts , then fairly quickly drop to around 3.7 volts but shut down before they get to 3.3 volts. Some ego style batteries are regulated to 3.7 volts output only, some are unregulated and will vary as I said in the previous statement.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
VV should be fine for you especially since you are using one tank system. Find the sweet spot and leave the voltage there.

From all I read and view on youtube vids the dual coil clearomizers are a bit too much trouble to suit me. I am going to go with the single coil ones. Cheaper and easier to rebuild.

***but why listen to me I am satisfied with running under 10 watts and getting adequate vapor and flavor.*** I just have no real interest in the high wattage stuff.
Maybe the Istick by eleaf interests me a bit. I see it for around $35 for the 30 watt one and you can use your tanks with it at a lower setting if you desire. I may go to one of those later this year, but in no hurry.

Happy vaping and do what suits you not what suits others.

Podunk This HERE ^^^ What HE says.

First, here is the link to Robert's El Cheapo spinners he sent me backchannel when he was answering My questions. They don't have the wide VV range the more expensive ones do but you don't need much V swing with only 650 mah to work with.

EVOD 650mAh Variable Voltage Blister Pack | Cheap Ecig Starter Kit | High Quality - MyFreedomSmokes

You say you can vape at work. Just take 2 or 3 badrys in with you and always have one on charge, you'll always have a fully charged spare in addition to the one you're using this way, the 6Fiddys don't take long to charge. Right now I am using 2 Evods with different juices so me and my tongue don't tire of just one. Having 3 different tanks at the ready could be the perfect sweet spot solution.

Let me answer Robert's Why listen to me question. Because he knows what works, and not just for him and he puts his money where his mouth is.

To further back up his single coil statements. All or almost All of the Evod rebuilds I've seen have them being rebuilt as single coils. Even Indoor Smoking on YouTuber had a vapegasm when he substituted an Evod single coil in place of a Pro Tanks dual coil. The current popular rebuild for the dual coil GS Airs Also uses just one coil.

Dual coils. Fixin' something that wasn't broke...

Bruce in Ocala, Fl and thanks again Robert

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I have to wonder how many new "innovations" in ecigs and other devices are just to sell products and are not really any improvement?
There are always those who are willing and even eager to pay a premium to live on the leading edge. Then there are those of us who are just looking for what works for them and do not really care what the rest are doing. I watch pretty much all the vids on the new stuff and find it interesting but not what I am into.

Not so say totally that dual coils are no improvement but they are for sure not for everyone. Especially those who wish to vape on the cheap either by choice or necessity.
Most single coils can be rebuilt cheaply and easily but rebuilding duals are a pita.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I have both dual coil protank3s and single coil MT3s and see no difference in airflow or vapor production. the dual coils are much more likely to leak and harder to rebuild properly. the newer RTAs like the kayfun or EK V2s are a definite improvement over BCCs giving better airflow and an easier build.vapor production is dependent on coil resistance and both airflow and vapor production can be adjusted to personal taste but I think you may be right about some "new and improved" versions providing no real benifit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread