The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kanger Pro Tank vs. 510 drip atomizer

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by piggy, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. piggy

piggy Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2013
    New York
    I love my drip atty's. My preferred vape for taste/warmth/vapor production. But i'm looking for an inexpensive tank style replacement. So how does the Kanger pro tanks compare to a sub $10 drip atomizer in those areas?

2. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  3. RPadTV

RPadTV Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    Generally speaking, you'll get less flavor and vapor, as well as a cooler vape. The upside is capacity and convenience.

4. piggy

Mar 5, 2013
    New York
    I'm not really impressed with the flavor and vapor from carto tanks (the ce4's i've tried are even worse). I feel the flavor muted and the vapor not as clean as atomizers. If the Pro Tank is a significant improvement over the carotos i would definately consider it. Whats your experience?

5. RPadTV

RPadTV Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    The big factor is whether you're sensitive to the taste of polyfil in cartomizers. I am not, so for me it's atomizer > carto/tank > clearomizer. It's personal preference, but as far as flavor goes, I would say clearomizers are a step down from carto/tanks.

6. piggy

Mar 5, 2013
    New York
    Are you putting the Pro Tank at the same level as clearomizers?

7. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    The Protank is using a wick versus filler, so it would be considered a clearomizer, maybe super clearomizer! My favorite RY4 loses much of it's flavor in cartos, and they don't handle 60/40 juice very well, gunking up rather quickly. In terms of flavor and vapor production as well as longer useful life, I find clearos far better than cartos. They give a genuine flavor much closer to dripping than anything else I've used.

8. The Yeti

The Yeti Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Black Hills, SD
    Protank vs. Dripping - not even a fair fight as far as vapor and flavor are concerned. Dripping wins every time.

I've found the Vivi Nova to have much better flavor and vapor than the Protank, but it's still no dripper.

You may want to look into a rebuildable dripper. I've got an Igo-L and love it!

9. piggy

Mar 5, 2013
    New York
    Thanks Yeti. I've noticed mixed reviews on this site on rebuildables. I'm also not too crazy about all the hassle. Looks like i'm stuck with dripping for now or wait for the 510 atty tanks to come down in price a little.

10. The Yeti

Oct 19, 2009
    Black Hills, SD
    RE: Hassle - I can set up my Igo in under 3 minutes. No hassle there. :)

11. piggy

Mar 5, 2013
    New York
    I can setup my 510 drip atty in 5 seconds without any additional equipment needed.

12. The Yeti

Oct 19, 2009
    Black Hills, SD
    True, but I can rebuild my Igo for about a year for $5. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.