Kanger Mini Protank II has a drip tip? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Got my Kanger Mini Protank II today ordered from 101 vape and man am I pleasantly surprised. I only paid $12.48 for it shipping included so I don't know what I expected, perhaps a knock off that I was just going to be satisfied with because I got a good deal on it. Nope. Got the real deal in the sealed box with two heads and surprise, surprise, it has a replaceable drip tip. From everything I had looked at online I was expecting the drip tip to be one piece with the tank and not replaceable, so now I'm just psyched. Took one vape from it and I could really tell the difference from the Evods that I've been starting out with. Yeah, the evods are great but there's just something about this glass tank that produces a purerer vape, which is mind boggling since it uses the same exact head. Anyway. Time to vape my new Mini. Lotta love to 101 Vape -- will be ordering another one real soon.

cloud.nine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I agree, the removable drip tip is great. I had a bad reaction to the chrome tip of the earlier version, it made my lip sore after a day or two of vaping with it. I'm pretty sure the removable one is stainless steel, I have no bad reaction to it.

I've had my mini protanks for about 2 months, and I just discovered yesterday that they come apart. LOL! :blink:
It always looked to me like they should unscrew and separate into their smaller parts like the bigger Protank... but try as I might with my small hands I was not able to get them unscrewed. I didn't want to break it so I didn't force it too much. Then yesterday one just started to come unscrewed on its own.... and I was blown away! All this time I've been cleaning and drying them out like my Evods, with a little rolled up piece of paper towel! :oops:
Now I like the mini protanks even better!

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I agree, the removable drip tip is great. I had a bad reaction to the chrome tip of the earlier version, it made my lip sore after a day or two of vaping with it. I'm pretty sure the removable one is stainless steel, I have no bad reaction to it.

I've had my mini protanks for about 2 months, and I just discovered yesterday that they come apart. LOL! :blink:
It always looked to me like they should unscrew and separate into their smaller parts like the bigger Protank... but try as I might with my small hands I was not able to get them unscrewed. I didn't want to break it so I didn't force it too much. Then yesterday one just started to come unscrewed on its own.... and I was blown away! All this time I've been cleaning and drying them out like my Evods, with a little rolled up piece of paper towel! :oops:
Now I like the mini protanks even better!

Yes it's a stainless steal tip. I like that better than the cheapo plastic one that comes with the Evod, but I like the fact that I can now buy my own drip tip and replace it even better. I prefer something slightly pliable personally, not hard and cold. Yes, seems everything comes apart so even if you drop your tank and crack it you can replace it. And it looks really cool on my metallic red ego-c twist. Oh no, my gadget has just grown yet another inch. It's seven inches long now. What will come next. LOL

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
The first kanger pro tank 2 mini didn't have a removable drip tip.....which was really weird, because the kanger pro tank 2 did.

What is even weirder, is that the PT2 mini WITHOUT removable drip tip was released literally just about 3 weeks before the one WITH the removable drip tip.

Also, the original PT1 used glue to hold the parts together, glue which interacted negatively with citrus and cinnamon flavorings. The new Pt1 doesnt use glue, but besides that everything else is pretty much the same.

It is confusing, because they released the PT2, and right after changed the PT1. They released the PT2 mini, and right after re-released it with a removable drip tip. Talk about confusing,, lol.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
The first kanger pro tank 2 mini didn't have a removable drip tip.....which was really weird, because the kanger pro tank 2 did.

What is even weirder, is that the PT2 mini WITHOUT removable drip tip was released literally just about 3 weeks before the one WITH the removable drip tip.

Also, the original PT1 used glue to hold the parts together, glue which interacted negatively with citrus and cinnamon flavorings. The new Pt1 doesnt use glue, but besides that everything else is pretty much the same.

It is confusing, because they released the PT2, and right after changed the PT1. They released the PT2 mini, and right after re-released it with a removable drip tip. Talk about confusing,, lol.

Well I'm glad I got the newer version. Wasn't expecting it. From videos I had watched on youtube it was always the one without the removable tip, so I'm very pleased.

RPGZealot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
CA, by way of NJ
I, too, have both. And, I, too, prefer the MP2, but I'm not certain it's because it's a better vape, per se. I really just like the heft of it and the bonus of being able to break it all the way down to give it a good scrubbing. With the 1.8 ohm coils instead of the stock 2.5s makes a world of difference.

Also, $12.48 is amazing. I think I paid $13.99 not two weeks ago, with additional shipping.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I, too, have both. And, I, too, prefer the MP2, but I'm not certain it's because it's a better vape, per se. I really just like the heft of it and the bonus of being able to break it all the way down to give it a good scrubbing. With the 1.8 ohm coils instead of the stock 2.5s makes a world of difference.

Also, $12.48 is amazing. I think I paid $13.99 not two weeks ago, with additional shipping.

I'm comparing the two (evod and mini). The evod gives an excellent vape but I think the difference is there is more air mixed in with the vape. It doesn't seem to be any air mixed in with the vape off the mini. It's all together thicker, cleaner, even taken deep into the lungs it comes out thick and less airy.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Yeah, the air holes on the MP2 seem a lot smaller. Covering one of the EVOD's holes makes it very similar, methinks. At any rate, the EVODs came with the starter kit, if pressed, I'd just order MP2s from here on out.

Hmmm, thanks for the tip about covering the hole. I hadn't thought of that.

pcrdude

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2013
61E54A1B-2ECD-4BF3-809C-B164F1DB671A-9010-000000EF153E8EAF_zpse6386120.jpg

I use color coded drip tips to identify flavors.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
61E54A1B-2ECD-4BF3-809C-B164F1DB671A-9010-000000EF153E8EAF_zpse6386120.jpg

I use color coded drip tips to identify flavors.

Great idea. I was thinking of getting different color evods to color code them for flavors until one of them got totally corroded by some iffy juice. After that I decided not to buy any more plastic products. So color coded tips is a wonderful idea. I'm now trying that iffy spearmint juice in the mini and it still tastes like crap, burns the nose on exhale something awful, luckily I only put a little bit in. Maybe I can mix it with stuff once in a while so that I don't have to toss it but straight it's like vaping Vicks.

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
Great idea. I was thinking of getting different color evods to color code them for flavors until one of them got totally corroded by some iffy juice. After that I decided not to buy any more plastic products. So color coded tips is a wonderful idea. I'm now trying that iffy spearmint juice in the mini and it still tastes like crap, burns the nose on exhale something awful, luckily I only put a little bit in. Maybe I can mix it with stuff once in a while so that I don't have to toss it but straight it's like vaping Vicks.

CJ,it can be worth picking up some unflavored to use to cut down overpowering juices. I have some I really like once I cut them to tone down the flavor. Menthols/mints often fall into this category for me. Almost unvapeable at full flavor, but tasty cut 50/50 with unflavored.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
CJ,it can be worth picking up some unflavored to use to cut down overpowering juices. I have some I really like once I cut them to tone down the flavor. Menthols/mints often fall into this category for me. Almost unvapeable at full flavor, but tasty cut 50/50 with unflavored.

I was looking at DIY products yesterday at Totally Wicked as a matter of fact.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I'm now trying the cherry flavor from the iffy company to see if it was just the evod or would my new mini do it justice, and, same thing, just an off black cherry flavor, nothing special about it at all, no thought seemed to be put into it. It's been steeping for a few days so I don't think it's going to miraculously get any better. Just not a good vendor. Well, enough about them, in the process I took the mini apart and washed it, how convenient. The only thing that needs to be paid attention to is there are two very slim rubber pieces on each end of the glass tank that could potentially fall off and get lost if you wash the tank too aggressively.

(Edit: grew tired of that bland cherry taste after a few vapes and mixed some of the lemon in it to produce a cherry lemonade flavor and now it's not bad, I may have invented something.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread