Kanger OCC horizontal coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodi214

Apr 15, 2016
St Louis, MO
Hi all - I am new to the forums and I am using a Kanger mini and like the 1.2 horizontal coils and cannot find them anywhere anymore, only the verticals. I don't care for the verticals as much, do you know of any place that may still sell the horizontal? I have tries searching online and not having any luck, guess they just don't exist anymore :(

Thanks

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
@Jodi214

Edit for you: Found em!! Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK OCC Coil Heads (5-Pack) 1.2Ohm(Horizontal) - I have never ordered from here so don't shoot the messenger;) The site seems legit, but their prices are weird. Who would pay $50.00 for an OG Triton tank (on sale!!) is beyond me. But, your coil heads go for 12.50 which isn't too bad.

Have you tried rebuilding 'em?

Lemme see if I can find them.

Edit: So far only found .5 Ohm OG HOCC heads from efuntop: 5pcs Kangertech Subtank Replacement Organic Cotton Coil (OCC) - $10.00

Edit #2: Cigaguy says they'll be restocked soon (on their site): 5pcs Authentic Kanger Subtank OCC Coil Head 1.2Ohm - You could sign up to have them e-mail you if/when back in stock, though you may want to reach out to them directly to see if they'll be restocking.

Last edited:

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Hi all - I am new to the forums and I am using a Kanger mini and like the 1.2 horizontal coils and cannot find them anywhere anymore, only the verticals. I don't care for the verticals as much, do you know of any place that may still sell the horizontal? I have tries searching online and not having any luck, guess they just don't exist anymore :(

Thanks
BTW, welcome to the forum! Glad to have another Kanger fan in the mix. How long have you been vaping? What's your current nic level?

Reactions: Jodi214

Jodi214

Apr 15, 2016
St Louis, MO
BTW, welcome to the forum! Glad to have another Kanger fan in the mix. How long have you been vaping? What's your current nic level?
I started vaping last July, gave up cigs in Sept. Was a smoker for 35 years. Started at 16mg nicotine and down to 6mg. Vaping is so much better!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Thanks

Don't like verticals. They restrict both the vapor and airflow.

Sorry but i don't see them either.

If you are open to building rebuild the heads according to the Rip Trippers video.

Rebuilding those are stupid simple

Jodi214

Apr 15, 2016
St Louis, MO
Don't like verticals. They restrict both the vapor and airflow.

Sorry but i don't see them either.

If you are open to building rebuild the heads according to the Rip Trippers video.

Rebuilding those are stupid simple
Definitely not a fan of the verticals. Have no clue how to rebuild but I will check out that video. Thanks for the info.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I started vaping last July, gave up cigs in Sept. Was a smoker for 35 years. Started at 16mg nicotine and down to 6mg. Vaping is so much better!
:) agreed! I am on the same path. started at 12 and 18mg and now down to 6, about to move to 3:rickroll: Congrats on the healthier lungs;)

Tried the vertical and have tried the Clapton and don't really care for either

Yeah not a huge fan of the verts, but their claptons were such a dissappoinment to me. I gave away the pack I bought. I purchased a few packs of the HOCCs awhile back and have been rebuilding them ever since. Once you see how easy it is to do, it's hard paying for new ones.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome @Jodi214!

I have the horizontals from some time ago - I do rebuild mine. I can't seem to take apart the V2 (Vertical) heads, and I've recently started buying the SSOCC heads for when I get too lazy to rebuild. I do like the SSOCC heads better than the V2s....

Jodi214

Apr 15, 2016
St Louis, MO
:) agreed! I am on the same path. started at 12 and 18mg and now down to 6, about to move to 3:rickroll: Congrats on the healthier lungs;)

Yeah not a huge fan of the verts, but their claptons were such a dissappoinment to me. I gave away the pack I bought. I purchased a few packs of the HOCCs awhile back and have been rebuilding them ever since. Once you see how easy it is to do, it's hard paying for new ones.
I've been stuck on 6 for a while, I think it is a mental thing to go down to 3. I will get there though. lol. YAY for healthier lungs!

Jodi214

Apr 15, 2016
St Louis, MO

I only bought one Clapton coil at a local vape shop to try it, used it for a day and threw it away. haha. Guess I need to check into rebuilding...

Jodi214

Apr 15, 2016
St Louis, MO
Welcome @Jodi214!

I have the horizontals from some time ago - I do rebuild mine. I can't seem to take apart the V2 (Vertical) heads, and I've recently started buying the SSOCC heads for when I get too lazy to rebuild. I do like the SSOCC heads better than the V2s....
Do the SSOCC coils work on the Kanger mini? Sorry, still kinda new and not sure what all works with that. I have only bought the OCC because I wasnt sure if the others would fit.

Reactions: DingerCPA

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I only bought one Clapton coil at a local vape shop to try it, used it for a day and threw it away. haha. Guess I need to check into rebuilding...

As far as i am cobcerned THAT is the only way to fly.

Better flavor, better airflow, less expensive. Build to the sweet spot you like

I currently use three RTAs (Rebuildable Tank Atomizer)

Kayfun Monster Mini V3.
Griffin
Silverplay nano
And now playing with the Goblin Nano. Not sure if i will work it in the rotation or not.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Do the SSOCC coils work on the Kanger mini? Sorry, still kinda new and not sure what all works with that. I have only bought the OCC because I wasnt sure if the others would fit.

The SSOCC heads are supposed to be bsckward compatible; but people have related leaking issues.

BMW2005

Mar 26, 2016
Indiana
Yes. I have the Kanger Plus, mini and nano and all three use the same coil. No leaks for me, so not sure what the other people are doing. I Love the Kanger Subtanks, specially being able to use one coil across three different size tanks.

Jodi214

Apr 15, 2016
St Louis, MO
Yes. I have the Kanger Plus, mini and nano and all three use the same coil. No leaks for me, so not sure what the other people are doing. I Love the Kanger Subtanks, specially being able to use one coil across three different size tanks.
Love your quit smoking banner, had to make one for myself!!

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Here is another place to find HOCCs. Though, they are labeled differently. From VaporFi, looks like they copied Kangertech and are charging more $$ :/

OMG. $17.99 for something I just bought for $9.

They offer a 'free liquid' with a tank that should be $28.99 but is $59.99 in it's green O-ring disguise.

I make that a $31 bottle of free 10ml liquid. :eek:

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
OMG. $17.99 for something I just bought for $9.

They offer a 'free liquid' with a tank that should be $28.99 but is $59.99 in it's green O-ring disguise.

I make that a $31 bottle of free 10ml liquid. :eek:

Amazing what they think they can get away with. They must be doing well though. Vaporfi has been around since before I started (a year a 4 months) and it looks like they have expanded their tank and mod lines.
Wonder if I can just order the green orings for my STMs. Though, they're probably like 5 bucks a pop!

Edit: I wasn't too far off - only $1.99!! VaporFi Volt Tank O-Rings (3 Pack)
Even more funny, they call it a pack of three orings but really it is the three orings that are in the tank, not a pack of three sets.

Think I'll stick with FT and just wait a little while for the order - Pack of 10 sets for $1.89 - $1.89 Colorful Silicon Seal Ring Set for SUBTANK Mini (10-Set) 10-pack - sky blue at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread