Not open for further replies.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Hello,

I use a ProVari w/extended cap and my girlfriend uses a ProVari Mini.

She is tired of tasting "filler" with cartos and carto tanks so she decided to try a Kanger Mt3 due to ease of operation.

We ordered her a blue MT3 and replaceable head. She went for the 2.5 ohm due to the fact we use ProVaris' and prefer higher ohm hardware. We also ordered a ego adapter from ProVape.

Everything arrived today. So far, so good. She has in it Johnson Creek Red Oak TN Cured and wicking is not a problem. In fact, she says it taste like she is smoking a real cig. The only complaint I have is while the adapter from ProVape threads perfectly to the ProVari (of course), we had a little trouble threading it to the MT3. Well, it on there and making contact so it's the adapter is going to stay on the MT3 until the head needs to be changed at which time some Naolox will be added to the threads.

My questions are as follows: About how long do the heads last before needing to be replaced? When that happens, can just the wicks be replaced or does it have to be the whole head? If just the wicks, what material are they made of? I ask that so maybe we can just go to the local hardware? What vendor sells the wick materiel?
When changing flavors, is a good rinse suffice?

Thank in advance for your time

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hello,

I use a ProVari w/extended cap and my girlfriend uses a ProVari Mini.

She is tired of tasting "filler" with cartos and carto tanks so she decided to try a Kanger Mt3 due to ease of operation.

We ordered her a blue MT3 and replaceable head. She went for the 2.5 ohm due to the fact we use ProVaris' and prefer higher ohm hardware. We also ordered a ego adapter from ProVape.

Everything arrived today. So far, so good. She has in it Johnson Creek Red Oak TN Cured and wicking is not a problem. In fact, she says it taste like she is smoking a real cig. The only complaint I have is while the adapter from ProVape threads perfectly to the ProVari (of course), we had a little trouble threading it to the MT3. Well, it on there and making contact so it's the adapter is going to stay on the MT3 until the head needs to be changed at which time some Naolox will be added to the threads.

My questions are as follows: About how long do the heads last before needing to be replaced? When that happens, can just the wicks be replaced or does it have to be the whole head? If just the wicks, what material are they made of? I ask that so maybe we can just go to the local hardware? What vendor sells the wick materiel?
When changing flavors, is a good rinse suffice?

Thank in advance for your time

Not all T3 threading is the same. And MT may be different than T3 - this issue came up on the eGo-types thread - don't recall fixes other than using an adapter. Luck is a factor and there are clones and knockoffs out there. Anyway, I've gone months without having to replace a head. One just went a few days ago after 3 months. But ymmv and you'll find posts where people don't go that long. When I begin to get a little harder draw - I drop the coil unit in 151 proof vodka for about a half hour. After doing that about 2 or 3 times, I'll replace the coil with another unit.

As far as rebuilding - you can rebuild both the coil and the wicking and if it is still firing and the wicking looks clogged up, you could just replace the wicking for less than another coil unit but not by much :) Here's one video - there's a few - on replacing coil and wick. He tells what materials he uses but there are several threads on that here, which you should check out before attempting.

Reactions: derbj390

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
I just recoiled/wicked one with 34 gauge kanthal and 3 strands of silica. It was pretty darn easy considering the small space, since the leads just slip into the connector and are held in place by the snap-in positive post and insulator. I evened the glow out some more and it's vaping like a champ. Glad I didn't throw it away, I hated it before.

img5733c.jpg

img5734t.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread