Juice tastes 'soapy' in a particular tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
Not sure if it's just me, but I switched out one of my tanks back to my GeniTank with an 1.8Ohm coil (same resistance as before) and now my juice tastes 'soapy.' I'm using Kringle's Curse between 3.6V and 3.8V. It didn't taste that way before, and I didn't use any soap when I cleaned out the GeniTank. I did start a new bottle that is kind of hazy (no matter how much I shake it or stir it or let it sit at room temp), but I put some juice in my EMOW Mega tank (1.8Ohm between 3.6V and 3.8V) and it doesn't taste soapy. I tried both tanks on both my iStick and e-Go batteries w/ the same results and even tried changing the coil in the GeniTank. The last bottle didn't taste funny in the GeniTank or the EMOW. I even tried what is in my EVOD 2 (juice from the old bottle though) and there was no funny taste. I do have more liquid coming (just placed the order from Halo today) next week, but was curious if anyone else ever had a similar experience?
I didn't soak my GeniTank in Vodka or alcohol when I washed it. Would that make a difference?

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
New coil in the tank (1.8Ohm). It was actually the same flavor in the tank before (just the other bottle). I had taken it apart to clean it when it leaked after a refill (my own dumb fault - didn't get it closed tight enough) and it was sitting empty. I swapped out the tank for no particular reason back to the GeniTank from the EMOW. When I filled it with juice from the newer bottle is when it tasted soapy. I'll give it a good soak tomorrow and see how that does. If that doesn't work, I have more juice coming from Halo this week, so I'll try one of the new bottles when they come in.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
It's the o-rings mate. :)

The thicker ones between the glass and base/cap. They've either picked up flavors and are letting it back into the eliquid or have just gone funky on their own due to a lack of real cleaning (ever now and again, take it all apart including the o-rings and put in some warm water with a bit of dawn for a bit, then rinse and scrub off any residue with a q-tip). You can either replace them, or if they are fine, flip them.

I mean I could be wrong, but it fits the variables you listed.

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
It's the o-rings mate. :)

The thicker ones between the glass and base/cap. They've either picked up flavors and are letting it back into the eliquid or have just gone funky on their own due to a lack of real cleaning (ever now and again, take it all apart including the o-rings and put in some warm water with a bit of dawn for a bit, then rinse and scrub off any residue with a q-tip). You can either replace them, or if they are fine, flip them.

I mean I could be wrong, but it fits the variables you listed.

While I have it apart tomorrow, I'll give this a try, too! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread